• 92(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
@wrxtasy

is this Version Better than your Media Version?Should i Update from Media Version?

edit:And what is it for a Nougat Version?
(2017-04-06, 16:54)wrxtasy Wrote: AMLogic Android and Linux/LibreELEC share a common Linux Kernel - so some updated LE video driver and decoder Kernel code was cherry picked from a recently bug fix release AMLogic Android Nougat Linux Kernel.

Nougat Versions in this thread are 64bit, which are incompatible with the 32bit media Builds.

So unless having issues, stick with 32bit Media_build, otherwise this has to be done as well...

The script found over here is what you run first before doing a LE .tar update to flop between 32/64bit releases:

Krypton 32/64bit upgrade instructions.

EDIT: ODROID forum seems to be down...

Backing up any version of LibreELEC to a .tar file is a good idea first before doing anything.

Good afternoon! I have Odroid c2 and a Creative Soundblaster Omni Surround 5.1 usb-sound card with an optical SPDIF output. Unfortunately, the output of sound via this device (through the output spdif) does not work in libreelec (version 8.0.1 MR). The sound card was defined as ALSA: SB OMNI 5.1 SPDIF, however, there is no sound on the receiver (unlike wasapi in Kodi on windows 10). By hdmi the sound is. Prompt please that it is possible to make? Thank you!
From Post #2 of this thread, and this still applies...

(2016-02-03, 14:26)wrxtasy Wrote: Do not expect all your existing external USB dongles like DAC's, WiFi or RF to work on an old AML S905 v3.14 Linux Kernel, like you find in the C2. A lot of them do work straight out of the gate, and HardKernel do backport additional drivers from time to time.

We may get better external Peripheral support on Linux/LibreELEC devices once the AMLogic Linux mainline Kernel support is finished sometime this year.
RPi's and Intel machines are already running modern mainline Kernels. (v4.9 +).

(2017-04-17, 12:27)wrxtasy Wrote: From Post #2 of this thread, and this still applies...

(2016-02-03, 14:26)wrxtasy Wrote: Do not expect all your existing external USB dongles like DAC's, WiFi or RF to work on an old AML S905 v3.14 Linux Kernel, like you find in the C2. A lot of them do work straight out of the gate, and HardKernel do backport additional drivers from time to time.

We may get better external Peripheral support on Linux/LibreELEC devices once the AMLogic Linux mainline Kernel support is finished sometime this year.
RPi's and Intel machines are already running modern mainline Kernels. (v4.9 +).

Ok, I get it, thanks my friend. Conduct please, what usb-sound cards with optical output spdif support the output of sound to the receiver? How else can we act in this case? As an option, you can divide the sound and image output from hdmi to TV and receiver using hdmi splitter, but at the same time the hdmi cec functions that are very important to me are lost. Thank you!
If your setup allows it, you can pass the sound to your TV via hdmi and then from TV via optical to your avr.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka
pX
I have installed the latest build of Nougat (17 Apr). When I start playback of Live TV the video and sound start pretty quickly, but then a black screen appears for a couple of seconds then back to video and sound. I suspect this is a buffering issue between Kodi and the MythTV backend (.27). Which advancedsettings.xml entry to do i need to add or modify to increase the buffering for Live TV?
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2017-04-17, 14:44)pajretX Wrote: If your setup allows it, you can pass the sound to your TV via hdmi and then from TV via optical to your avr.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Unfortunately my TV sharp skips through spdif only a stereo signal. Perhaps it can change the settings in libreelec? Or maybe in your experience there are any usb sound cards that support this function? Thank you!
I don't use any additional card so I cannot help you here. My TV has however some settings to choose what to send down through spdif. It varies from stereo to dolby, etc. Have a look, maybe yours has it, too.
pX
Good afternoon! In kodi constantly after reboot the settings of the screensaver (I set to the black screen saver and after rebooting the setting is down to none). Also, the input settings for hdmi cec (for example, the physical port number I set to 4, and after rebooting it goes down to 0). Version libreelec 8.0.1 x64 Nougat from 03/30/2017. What can be the problem and how to solve it? thanks for the help!
@wrxtasy, I have checked LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.1.Audio.fixes.tar, but it did not work good for me. After I stopped the playback the screen was going black and stayed like that until I either changed back and forth the HDMI input on my TV (when my avr was set to pass-through on standby) or I had to change the HDMI input on my avr (when switched on). It looks like some CEC issue or something. I don't know Wink

Anyway, I'm on LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.1.Nougat.img.gz now and it looks good. In fact, it sounds good - as this was my main issue with the new releases.

Strange thing, though. Why can't I select 4k @60hz? It greys out at 24hz and I cannot change it. On 7.1.3 I can select 4k @60hz without any problems.
pX
@pajretX I wonder if this might be just another Krypton problem. I have tried it on Intel, the pi and odroid. I get problems on all of them. I thought it might be cec related, but disabling it doesn't have any effect.

Sent from my Moto G (4)
(2017-04-17, 09:26)wrxtasy Wrote: A few more bug fixes in this release:

- Kodi 17.2RC1
- Using S905 standard Kernel Audio code this time..
- AML ALSA Kodi Audio patch using an old Codesnake Davilla aka MrMC workaround
- @kszaq trial fix for Dolby Atmos passthrough & more.
- A few video playback improvements and GUI improvements
- the 'Fake it" Fractional display modes in Kodi Video Output settings shown.
So as to not confuse RPi upgraders wondering if AML supports 23.976, 29.97, 59.94fps video output (AML uses Frame Rate Automation BTW)

- known widespread playback bug - an annoying random stalling of video playback when skipping backwards thru video.

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.1.Audio.fixes.tar

W.

I was about to SELL my C2 until I tried this build, thanks

Are these from you released in a thread somewhere and not hidden in 92 pages Sad

Bazzle
Good afternoon! How to enable deinterlacing when watching video in kodi on libreelec (for some reason when this video is played in the settings, this item is gray and not activated)? Thank you!
Maybe the video isn't in an interlaced format? The only thing I know of that is typically interlaced are TV recordings.

Sent from my Moto G (4)
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610