ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-10-10, 14:19)gsmtech Wrote:
(2016-10-10, 14:10)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-10-10, 13:55)wrxtasy Wrote: Warning here !

If this thread starts turning into an off topic Beelink BUGlink support thread I will close it down.

Either take the conversation to the LibreELEC AMLogic S905 Forum or the already existing Budget AMLogic SXXX Boxes thread please.

The ODROID C2 is an officially supported LibreELEC device. In fact a lot of AMLogic LibreELEC development work is originating from the developers using this very box.
In reality all you really need to purchase if Ethernet connected (recommended), is a C2 board, case and a Class 10 Samsung or Sandisk SD card. A lot of people already have USB chargers and the necessary cables. You can easily custom program you own IR remote control too via Lirc. There is a simple DIY available.

Its all pretty easy to get up and running as well:

1) Download the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator App from HERE
2) Choose Odroid C2 > Local Image File > LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.Aug.img.zip
3) Choose your mSD card and "Write" it. Eject > Insert into the C2.
3) Make sure you select both SSH and SMB connect options on the setup screens when LE first runs.
4) If needed Update using Oct.tar file from a PC with instructions from HERE
5) Enjoy !

I agree it has gone off topic from the original OP, but I thought it was you that moved Vitalero's post here, now you are threatening to close it down.

Rather than close it down it would be nicer if you moved it back where it was originally.

My question to gsmtech is:-

When you say, "The kodi experience on android full stop is poor compared to libreElec", I would like to understand what benefits I would see if I run libreElec on my budget box?

As you have said I could use an SDCard to make the budget box dual boot to try out libreElec, if the benefits are attractive enough to me.

I have used the term 'Budget Box' in restating my question, hope that makes you happier.

Benefits of LibreElec include : working audio passthrough, fractional refresh rates / dynamic switching working, faster bootup menu navigation, and generally smoother than android, less memory usage than android...not that memory usage is really that much of an issue with kodi...

Thanks for response.

I don't fully understand all the posts about audio passthrough, fractional refresh rates/dynamic working, sounds like I need to do some reading up on these subjects.

wrxtasy posted a useful link to some wiki test files, http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples, maybe I will download and test some of these.

My experience is that given a correct source both my boxes output sound into my 7.1 surround sound system that sounds incredible to me, the sub woofer making my sofa shake at the correct moments. Is it true 7.1 I don't know.

Better performance and less memory usage tends to go with not using a bloated mainline OS.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by Jeffers24 - 2016-10-10, 14:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610