• 66(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
Is there a loadable version of mythpvr for wrxtasy's build? The one I have refuses to initialize.
ERROR: ADDON: Dll MythTV PVR Client - Client returned bad status (6) from Create and is not usable
I tried Krypton, but that has problems using passthrough and MPEG2 video, serious problems. I copied wrxtasy's tar file to the update folder, did a sync command from SSH to make sure it was all written, rebooted and had an apparently successful retrograde to Kodi 16, but I can't get the myth TV addon to successfully load. I tend to get complete lockups of kodi consuming 25% (1 core) CPU forcing me to reboot from SSH. Any ideas?
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
Is anyone here using Enigma2/VU+ VDR-plugin with Odroid C2 and LE 8 Alpha? On mine this plugin fails to start almost every time after reboot, thus making PVR-functions unavailable. Disabling and enabling this addon helps, but I have to do it every time after reboot. I'm still waiting for network before starting Kodi, so that will not help.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
Is it safe to install LibreELEC directly onto the eMMC Module (Linux) that came with the C2?
I did just that, and didn't break anything (I guess). Why wouldn't it be?
Just installed it too onto the eMMC, works as advertised. Smile
(2017-01-04, 22:09)pajretX Wrote:
(2017-01-04, 14:40)digital21cn Wrote:
(2017-01-02, 16:34)pajretX Wrote: Try to blackllist module responsible for IR.

Could you please explain further? how to blacklist the module? thanks.

Try this:
echo "blacklist meson_ir" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
and restart the device by typing in reboot

HTH

It works! Thanks all!
I've got a new LE 7.1.2 test release here.

Its a bit of a special one as the LE developer @cvh has taken Crazy Cat's Linux DVB drivers, put it all into the Linux boiling pot and released new media_build drivers for LE. Users should now enjoy the same level of DVB driver support with AML LE as Generic Intel and RPi Kernels.

With @kszaq's help we now have a LE media_build release with working in Kernel drivers, such as meson-IR as well. Important for those using IR remotes and Lirc.
I've not tested my DVB-T Tuner with this LE 7.1.2 release as yet.

Details of the LE media_build Pull Request used are found HERE

- I've also updated the Kernel once again for improved H264 DVB TV streaming.
- And changed Kodi Audio to use the AML LE master Audio implementation this time.
- There is also a Lirc Enable/Disable switch added to the LE Settings Configurator.
- Lirc config is found in > Programs > LE Configuration > Services > Bottom of the page....

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.2.tar

For the AML LE Tech inclined....@Raybuntu's 32bit Kodi Krypton RC2 test releases for the C2 are working quite nicely now as well, especially for Fractional Refresh Rates and deinterlacing Live TV. Details of C2 Krypton releases in this thread

The AML LE / Kodi dev. @peak3d with help from AMLogic has put a LOT of work into getting video Sync sorted for AML LE Kodi Krypton. This is now producing much improved Hardware decoding - video sync test results vs LE Jarvis for mpeg2 DVD, VC-1 and video playback in general on the C2.

W.

I have updated (.update/ folder) to 7.1.2 from December's 7.1.1 and after restarting C2 I had only the HARDKERNEL logo and then a black screen. After a few seconds a No Signal message on my TV. I have switched the inputs on my TV back and forth and the C2 picture came up. However, the screen is being displayed only on the upper part of the screen. It's squeezed vertically. The bottom of the screen is black. Once I go to settings and change the video resolution back and forth the picture is being displayed correctly. However, after another reboot it's displaying only on a half of the screen again. It happens when the display is set to 1080p60hz.
If I change it to let's say 1080i60hz or 1080i50hz and restart, the No Signal issue remains, however, after going back and forth with the signal inputs on my TV pictures pops up correctly (full screen).

kodi.log -> http://sprunge.us/HSJR
boot.ini -> http://sprunge.us/jXGY

On the 7.1.1 problem did not occur.
pX
(2017-01-04, 10:22)BoxFreak Wrote: How about shutting down C2, is it just ok "pull the plug", or does eMMC get corrupted that way? I've connected my C2 on master-slave extension-cord which cuts power when I shut my AVR.

It seems that pulling the plug isn't good thing, or is it? I'm having trouble with resuming some videos (picture freezes when resuming, starting from beginning works ok), and also it takes very long time (nearly half minute) before bluetooth remote (harmony hub) is working after reboot.
(2017-01-07, 13:35)pajretX Wrote: boot.ini -> http://sprunge.us/jXGY
I believe the issue is in the old boot.ini file not being complete.

Try this updated version and it will overwrite the old boot.ini file:

(2017-01-07, 18:23)BoxFreak Wrote: [...] and also it takes very long time (nearly half minute) before bluetooth remote (harmony hub) is working after reboot.

Same problem here, also using a Harmony Hub: it takes 15-20 seconds after LE has booted for the remote to work. No idea if that's an issue with LE, with the bluetooth module (I'm using the one from HardKernel) or with the Hub itself.
ODROID C2 eMMC 16GB | LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0.2 + fTV | Logitech Harmony Elite remote | LG 55EG910V
Following up. I started tinkering this morning after giving up the other night. The last thing I tried then, was uninstalling the MythPVR addon and the box locked up again. After booting this morning, I noticed MythPVR was still in the list of addons, but the version number seemed to be different. Maybe I had the Krypton version still sitting out there until the uninstall? It now seems to be working well with passthrough audio. I had some audio dropouts occurring, so I turned on the adjust refresh rate of display and that seems to have cleared it up. I have the sync playback to display turned off (doesn't that preclude using passthrough if it's turned on?).

It looks like this might work for me (actually it has to be wife approved). Wink Thanks for all the hard work wrxtasy.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2017-01-08, 14:32)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-01-07, 13:35)pajretX Wrote: boot.ini -> http://sprunge.us/jXGY
I believe the issue is in the old boot.ini file not being complete.

Try this updated version and it will overwrite the old boot.ini file:

All is working good now with the version overwriting the boot.ini.
Thanks!
pX
(2017-01-08, 15:13)Oral-B Wrote:
(2017-01-07, 18:23)BoxFreak Wrote: [...] and also it takes very long time (nearly half minute) before bluetooth remote (harmony hub) is working after reboot.

Same problem here, also using a Harmony Hub: it takes 15-20 seconds after LE has booted for the remote to work. No idea if that's an issue with LE, with the bluetooth module (I'm using the one from HardKernel) or with the Hub itself.

With Chromebox and LE Harmony Hub works immediately.

Maybe it would be good idea to leave C2 on constantly...
(2017-01-08, 19:37)BoxFreak Wrote:
(2017-01-08, 15:13)Oral-B Wrote:

With Chromebox and LE Harmony Hub works immediately.

Maybe it would be good idea to leave C2 on constantly...
Mine freezes from time to time and needs a power supply pull to reboot. I then get the delay before bt works.

Maybe the fact it is in a cupboard means it overheats. It is summer here.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610