ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
Wrxtasy, I know this question is way, way out of the bounds of this thread (I guess this what they call all these pages), but gonna ask anyway, because you are the expert with these devices. The first page says it runs Ubuntu 16.04 and I would like to know if it has enough power to run (I don't know how to say this without being banned) Plex or Emby server. I have recently been learning Linux on my Pine64 board, primarily to run Plex and Emby servers on that board. It does work somewhat, but do need more power. I don't really need any transcoding on the fly, just want the videos to play on my external devices. All my media is stored on NAS's and all my devices are connected via gigabit network.

I am looking for something inexpensive, that will do the basic job of being a server. Yes, I have read that the Nvida Shield can and does make a decent Plex server, but for two reasons, I would never purchase that machine just for a server backend. First reason, is it is too expensive for my needs, and secondly, I don't want something that JUST WORKS. I have numerous different Android boxes and even a microPC to serve as a client, but it they work out of the box, I don't use them because they are BORING.

That is my reasoning for the Odroid running Linux, so I can continue learning linux and it will not get boring. I guess I love the stress level trying to get a device to do something that is it basically not intended to do. It feels good after I get done banging my head against the wall, because I can't solve an immediate problem.

So, all I want to know in simple terms, will this simi work as a server.

thanks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by clarkss12 - 2016-10-31, 13:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610