• 88(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
By "Politics" I mean there is now an added level of bureaucracy added to LibreELEC Official releases. Any Kodi code changes now have to be submitted and approved by the Kodi gatekeepers themselves. We can no longer just patch Kodi code independently in the LibreELEC project going forward.

Outside of Official releases we can do what we want. Wink

(2017-03-31, 07:26)wrxtasy Wrote: Outside of Official releases we can do what we want. Wink

Yeah but that means I have to rely on the efforts of one or two people, not a whole team! Tongue
(2017-03-31, 07:01)bogchop Wrote:
(2017-03-31, 06:51)wrxtasy Wrote: Not sure if Audio Clicks and Pops will get resolved in official 64bit AML LE releases to be honest. LE and now Kodi project coding politics has gotten involved and the original AML audio developer will have to sort it out.

Politics Sad

Bit of a shame - I feel like support may end sooner rather than later on the official fork. Maybe the RPi 4/5 will natively support HEVC, gigabit ethernet one day. Doubt it, but hopeful Smile
Raspberry pi has never changed it's video chip, nor it's ethernet over usb design. Not sure why you think that is ever going to change.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-03-31, 07:37)bogchop Wrote:
(2017-03-31, 07:26)wrxtasy Wrote: Outside of Official releases we can do what we want. Wink

Yeah but that means I have to rely on the efforts of one or two people, not a whole team! Tongue
And its why we (developers) publish all our modified GPL licensed - LibreELEC source code on Github so anyone can use it and compile whatever they want.

I don't see too many complaining about Koying's SPMC , community Kodi fork for Android either Wink

(2017-03-30, 08:58)wrxtasy Wrote: Had a bit of a play with this and decided to increase the Video Cache Buffer, you could try copying this to a advancedsettings.xml file.
Then copy the file to the Userdata Folder once you SMB connect to LibreELEC:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<advancedsettings>

<samba>
  <clienttimeout>20</clienttimeout>
</samba>

<network>
  <buffermode>1</buffermode>
  <memorysize>139460608</memorysize>
  <readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
</network>

</advancedsettings>
Hey man, thank you for this, i didn't had time to test any new builds, but did this and it helped a lot, there is still occasional freeze, but mostly skip back now works!
I thought part of the problem was usb 2.0, but <buffermode>1</buffermode> is forcing video cache for this too.
(2017-03-30, 10:30)wrxtasy Wrote: LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.1.Nougat.img.gz

Compatible with Official LE 64bit versions:

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.1.Nougat.tar

I just received my C2 with 8GB eMMC, case, and 2A mUSB PSU. Now just to get home from work and testing will startSmile

I think I will start with your Compatible with Official LE 64bit version posted here. What do you mean by compatible with official LE version? How does this differs from the version above? If I flash the eMMC for first time, then which version should I use?

I have a mSD to USB adapter that hopefully works and I can flash the eMMC.

Very excited to see the quality of the C2, based on the posts here, it is the device I was looking for. With your version there is no audio pops, and the skip back also works (I need to set the advanced.xml to change video buffer, correct?).
(2017-03-31, 11:06)gurabli Wrote: I think I will start with your Compatible with Official LE 64bit version posted here. What do you mean by compatible with official LE version? How does this differs from the version above? If I flash the eMMC for first time, then which version should I use?
I mean both Official C2 Krypton and this Nougat LE 8.0.1 releases are both 64bit - so they are interchangeable and you can do .tar updates on either and not run into Addon problems if you say switched from 64bit to 32bit to 64bit.

Quote:Very excited to see the quality of the C2, based on the posts here, it is the device I was looking for. With your version there is no audio pops, and the skip back also works (I need to set the advanced.xml to change video buffer, correct?).
Yes - I have not comprehensively tested the advancedsettings.xml Skip back fix yet but it definitely seemed to help. Smile

To help with .img.gz or .tar filenames:

aarch64 = 64bit
arm = 32bit

(2017-03-31, 09:08)nickr Wrote:
(2017-03-31, 07:01)bogchop Wrote:
(2017-03-31, 06:51)wrxtasy Wrote: Not sure if Audio Clicks and Pops will get resolved in official 64bit AML LE releases to be honest. LE and now Kodi project coding politics has gotten involved and the original AML audio developer will have to sort it out.

Politics Sad

Bit of a shame - I feel like support may end sooner rather than later on the official fork. Maybe the RPi 4/5 will natively support HEVC, gigabit ethernet one day. Doubt it, but hopeful Smile
Raspberry pi has never changed it's video chip, nor it's ethernet over usb design. Not sure why you think that is ever going to change.
Being the sucker for internet gossip that I am, I read that the rpi3 is at the limits of 40nm, and that the next version is probably going for a new "all new" soc. I wouldn't be totally surprised if this means new gpu/hevc10, a real gigabit ethernet etc.
Hi all,
first of all i beg your pardon if i'm writing in the wrong section.
I need some suggestion from who is more experienced than me in this field..

I've already a Himedia Q10 PRO and i'm quite happy with it.
I'd like to buy a low power device to use it as seed box with a 2 Tb external WD Hard Disk.
the 3 goals i'd like to obtain are:

1) limit the Watt consumption in respect to the actual Lenovo T410i
2) transfer quickly the files from the external HD to one of my Nas using ethernet connection.
3) use it also as media player just to check it against the Himedia Q10 Pro.

I read the thread on the Odroid C2 and i think it could be a good choice for goal number 1 and number 3:
- low consumption
- good behaviour with kodi

The only drawback i saw is that it has only USB 2.0... so the 3° goal is not reached...
in fact when i need to transfer files from the external hard disk to one of my old Ready Nas Netgear the speed is limited by the USB 2.0 max speed (as it is now with the USB 2.0 ports of the Lenovo T410i...).

So the question is :
is there on the market any other device that could catch all the 3 goals..with a budget of roughly 150-200€ ?
Or will be available in the near future an Odroid C3 ... with a USB 3.0 ports... :-)
thank you very much to all for the time you'll dedicate in reading and helping me taking the right decision.

JVC_X7000
Or should i go for the Od
Projector: JVC-X7000 MediaPlayer: PopCornHour A410, HIMEDIA Q10 PRO
How can i use codecinfo on libreelec odroid? Do i need to setup a key with keymapeditor?

Enviado de meu SM-G930F usando Tapatalk
(2017-03-31, 18:09)robertoafarias Wrote: How can i use codecinfo on libreelec odroid? Do i need to setup a key with keymapeditor?

Enviado de meu SM-G930F usando Tapatalk

Keyboard 'O' brings it up doesn't it, with CTRL+SHIFT+O bringing up the debug screen?
(2017-03-30, 08:58)wrxtasy Wrote: Had a bit of a play with this and decided to increase the Video Cache Buffer, you could try copying this to a advancedsettings.xml file.
Then copy the file to the Userdata Folder once you SMB connect to LibreELEC:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<advancedsettings>

<samba>
  <clienttimeout>20</clienttimeout>
</samba>

<network>
  <buffermode>1</buffermode>
  <memorysize>139460608</memorysize>
  <readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
</network>

</advancedsettings>

Tried the video cache buffer settings above (Raybuntu's Krypton6 build). Rebooted and skipped back a bunch of times...unfortunately, I still get the freezes. :-(
(2017-03-30, 10:30)wrxtasy Wrote: Compatible with Official LE 64bit versions:

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.1.Nougat.tar
I tried updating my C2 from LE's latest official build (LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.1) with yours and got this on boot:

Code:
ERROR: LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.1.Nougat.tar is not compatible with Odroid_C2.aarch64 hardware - update cancelled.

Current system: Odroid_C2.aarch64
Update  system: Odroid_C2.Mainline.aarch64

Create /storage/.update/.nocompat to disable compatibility checks and risk a non-booting system.

Is that normal? If so, is it OK to use the /.nocompat method?
ODROID C2 eMMC 16GB | LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0.2 + fTV | Logitech Harmony Elite remote | LG 55EG910V
Just a quick update, after testing the brand new C2: it is amazing! Using wrxtasy's LE 64bit build Nougat. I'm running from eMMC, everything is perfectly snappy (very close or same as Intel with SSD). Live tv deinterlacing is perfect. Aftet 5 minutes, no noticable quality difference compared to Intel MCDI, better then Rpi MMAL-Advanced. Now comes some heavy testing, I will write a longer update soon.

Thanks for the excellent work on these C2 LE builds guys, amazing work!

Sent from Tapatalk from my Z5 Compact
(2017-03-31, 09:08)nickr Wrote: Raspberry pi has never changed it's video chip, nor it's ethernet over usb design. Not sure why you think that is ever going to change.

I think you missed the "maybe" and "one day" in my post. And regardless, not sure why you think it won't ever change?
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610