ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-11-13, 14:19)Oral-B Wrote:
(2016-11-04, 20:51)teefer22 Wrote: Thanks for the input everyone. Oral-B, if you do experiment with the harmony, i'd love to hear what you find. I do like my the chinese IR remote that i've been using for years, but I'm not sure i can put up with the dropped input actions. I would buy a harmony but only if it the input works better than the MCE remote.

I finally had some time to test the Harmony Touch. Unfortunately, I haven't noticed any improvement in lag and missed input compared to the MCE remote, even when reducing the input delay to zero in the Touch's settings. As I said before, it's not bad, really, and I've pretty much learned to live with it, but both the MCE remote and the Harmony will occasionally drop inputs and are more laggy overall than my bluetooth keyboard.

Huge thanks for the reply. My household has also learned to live with the lag and dropped input.

I actually own this remote:
https://www.amazon.ca/Keenest-Learning-W...ds=keenest

and it can work either by RF with a dongle or IR (every single button on the front is programmable). The way I have it set up is that I have 90% of the buttons working in Kodi as expected, but I had the power button, volume buttons, mute button, and some colored buttons for changing input and channel up/down programmed for the TV. So when you wanted to turn the TV volume up/down you just pressed the volume button and it would adjust the TV volume. So that one remote was all we really needed. Plus if you needed to type something, you could just flip it upside down and had a simple keyboard.

If I set the remote up for RF only on the odroid, it works super fast with no dropped inputs, but when we press volume up/down, it adjusts the Kodi volume rather than the TV volume. So instead we need to grab the original TV remote for power, volume, changing inputs, channel up/down.

So it's a little disappointing that the IR doesn't work as well on the odroid as you would expect, but it's still a good box at a decent price.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by teefer22 - 2016-11-15, 17:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610