ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
Hi,

I just got a new odroid with an emmc and a powercord and I have been experimenting with the libreelec builds. I first installed "LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.Aug.img.zip" and tested and everything seemed pretty good. My MCE IR remote worked out of the box which was unexpected but welcomed. However, the MCE IR remote does seem to work a little slowly (or maybe lag is a better way to describe it) compared to a using a small wireless USB keyboard that I also tested. The IR remote also seems to miss button presses, for example, if i have a list of movies and i press down 10 times quickly on the usb keyboard, it goes down 10 times as expected. But if I press down 10 times quickly on the MCE IR remote, it goes down 7 or 8 times. I'm a little disappointed in that as I didn't have that issue on my old hacked chinese android boxes that I flashed with hacked openelec builds and it makes the kodi experience feel slower than it really is.

Then I updated to "LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.Oct.On.Off.tar" and tested and had issues, it seemed to not want to redraw screens after a short while and I had to reboot a couple of times. I looked at the boot.ini after this update and I see that this one is set to run at 1.656GHz, maybe that's the reason for the instability. I also noticed that when I play a live stream from the sportsnet kodi plugin (in the official kodi repository), that the "working" spinning circle continues for about 10 seconds after the video has already started playing.

So then I went back to "LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.Aug.img.zip" and updated to "LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.DDR.Clock.tar". This one did not have any stability issues like i did with the oct.on.off.tar, but does still have the same bug when playing streams from the sportsnet plugin that the working animation continues for 10 seconds after the video has already started. The IR is still slow and misses some fast button presses.

I haven't tried "LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.HotPlug.tar" update, but I might start over one more time and test this update also.

In case anyone is curious, here is a debug log of playing a sportsnet stream where the working animation continues after the video has already started:
http://pastebin.com/xPc7trzQ

So, after experimenting with my new odroid for a day, my 2 questions are:
1) which update is the most recommended one?
2) has anyone else noticed the IR input being slower than typical and missing button presses when there are multiple button presses in a row? Does the official hardkernel remote have this same lag?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.1 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by teefer22 - 2016-11-04, 15:50

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $464.110