• 84(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
I have had zero issues with the C2 and audio delay or 24p playback. It has been faultless.

The only issue that I did have was with a Turtle Beach USB audio stick for Optical output. But using a HDMI audio extractor it is perfect.

Great little box and amazing support (which counts as much, or more so, than the box itself) by wrxtasy and the LibreELEC team.

Be aware to get one quick due to the supply issue of memory chips, and they will get more expensive when they return to production.
(2017-02-27, 04:03)wrxtasy Wrote: I've never had an issue with the OE/LE S805/S905 ODROID C1/C2 and fractional (23.976 / 29.97 / 59.94fps) video output so long as:

a) Kodi dynamic refresh switching is working.
b) The display's 24p movie mode gets activated.
c) AMLogic's Frame Rate Automation is enabled in Firmware.

We would have seen the forums awash with thousands of AML users complaining if 24p was not working correctly.

I have reverted some Audio patches in LE Krypton versions I use because I had to set an approx +200ms adjustment otherwise - even when directly connected to my TV. It was the first time I had ever had to do that. A new common AML Linux Kernel is used for Hub / Play2 / C2 LE Kodi Krypton.
Kodi Krypton.
The reverted Audio fixed the issue for me.

Interestingly Kodi has a 175ms Video latency delay hardcoded into it as standard for 23.976 / 24fps video:
https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.t...ttings.xml

Thanx for your answer.
Could you explain what you mean by "have reverted some Audio patches".
Before there has been a +200ms audio being out of sync, which has been solved now?

And can I (or do I have to) manually change the 175ms latency to 0 in the advanced settings to have audio and video in sync?
can this run android version with google apps, and will apps like watchespn, directvnow, netflix, and hulu work? does framerate switch work in android or just in libreelec?
(2017-02-27, 12:45)dado1971 Wrote: can this run android version with google apps, and will apps like watchespn, directvnow, netflix, and hulu work? does framerate switch work in android or just in libreelec?

You can get the eMMC with Android preinstalled on there. But you're better off with LibreELEC, by far.
Netflix will be SD only - 720x480 1750kbps, not sure about the others.
C2 arived last week, flashed LE image, all worked flawlessly, tnx again wrxtasy.
I bought EDIMAX usb wifi that you recommended, and at first there was this strange signal issues, where my router signal (1 meter away) had the weakest signal of all wifi APs in the vicinity.
So naturally transfer speed was slow, than i switched router from 2.5 to 5GHZ, signal went to 100%, even if i switch back to 2.5GHz i have 5MB/s, so problem solved.

My old samsung tv remote is working with cec, so i didn't need any keyboard for initial setup.

I have ordered Harmony Companion+Hub, if some of you are using it with C2, are there any caveats? Is bluetooth dongle needed for optimal setup?

tnx
What's the best "image" to run now? Stable LE 8.0, or...?
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
In my opinion it is LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.3 (Jarvis)
pX
I m not quite sure if I am in the right thread but it seems to fit best in here as this is all about Odroid C2. I was reading about 30 pages of the thread from the beginning… lots of (interesting) information but that did not answer my questions as infos are contradictary (and confusing to me) over time. Search also gave no clear results.

I am having an "issue" with my Odroid C2 running the official build of libreelec 8:

It is propably about CEC (although I m not quiet sure.):
I would like to control the volume of a connected Denon AVR but just get the VolumeBar in the top right corner for "soft volume" control in Kodi. As soon as videos are playing there is no opportunity to control the volume (because of pass-through). On my my Pi3, running the same version of libreelec, tapping on volume control is changing the AVR’s volume directly, means on the AVR. No volumebox is shown.
(sidenote: the Odroid is just connected to the AVR (CEC compatible) and a projector, so no other CEC-device such as a TV.)

Code:
cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/edid
does recognize the AVR correctly

Could someone clear up if that is not implemented or a a general known issues?
How could this be solved or does it currently even makes sense to search for a solution?

Thanks a lot in advance for any hints and comments and sorry If I am not posting in the right thread. Keep up the good work Smile
Hey people,

With the playback of MPEG2 .ts files, should the C2 be able to decode this flawlessly? I'm getting jerky playback and poor picture quality yet it's fine viewing live TV with the HDHomerun viewer, just issues when playing back DVR recordings. What settings should be set in order to ensure smooth playback or is it capable at all via hardware or software?

Running LibreELEC 8.0.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
I would double check Kodi Settings > Player > Videos > Accelerate MPEG2 > Always

Personally not had an issue with Live or Recorded mpeg2 TV using TvHeadend. I record in a .mkv format.

All .ts files I tested played back as well.

Thread subject topic needs to be changed as Hardkernel raised the price of ODROID-C2 to $46 (US-dollar) up from $40

http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/...5457216438

http://www.hardkernel.com/main/main.php

They too forgot to change their own comparison tableto reflect this new price
(2017-03-07, 13:30)RockerC Wrote: Thread subject topic needs to be changed as Hardkernel raised the price of ODROID-C2 to $46 (US-dollar) up from $40

http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/...5457216438

http://www.hardkernel.com/main/main.php

They too forgot to change their own comparison tableto reflect this new price

For a true comparison it should be the cost of a complete working system Huh
Yes agreed - will change the thread title to reflect the price increase to $46

But as to the other question - what is a complete working system cost ?

Some just need the board as they have all the other bits. Power supply, micro USB cable, SD Card - spare RPi case etc...

You don't see those RPi Zero's being advertised as a complete system either because everyones needs are different.

(2017-03-07, 09:46)wrxtasy Wrote: I would double check Kodi Settings > Player > Videos > Accelerate MPEG2 > Always

Personally not had an issue with Live or Recorded mpeg2 TV using TvHeadend. I record in a .mkv format.

All .ts files I tested played back as well.

Thanks for this. Do you know if it also supports deinterlacing and if so, how to enable? It seems to be greyed out in the OSD?
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
  • 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610