• 81(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
Hello
Is the 64 bit kernel for libreelec8 media built better than the 32bit kernel?Maybe better performance?DTS master HD and other HD audio Format work with the libreelec 8 media built?
I remember when I used to use the early builds of Krypton with the Pi 3 and the Turtle Beach USB sound stick used to have some issues. Over time this wa sbetter supported and not of the pops and stutters were noticeable with DTS or DD.

With the 7.95.3 build of Krypton now installed on my newly arrived C2 it also has the issues of clipped sound when playing a DTS file with the oudio sent optically to my DTS amp. The sound is picked up as DTS but the clipping is quite noticeable. Dolby Digital plays fine.

It did pick it up fine in Kodi....

removing the Turtle Beach sound stick and using a HDMI audio extractor which then allows me to use the optically extracted audio signal to my Logitech Z5500 speakers seems to allow perfect playback of DD and DTS sound.

At least the HDMI extractor also allows CEC pass through also and so it will switch on and off my TV as the C2 is powered up and down.

A pity about the USB Turtle Beach sound stick as it gave the impression all was well and it saved having another box attached.

An MCE remote will work fine (mine does) and it will also power down the C2, from the IR on the C2. BUT it will not power it up and the remote that I bought specifically for the C2 will do that, as wrxtasy confirmed.
Hi, i tried to play Star.Trek.Beyond.2016.1080p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG , it is lagging with no sound, can you pls help to address this issue?!!

Frame Rate : 24000/1001
Codec Name : H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
Codec Width : 1920
Codec Height : 804
Channel Layout : stereo
Codec Name : aac
(2017-02-14, 16:45)nmphuoc Wrote: Hi, i tried to play Star.Trek.Beyond.2016.1080p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG , it is lagging with no sound, can you pls help to address this issue?!!

Did you read the forum rules?
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
That sort of help belong in the HardKernel Specific forums anyway.

Also @nmphuoc please only post in the HardKernel forums for specific help with LE community builds. Double posting across forums is too much hard work to keep track of. Wink

@wrxtasy Would it be possible to upgrade the LibreELEWC 7.95.3 edition to your LibreELEC 8.0 - Krypton final - media build edition - 32bit or would I need to start fresh....?

If so is it the tar image that I need...?

Thanks Smile
You can use either the .tar or the img.gz file.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Many thanks, just wanted to make sure before i did that.
Although I'm having lots of practice starting from scratch, using an eMMC card, which is underneath the C2, means that it isn't as accessible as the SD card is on my Pi 3.
Well that didn't work.

Sadly the upgrade process noted that it was not compatible with my system for the C2.

I was looking forward to testing out the SPDIF and optical pass through of DTS and DD.

Probably a clean install needed.
(2017-02-13, 11:42)wrxtasy Wrote: A heads up here for anyone contemplating purchasing an ODROID C2..

Aww. I was about to order another. Tried looking at some of the other distributors, but shipping is RIDICULOUS to Australia. ~$95 shipping alone from lilliput. And some of the resellers prices on the eMMC are just outrageous. Almost double in some cases.
(2017-02-14, 23:21)Vimes Wrote: @wrxtasy Would it be possible to upgrade the LibreELEC 7.95.3 edition to your LibreELEC 8.0 - Krypton final - media build edition - 32bit or would I need to start fresh....?
The official LE 7.95.3 is 64bit - the LE 8.0 Krypton Final media_build is 32bit - the Binaries in the Kodi Addons are incompatible. There is a script in the C2 forums to remove such binaries when going the 64bit <--> 32bit flip flop route.

32bit versions of LE on the C2 have access to extra Kodi Addons such as Spotify that have not been upgraded to 64bit compatibility yet.

Thanks.

I had to stop using the HDMI audio extractor as I thought initially it was working well with the CEC functionality of the C2 and my TV. But when one or the other goes into standby and the TV or the C2 box is turned back on I just get a black screen. Without the HDMI pass through box for audio extraction that it is fine.

That leaves me with the USB stick but that is having some crackles and pops, notably with DTS material.
Changing the audio output to fixed and things really do improve but I then do not get true DTS output, but at least no "chopping" of the sound.

I was hopeful that the 32bit version might improve that.
Which Image is better?Form raybuntu beta 3 or from wrxtasy Version 8.0?Whats the difference?And which fan can i use for the odroid c2?what is the max thick for the fan can can use?40*40*10??
Nobody can help me
Don't bump your posts shorter than 24 hours. Some of us have lives and need sleep.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610