• 107(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2018-01-13, 23:43)dragonuck Wrote: Query-  will the Odroid C2 support hdmi 2.0a, with audio pass through for kodi via Libreelec - HDR UHD 4K Dolby Vision, Atmos DTS-X etc -  have a NAS box with 4k videos and a good surround sound system
wrxtasy  is this possible

The S905 will support 4K output all the way up to 2160/50p and 60p, and will bitstream HD Audio. However it only handles SDR content, not HDR.

(Also - AIUI the S905 will play SDR HEVC Main10 content with no problems, the output is in 8-bit not 10-bit, so you can play SDR HEVC 10 bit media, but don't get the benefit of the additional bit depth in reducing banding etc. ?)
@wrxtasy : a year ago I tried your build it was the same - no autoswitch working for 23,976fps. Did hundreds of tests yesterday : same. With rb-krypton19 build it is ok.
back to rb build, autoswitch of 23.976 movie works.
I dont Know why but for me not work HD audio Atmos Truehd.Only Dolby Surround.Passtrough is on
Hi, added a few Kernel patches for Dolby Atmos improvements but have no AVR system to test.

Also Cherry picked @Sam.Nazarko's CIFS and NFS Kernel backports and tweaks and plugged them in as well:

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2.2-SMB-NFS-201801201357.tar

Hi, @wrxtasy, can you .tar update from @kszaq build 8.2.2.3 to your latest - or it not as simple as that?
See post #1575 onwards ...

@wrxtasy  O.k. I get that - I've flipped between 32 / 64 bit versions before.

But both yours and @kszaq 's builds are 64 bit .....just wanted to make sure it wouldn't break on upgrade because of differences in boot loader or something.

Appreciate all your efforts.
(2018-01-20, 08:43)wrxtasy Wrote: Hi, added a few Kernel patches for Dolby Atmos improvements but have no AVR system to test.

Also Cherry picked @Sam.Nazarko's CIFS and NFS Kernel backports and tweaks and plugged them in as well:

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2.2-SMB-NFS-201801201357.tar
 Hi, is this build based on the OC and Res switch version? The LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2.1-Oclock-Res-201712041531

Edit: Since your 8.2.1 versions the Adjust refresh rate on Start/Stop is working differently then it used to work with the 8.1.1 versions (like 8.1.1a). I have GUI set to 1080@50, when I start playing a 24 content, then resolutions is switching on playback start, everything is perfect, TV is at 24. But if I press skip ff or back, then the resolution is switching back and forth, no instant jump. This is very annoying, and this was not the case with your 8.1.1a build. Maybe you can check this, if there was a change in code regarding this? I don't think that skipping during playback should trigger a resolution change. It should switch back to my GUI resolution once I press Stop. Any ideas? Thanks.
I forgot to mention in some recent releases - in Kodi settings > Player > Videos >

there is now an additional "Also allow resolution switch" that needs to be Enabled to if you want Refresh AND Resolution switching. Maybe play around with that.

I'm not getting re-refresh switching when skipping backwards or forwards when playing 1080p 24p video. Everything is working fine.

I really don't know why is it happening. Maybe an addon or a skin? I will upload a debug log here when playing a video and do skipping, maybe it will be obvious from the log (before I start with a new fresh install).
I managed to narrow down the problem with re-refresh rate switching: if I disable hardware acceleration (amcodec) then it is working fine. I only get re-refresh rate switching with hardware acceleration turned ON. Any ideas why?
I'm attaching a debug log, perhaps it will give you some idea. First I played with hw acc enabled (and then I did a ff skip, and there was refresh rate switching), then I did the same with hw acc disabled, and ff skipping worked fine without re-refresh rate switching.

Logs
Transferred from Start HERE thread:

(2018-02-24, 20:55)WeldSpark Wrote: I have been running Odroid C2 for a while now, it's working great, but I want to buy a new device, I can sometimes see lag in the menu's.

If I understand correctly the next performance step (From Odroid C2) is Nvidia Shield, but are there any new devices coming that will potentially be supported? The S905 is a few years now.
To get a fast LE C2 box do the following:

1) Use eMMC flash storage for ultimate speed or get a faster Class 10 U1 microSDHC card. One with fast Random 4K R/W performance from THIS list (click)

3) Run a slightly tweaked 64bit LE C2 Krypton image, by doing a .tar update from THIS post

4) Once that is installed Overclock the CPU to 1.752GHz and the GPU by following instructions in the previous link. This also depends on how good your power supply is.

5) Every media players responsiveness is definitely improved by running a responsive Wireless remote like the highly compatible Plug N Play MINIX A2 lite with it's mini keyboard.

Personally I use a CSR v4.0 Bluetooth dongle with LE on the C2 and a bluetooth $15 Xiaomi Mi Box remote running from eMMC storage. The C2 is really snappy then Smile

Just be aware the NVIDIA Shield's bluetooth mini remote is highly subject to RF interference (possibly from Shield's USB ports). Even a casual read of the Shield NVIDIA support forum will see a whole lot of users continually complaining about it.

(2018-02-25, 05:16)wrxtasy Wrote: Transferred from Start HERE thread:
(2018-02-24, 20:55)WeldSpark Wrote: I have been running Odroid C2 for a while now, it's working great, but I want to buy a new device, I can sometimes see lag in the menu's.

If I understand correctly the next performance step (From Odroid C2) is Nvidia Shield, but are there any new devices coming that will potentially be supported? The S905 is a few years now.
To get a fast LE C2 box do the following:

1) Use eMMC flash storage for ultimate speed or get a faster Class 10 U1 microSDHC card. One with fast Random 4K R/W performance from THIS list (click)

3) Run a slightly tweaked 64bit LE C2 Krypton image, by doing a .tar update from THIS post

4) Once that is installed Overclock the CPU to 1.752GHz and the GPU by following instructions in the previous link. This also depends on how good your power supply is.

5) Every media players responsiveness is definitely improved by running a responsive Wireless remote like the highly compatible Plug N Play MINIX A2 lite with it's mini keyboard.

Personally I use a CSR v4.0 Bluetooth dongle with LE on the C2 and a bluetooth $15 Xiaomi Mi Box remote running from eMMC storage. The C2 is really snappy then Smile

Just be aware the NVIDIA Shield's bluetooth mini remote is highly subject to RF interference (possibly from Shield's USB ports). Even a casual read of the Shield NVIDIA support forum will see a whole lot of users continually complaining about it.   
 I'm amazed by your knowledge, thanks! Today I have a logitech k400+ keyboard, regular SD card with a original Odroid C2 power supply. But I will get eMMC and overclock it.

Is it possible to follow the regular release cycles when using the patch binary for overclocking? Or will everything be erased if I use automatic updates?
Edit: No it didn't work, random crashes

I tried to overclock without the "Hardkernel bootloader voltage test patch
Code:
mount /flash -o remount,rw

Code:
vi /flash/boot.ini

Added:
Code:
setenv max_freq "1752"

Don't know if it's the correct way but it seems to be working:
Code:
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq