ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
C1/C2 does standard AMLogic - Advanced Motion Adaptive Edge Enhancing Hardware deinterlacing.

the S905 / C2 Edge Enhancing is not as aggressive as the older S805 / C1. It's all fine in either case, I just adjust the sharpening TV settings if needed.
I cannot tell the difference between the C2 deinterlacing and that of my 2 year old 4K TV. I watch a lot of Fast Action Football on the C2 - Advanced Motion adaptive is great for that.

There is no Lancos3 - optimsed upscaling - not enough CPU ponies - just the standard Kodi Nearest Neighbour and Bi-Linear
You really are going to have to stick with Intel if you want both high deinterlacing and Lancos3-optimised in the one package.

I'm like Noggin - most is content is 720 > 1080p with my 4K TV giving further high quality 1080 > 2160p upscaling output. I've no complaints.

We use the same LibCEC as RPi now AML patches have been included into official Pulse8 code for LibreELEC. No extra Pulse8 Hardware needed.

All Android Kodi Krypton PVR clients have major issues with reliable deinterlacing. They are not recommended at all.

Which remind me, next version of Krypton I need to re-introduce 5.1 AC3 passthrough for TV.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 - by wrxtasy - 2017-03-20, 16:20
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610