ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2017-03-29, 22:58)infinity85 Wrote:
(2017-03-29, 14:47)gurabli Wrote:
(2017-03-29, 13:40)wrxtasy Wrote: The Skip back Freeze issue is a known problem it seems, at least for 64bit LE releases.

Since I'm new to Odroid (it should arrive on Friday), which version should I use? The LE final 32bit (I would prefer Krypton).
I think that @Raybuntus and @wrxtasys (http://forum.odroid.com/viewforum.php?f=144) 32 bit releases are the better choice than official LibreELEC.

Raybuntu 32 bit krypton: Is afaik the most recent krypton (virtually official) version, which has always the most recent official patches from LibreELEC team. So it is mostly more up-to-date than the final from libreelec.tv

wrxtasy 32 bit mediabuild: Is at least the same up-to-date version as the official one from libreelec.tv and contains afaik some cherry picked patches by wrxtasy, so perhaps not completely the same as official libreelec stuff. But wrxtasy does not include patches without purpose, so it likely won't have negative effects compared to official version Wink
Additionaly - as the "media build" title implicates - there are backported DVB drivers inside, in case you want to connect a DVB tuner to the Odroid.

I'd say, currently you won't notice a huge difference between official 64bit, and Raybuntus 32bit or wrxtasys 32bit version. The older the official build gets without a new release, the more I'd look onto the community builds from wrxtasy and raybuntu.

Also... personally I prefer 32bit version, because all the raspberry pi (armhf) addons should work out of the box. These would spotify connect, and DRM things that rely on libwidevine (sky go, amazon video, netflix), as widevine is not possible on 64bit aarch64 builds. On the other hand there is no benefit using the 64bit version that I am aware of.
The other annoying thing that I reverted for the 32bit Media Build version is a random Audio Glitch when stopping video and navigating around the GUI that those with AVR's will notice regularly if using the 64bit version.

That one Audio issue really drove me nuts when watching TV that had channels with PCM and AC3 audio streams in them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 - by wrxtasy - 2017-03-30, 03:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610