ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-10-10, 15:47)gsmtech Wrote:
(2016-10-10, 14:47)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-10-10, 14:30)wrxtasy Wrote: Agreed with gsmtech (for once !) Wink

@Jeffers24,
Have a look at Post #2 of this very thread to see what a well sorted C2 LibreELEC distribution can do. Smile
You will get no where near that number of working features and supported Audio and Video codecs on Budget Android only devices.

Agreed an impressive list of capabilities, most of which (as per my earlier post) I don't understand and I don't know what benefit they will give me.

To me it's all about my experience, which I agree is totally subjective, my budget box plays everything I have asked it to with excellent crisp visual and sofa shaking audio output. What more could I ask for :-)

Is my budget box capable of all of the features you list, I have no idea, if it was will they enhance my experience I would have to do tests to check.

As in my earlier post I will download some test files from the wiki link you posted and run them.

My understanding is that I could put libreElec on an SDCard and run it on my budget box with some of the test files to see what difference it makes.

"Is my budget box capable of all of the features you list, I have no idea, if it was will they enhance my experience I would have to do tests to check."

- using Android your box is not capabale of the listed features in the mentioned post, but using LibreElec these features become available, this is the reason for using LibreElec, Yes you can run LibreElec off SD card without affecting your current Android software. if you want to boot into android just remove the SD card.

- Try out LibreElec and see what you think.

OK :-) as I can run it off an SDCard I'll give it a go.

Would you provide the best link for me to go get libreElec and with some instructions, so that I can load onto an SDCard and run on my budget box, don't want to name it in case wrxtasy kicks off again.

I am assuming I load libreElec onto my SDCard, I don't have to change anything on my box and that I can run my Kodi build after booting libreElec. Please let if my assumptions are incorrect.

Thanks for your help

Quick Edit - If it makes sense I would like to stick with stable Kodi 16.1

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by Jeffers24 - 2016-10-10, 16:23
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610