• 83(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2017-02-22, 04:26)startv Wrote: Anyone who used lircd.conf can power on C2, Could you upload your lircd.conf file?

THANKS FOR HELP.
IR Power on commands are Hardcoded into U-Boot. As such Power On commands are only coded for the C1/C2 IR remote or Harmony remotes programmed as C1/C2 remotes.

This cannot be changed.

I suggest you use HDMI-CEC control instead to get your TV to power OFF / ON the C2.

Play with settings....
Kodi Settings > System > Input Devices > Peripherals > CEC Adapter > .....

(2017-02-22, 05:24)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-02-22, 04:26)startv Wrote: Anyone who used lircd.conf can power on C2, Could you upload your lircd.conf file?

THANKS FOR HELP.
IR Power on commands are Hardcoded into U-Boot. As such Power On commands are only coded for the C1/C2 IR remote or Harmony remotes programmed as C1/C2 remotes.

This cannot be changed.

I suggest you use HDMI-CEC control instead to get your TV to power OFF / ON the C2.

Play with settings....
I have a HTC M7 mobile phone with IR componet,I installed irplus APP in it。this APP can convert lirc file to irplus,So,I think if I have the
C1/C2 IR remote's lirc code, I can use my HTC mobile phone to power on C2 , am I right?
Just leave it on...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-02-22, 07:51)startv Wrote:
(2017-02-22, 05:24)wrxtasy Wrote:

THANKS FOR HELP.

This cannot be changed.

Play with settings....
I have a HTC M7 mobile phone with IR componet,I installed irplus APP in it。this APP can convert lirc file to irplus,So,I think if I have the
C1/C2 IR remote's lirc code, I can use my HTC mobile phone to power on C2 , am I right?

If you can capture the unique IR signal, then yes I suspect you can Power on the C2. That is what learning remotes do all the time anyway.

Lirc can be used to signal OFF but you need to learn the Infra Red - ON code from an existing C1/C2 remote. Or a programmed Harmony.

Question about sound:
On my AVR (Onkyo TX-NR 905) died HDMI board and only possible way to connect 5.1 sound is via optical cable.
I found USB-SPDIF adapter for Odroid that can do DD or DTS.

There are two more shields on HK site supporting up to 192 kHz/24 bit. Will this allow me to play DTS MA or TRU-HD ?
Thanks for your time Guys!
(2017-02-22, 12:59)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-02-22, 07:51)startv Wrote:
(2017-02-22, 05:24)wrxtasy Wrote: IR Power on commands are Hardcoded into U-Boot. As such Power On commands are only coded for the C1/C2 IR remote or Harmony remotes programmed as C1/C2 remotes.

This cannot be changed.

Play with settings....

If you can capture the unique IR signal, then yes I suspect you can Power on the C2. That is what learning remotes do all the time anyway.

Lirc can be used to signal OFF but you need to learn the Infra Red - ON code from an existing C1/C2 remote. Or a programmed Harmony.

Who use irrecord to create a HK C2 remote's lircd.conf file, I think I can use this file and the irplus APP to power on C2.

I used the keycode 0x23dc4db2, but it didn't work.
(2017-02-22, 15:05)Mikeed Wrote: Question about sound:
On my AVR (Onkyo TX-NR 905) died HDMI board and only possible way to connect 5.1 sound is via optical cable.

There are two more shields on HK site supporting up to 192 kHz/24 bit. Will this allow me to play DTS MA or TRU-HD ?
USB-SPDIF adapter get very poor support with LibreELEC on the C2. I have not seen one working yet.

Even the Hi-Fi Plus Shield is not fully supported. Those Hardkernel Peripherals are fully supported in Linux that runs a different HardKernel modifed Kernel vs LibreELEC. Some Hi Fi Shield testing feedback is found HERE

@Vimes about 7 post before this is using a HDMI --> SPDIF Audio extractor with the C2. That does not need drivers or Kernel support and is OS and platform independent.

(2017-02-22, 16:18)startv Wrote: Who use irrecord to create a HK C2 remote's lircd.conf file, I think I can use this file and the irplus APP to power on C2.

I used the keycode 0x23dc4db2, but it didn't work.
I've used irrecord to make a lircd.conf for you, containing the Odroid C2 power toggle code:
Code:
0x3BC4
So this should be the Lirc code, you could try. I hope this will work for you, as I only use a Logitech Harmony with the C2 profile (no original C2 remote).

Perhaps also this thread might be helpful for you (pronto code): http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mbo...d.cgi?8141

(2017-02-22, 15:05)Mikeed Wrote: Question about sound:

I guess these shields do 192 kHz/24bit only for stereo media. DTS MA HR etc. are base on 192kHz/24bit multichannel, original S/P-DIF specification does not include enough bandwidth for DTS-HD and TrueHD streams. Perhaps the C2 would play the files, but output only the DTS core and Dolby Digital core instead of the HD part (which is on top) if using S/P-DIF. I agree with wrxtasys proposal to use a hdmi extractor to S/P-DIF. You will avoid all driver and kernel issues with this solution, but obivously loose the DTS-HD and TrueHD capability as well. Isn't it allways some capacitors on the HDMI Board of the Onkyos? If you haven't researched google yet, it would probably be useful to do so. Repairing could be done for 10$ perhaps, just a little soldering, if it's really just a capacitor issue.
@infinity85
Thank you, it works
You can't send DTS-HD or TrueHD over SPDIF.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks guys, so I,m looking for extractor... I just saw this shields on HK site and I was wondering if its useful or not (and no additional power supply and shield type was very attractive to me)

@infinity85, as you wrote. I already changed 100uF capacitors on HDMI board, but two of 4 HDMI are probably gone. Last 2 were loosing image after 1/2-3/4 hour of playing. I installed a 120 mm PC case fan and Aluminium coolers on chips yesterday, and I was able to watch whole movie Big Grin ... at least for now its working.
Thanks anyway.
Time for a new AVR I think.
(2017-02-23, 20:28)nickr Wrote: Time for a new AVR I think.
Oh but the TX-NR 905 is some neat masterpiece, I could understand if somebody would have heartache replacing it Big Grin
(2017-02-11, 22:07)pajretX Wrote: I just took my C2 on a quick ride with LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.95.3, and sad to say, I still have THE problem with sound being out of sync. Manual adjustment of approx +300ms is needed,
I have tried a few video files (x264, 1080p). As previously, C2 connected straight to a TV set via HDMI cable.
Anyone else out there with the same setup that can confirm this issue?

@wrxtasy: has anything sound-wise has been changed/reverted it this release?

BR,

Is the problem with the audio delay solved with LibreELEC 8.0?
It is the only thing holding me back getting a C2. Well, correct 24p playback as well.
I've never had an issue with the OE/LE S805/S905 ODROID C1/C2 and fractional (23.976 / 29.97 / 59.94fps) video output so long as:

a) Kodi dynamic refresh switching is working.
b) The display's 24p movie mode gets activated.
c) AMLogic's Frame Rate Automation is enabled in Firmware.

We would have seen the forums awash with thousands of AML users complaining if 24p was not working correctly.

I have reverted some Audio patches in LE Krypton versions I use because I had to set an approx +200ms adjustment otherwise - even when directly connected to my TV. It was the first time I had ever had to do that. A new common AML Linux Kernel is used for Hub / Play2 / C2 LE Kodi Krypton.
Kodi Krypton.
The reverted Audio fixed the issue for me.

There have been a LOT of A/V Sync timing changes introduced for LE Kodi Krypton. Kodi now has more direct control and bypass rendering is no longer used as it was in LE Jarvis.

Unable to test Audio Sync with an AVR as I do not have one.

Interestingly Kodi has a 175ms Video latency delay hardcoded into it as standard for 23.976 / 24fps video:
https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.t...ttings.xml

• 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610