• 89(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
After some more testing (2 days), still fully satisfied with C2 (running wrxtasy's 64bit Nougat build).

TV: Samsung PS51D550 plasma
AVR: Denon X1000
Server: Intel N3150, 8GB RAM, DVB-S2 and DVB-T2 tuners, Gigabit LAN.

PQ Live TV: excellent deinterlacing, no noticeable difference compared to Intel's MCDI (which is really excellent), the C2 is perfect. SD channel upscaling is really nice, maybe not as nice as Intel's Lanczos3 Optimized, but basically the same. Since SD is really ugly anyway, no major quality difference here. Much better both deinterlacing and upscaling as Rpi2/3. Channel zapping little bit slower, but tuner is on server, so TV runs over gigabit LAN. Local would be probabyl a second faster, no it is around 2-3 sec, depends DVB-S2 and HD.
720p/1080p h264 content is also perfect, refresh rate and audio sync looks perfectly fine. No quality difference compared to Intel, Rpi2/3 is pretty much the same.

Audio: need to test multi channel audio, like DD, DTS, and HD audio, especially PCM multi channel

CEC: works perfectly fine, full control over LE with Samsung remote.

Overall speed: excellent, using 8GB eMMC. Nearly fast as the Intel box with SSD. Some lag when in background HD live tv is playing, and browsing for example TV Shows, but this is really not an issue (probably not related to eMMC at all). GUI fully responsive and fast, no need for anything faster.

Stability: not a single issue for using it for 2 days, no restart since then. Excellent.

I really think this C2 is one of the best available players now. I didn't test h265 content yet, but it will probably work the same as h264. Didn't test 3D yet, since I don't really use it. I guess RPi2 will be better here, but I don't really care.
@wrxtasy With AML git commit linked below, do you think we'll see 3D MVC full framepacking support in LibreELEC / one of yours / Raybuntu's Odroid C2 builds soon or are we waiting for Leia for that?

https://github.com/khadas/linux/commit/e...73c221c543
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
Out of the loop for a while. Is this nougat build, Android based or is it the typical standalone libreelec type build? I guess what I'm getting at is why is it called nougat?

Sent from my Moto G (4)
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
AMLogic Android and Linux/LibreELEC share a common Linux Kernel - so some updated LE video driver and decoder Kernel code was cherry picked from a recently bug fix release AMLogic Android Nougat Linux Kernel.

@danjames92, Frame Packed 3D on AML S9xx depends on developers getting interested and actually having 3D display equiptment to test on. Quite a few of us don't even have 3D TV's.

Actually there have been a few 3D developer discussions thrown around this week. I guess ex. RPi 3D users would be interested in Frame Packed 3D on cheap AMLogic equiptment, so they don't need to go anywhere near Android to get 3D, 4K & HEVC in the one box.

Okay, looks like I'll be trying your build then, thanks. Does passthrough work?

Sent from my Moto G (4)
Yes - it even has Audio reverts to fix some random Audio clicking and ticking the official LE S905 versions have that drove me nuts.

As long as passthrough and mythpvr work, I'm happy.

Sent from my Moto G (4)
(2017-04-06, 16:54)wrxtasy Wrote: AMLogic Android and Linux/LibreELEC share a common Linux Kernel - so some updated LE video driver and decoder Kernel code was cherry picked from a recently bug fix release AMLogic Android Nougat Linux Kernel.

@danjames92, Frame Packed 3D on AML S9xx depends on developers getting interested and actually having 3D display equiptment to test on. Quite a few of us don't even have 3D TV's.

Actually there have been a few 3D developer discussions thrown around this week. I guess ex. RPi 3D users would be interested in Frame Packed 3D on cheap AMLogic equiptment, so they don't need to go anywhere near Android to get 3D, 4K & HEVC in the one box.

if you're looking for someone to help test, i'm your man. Pansonic GT50 with passive glasses here. ex pi 3 user. c2 has so much potential.

I don't get DD+ EAC3 passthrough with your media edition build on the odroid c2 though.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
I might be able to help with some 3D testing. I have an LG TV that uses polarized passive sunglasses that allegedly supports several different formats. Also have an Onkyo TX-NR828 AVR that can decode pretty much everything Dolby but Atmos specific stuff. The AVR doesn't do HDMI 2.0 though, not that it would matter to me since I don't have any 4K displays.

Sent from my Moto G (4)
(2017-04-06, 19:06)danjames92 Wrote: [...]
I don't get DD+ EAC3 passthrough with your media edition build on the odroid c2 though.
What does it show if you ssh:
Code:
cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/aud_cap
?

I don't remember it completely, but in case you connected your C2 directly to your TV and your TV does not support DD+, then it may not show DD+ even for passthrough. But really not sure about this.
(2017-04-06, 15:50)danjames92 Wrote: @wrxtasy With AML git commit linked below, do you think we'll see 3D MVC full framepacking support in LibreELEC / one of yours / Raybuntu's Odroid C2 builds soon or are we waiting for Leia for that?

https://github.com/khadas/linux/commit/e...73c221c543
Perhaps you should also post this commit @Forum.libreelec.tv? May be some of the other amlogic device related developers will be interested in looking into it? There's some activity in the amlogic community subforum, so who knows.
Be aware @Raybyntu, myself and the primary AML Kodi developer @peak3d do not have 3D TV's.

I would not get too excited about it all. I certainly won't be adding support. When I don't even own 3D equipment to troubleshoot with.

(2017-04-07, 02:47)wrxtasy Wrote: Be aware @Raybyntu, myself and the primary AML Kodi developer @peak3d do not have 3D TV's.

I would not get too excited about it all. I certainly won't be adding support. When I don't even own 3D equipment to troubleshoot with.

Well if you change your mind and ever need testers, I'm sure there's a few of us here (myself included).

I hear the Pi 3's have full rez frame packing mvc support in regular LibreELEC builds now? Might have to dust mine off in the meantime.
(2017-04-07, 11:17)danjames92 Wrote: Well if you change your mind and ever need testers, I'm sure there's a few of us here (myself included).

I hear the Pi 3's have full rez frame packing mvc support in regular LibreELEC builds now? Might have to dust mine off in the meantime.
Not just now, it is included since OpenELEC 6.x or so... so at least for a year, if not longer Wink.
(2017-03-31, 18:14)noggin Wrote:
(2017-03-31, 18:09)robertoafarias Wrote: How can i use codecinfo on libreelec odroid? Do i need to setup a key with keymapeditor?

Enviado de meu SM-G930F usando Tapatalk

Keyboard 'O' brings it up doesn't it, with CTRL+SHIFT+O bringing up the debug screen?
No keyboard here :/

Anyway/guide to keymap with the addon?

Enviado de meu SM-G930F usando Tapatalk
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610