• 57(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-11-23, 09:53)sivaptw Wrote:
(2016-11-23, 04:10)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-11-22, 16:07)sivaptw Wrote: I'm planning to buy the C2 to be used with LE Krypton. I have a Turtle Beach Micro II USB audio adapter that worked on Pi3. Will this USB device work on C2?
Unable to answer. The AMLogic modded v3.10.xx Linux Kernel does not have the comprehensive support for external USB peripherals like USB Audio adapters and USB DAC's compared to the RPi's and Intel Boxes.

Be aware LE Kodi Krypton on all AMLogic devices has major Video frame, display timing changes under the hood. At the moment 23.976fps Video Sync and playback is not as good on All AML LE platforms compared to LE Kodi Jarvis.
Android Kodi Krypton actually displays smoother video playback on AMLogic at the moment if you get a platform with decent Android Lollipop 5.1.1 Firmware.
How do I check the version of Linux kernel on my various types of hardware running Kodi?

ssh into your Linux box running Kodi and run
Code:
uname -r
normally does the trick. You may find more information just by running
Code:
uname
(2016-11-23, 08:21)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes agreed. Krypton is still in Beta pre-release bug testing after all so we cannot expect a final product like Jarvis just yet.

Sad Sorry to hear that, so the best version to use/Jarvis is the one below?

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.Aug.img.zip - > flashing with usb/sd creator
Do hope I can get recent DVB-T2 tuners to work on it if I buy one to play with. It looks to benchmark faster than the S805-based C1/C1+. Pity there isn't any USB 3.0 I/O - but for $40
(2016-11-24, 00:37)artou Wrote:
(2016-11-23, 08:21)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes agreed. Krypton is still in Beta pre-release bug testing after all so we cannot expect a final product like Jarvis just yet.

...and updating with the Oct build
(2016-11-24, 14:25)querty1000 Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 00:37)artou Wrote:

...and updating with the Oct build

Updating now, thanks sir, much better than Krypton really, now playing h265, h264 10p and 4k w/ Aeon 7 without overloading cpu's Cool

Just already anxious for new Krypton release Laugh
If you want a even more Snappiness and Zip, this is my stable setup:

I've changed the CPU GHz speed in the boot.ini file to:

setenv max_freq "1752"

And slightly overclocked the RAM, using the .tar update and instructions found HERE

The dirty great big heatsink on the C2 makes Overclocking possible. Smile

BTW. I could not resist playing around, so ...
If anyone wants a sneak peek of the very nice new Kodi Krypton v2.0 Estuary Skin I've been playing around with a Krypton nightly for the C2:

LE 7.9.xx Krypton beta6 .tar update found HERE

(2016-11-25, 04:01)wrxtasy Wrote: If you want a even more Snappiness and Zip, this is my stable setup:

setenv max_freq "1752"

And slightly overclocked the RAM, using the .tar update and instructions found HERE

If anyone wants a sneak peek of the very nice new Kodi Krypton v2.0 Estuary Skin I've been playing around with a Krypton nightly for the C2:

The new Estuary Next Gen skin looks amazing.
(2016-11-25, 04:01)wrxtasy Wrote: If you want a even more Snappiness and Zip, this is my stable setup:

setenv max_freq "1752"

Did you include this promising PR in this nightly build of krypton beta6?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10887

Could be worth a shot, i'd definitely like to test these changes, what do you think?

cheers,
max
(2016-11-25, 04:01)wrxtasy Wrote:

Love the new Estuary skin and your build works pretty well on my setup Smile

Thank you.
(2016-11-21, 11:28)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-11-21, 09:42)s.lee Wrote: - would the emmc with included emmc to micro-sd adapter then to micro-sd to sd adapter readable by a laptop's sd card reader?
Yes that's the same setup I use when flashing eMMC on my iMac.

Quote:- remote should work straight out of the box right?
Yes the C2 remote will work out of the gate. You can program Harmony remote's as well using the HardKernel C1 config and also MCE ones will work.

Quote:- any other skin work flawlessly? only ever used Aeon MQ7
Just installed v14.0 Aeon MQ7 and its all pretty snappy with eMMC and Kodi Jarvis.
Some nice bling with this Skin - Animated Movie covers as well Smile

It's arrived! So excited and tested ubuntu working fine and went ahead to flash with the 7.1 aug img.
I'm new to linux and all this, can you please explain how to install aeon mq7 skin?
Do I just download the file to a usb then plug it to the odroid and install via kodi?

Is there any update I need to install?

Thanks,
Steven
Hi click these....

2 Updating LibreELEC using the Samba shares

and use this .tar update:

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.Oct.On.Off.tar

I cannot write a DIY Guide to Kodi. There is already a lot of info in Wikipedia about configuring and installing Skins / Addons etc:
http://kodi.wiki/view/quick_start_guide

Skins downloaded in .zip format from the Web are installed via Settings > Addons > Install from .zip

Hi mate, thanks so much for your help and the effort you spent on this.
Got it all working last night, couldn't be more happier, very snappy when navigating through menus and options
Browsing the movies list bit stuttering/lagging at times but definitely faster than my laptop, and I'm sure this is due to the artwork and/or animated ones, I can live with that

I was gonna ask why the odroid remote on/off button doesn't work but after updating it with the oct tar it's now working beautifully.
Do I need to delete the tar file from the update folder or just leave it there?

Couple more questions (which I'm sure won't be last) if I may please
Is this LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.HEVC.PCM.EAC3.Audio.tar required or already included in your Aug and Oct update?
Reason I ask is that passthrough working for dolby, dts, ac3 but not dts-hd
My setup is c2 - hdmi - yamaha rx-v373 - hdmi - epson projector and 5.1 speakers
I've followed this, http://kodi.wiki/view/audio_quickstart_guide
The only way to get audio from dts-hd file is to disable dts-hd capable receiver option and the avr display dts instead
I'm pretty sure my avr should be able to decode dts-hd, http://au.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-v...3_black_a/

Each time I turn on the device, Kodi make a beeping sound with notification about CEC pulse eight thing, I read the other thread, is it only for those using the CEC USB adapter?

RE: overclocking the ram to 1104MHz, you mentioned may be unstable, have you encountered any issues yet? Does it increase temp significantly?
Does this improve snappiness in general or smoother video playback too?
Reset all the Audio settings and don't mess with the Speakers - leave that setting on 2.0 for Audio Passthrough.

Audio Bitstreaming / Passthrough is done Digitally and because of this 2.0 actually represents the number of Digital data transport channels to an AVR/TV over HDMI / Optical. Not the number of Speakers you have. Yes its confusing.

My C2 runs stable, using the .tar update found in the overclocking thread with RAM overclocked to 1104MHz.
I also use a CPU clock:
Code:
setenv max_freq "1752"  # 1.752GHz

That is found in the boot.ini file on the SD/eMMC card, which can be changed by the user.

HDMI-CEC is baked into AMLogic devices hardware. No need for seperate USB CEC adapter like you have to buy for Intel machines.

Hi guys.
Any news about the "Wait for network before starts Kodi" problem on Odroid C-2 that I faced, see: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-2511.html ?
Thanks.
Kodi 18: Nvidia Shield TV (main device) and LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 2 and Odroid C2
TV: Panasonic TX-55EZ950E (OLED)
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR509 (HDMI ARC)
oh no, update with the ddr tar and now it stucked, didn't backup
do i need to start over from scratch and flash the emmc with aug built?
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610