• 108(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
You have to do a the .tar update I given if you want to reliably use 1.752GHz because it need more power for that overclock.

Otherwise limit it to the previous Overclock frequency 1.68GHz . This is all dependent on a good power supply.
Test with no 2.5" Hard Drives connected either, ones that need to draw power.

(2018-02-09, 12:59)gurabli Wrote: I managed to narrow down the problem with re-refresh rate switching: if I disable hardware acceleration (amcodec) then it is working fine. I only get re-refresh rate switching with hardware acceleration turned ON. Any ideas why?
I'm attaching a debug log, perhaps it will give you some idea. First I played with hw acc enabled (and then I did a ff skip, and there was refresh rate switching), then I did the same with hw acc disabled, and ff skipping worked fine without re-refresh rate switching.

Logs

@wrxtasy Any ideas why I am having this problem? Does the log show anything?
(2018-02-25, 05:16)wrxtasy Wrote: Just be aware the NVIDIA Shield's bluetooth mini remote is highly subject to RF interference (possibly from Shield's USB ports). Even a casual read of the Shield NVIDIA support forum will see a whole lot of users continually complaining about it. 
 Ive had similar issues with wireless remotes etc using usb dongles.
Just use an usb extension cable to move away from unit. 
Sometimes it only needs to be 100mm or so.
Any recommended usb bluetooth adapter for the odroid C2 that works with the Mi bluetooth remote?
Years ago now I bought a $4 white mini v4.0 CSR USB Bluetooth adapter. It shows up as this when doing a "lsusb"

Code:
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

Makes for a really good responsive combo when used with LibreELEC on the C2.
You then use the Keymap editor addon to custom map the minimal remote when used in different parts of Kodi.

Only minor downside is there is no auto waking the Mi Box remote from it's battery saving sleep when rebooting. You have to press a button and wait initially after reboot about 10 seconds. Only needs to be done once directly after reboot, no issues thereafter.

All bluetooth devices seem to say the same thing:

Code:
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

Mine works on a C2 connected to a Harmony Hub.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
i'm having trouble watching hd tv channels using the next pvr add-on on the odroid. if i try to watch a hd channel it seems to either have a still picture and sound working as it should, or it keeps buffering playing for a second or two and buffering again. I i try to watch a recorded program from a hd channel it plays fine.  if i try to watch the hd channels through x-newa an alternate add-on for the npvr computer the hd channels play fine so i'm sure its not a band with problem as both odroid and pvr computer are wired to a gigibit router. it seems specific to trying to watch a hd channel through the pvr section f kodi on the odroid.
Debug log (wiki) (and probably a new thread)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
i was using a build from this thread so thought it was relevant. i figured out a work around to get the hd tv channels working perfect i had to turn on the fallback frame rate in the pvr settings after that it works great.
Excellent, thanks for documenting.
Been raiding the open source OSMC - Vero 4K piggy bank Wink
and decided some audio improvements and extra user options needed to be added to C2 Krypton:

In Kodi settings there is now options for:

Kodi Settings > System Settings > Audio > Include LFE in Stereo Downmix

Kodi Settings > System Settings > Display > Disable noise reduction picture processing if hardware deinterlacing

Kodi Settings > System Settings > Display > Force RGB output

The first - Include LFE in Stereo Downmix setting for me gives my old 2.1 Audio system, noticeable extra punch and rumble from the subwoofer when watching/listening to 5.1 or 7.1 content. I use a 100% setting.
Disabling Noise reduction picture processing has cleaned up a wee bit - deinterlaced OTA TV picture output.

Also included is extra Audio passthrough support (Atmos may even work properly) and extra Multichannel LPCM audio support.
Same as @Sam.Nazarko talks about in this POST

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2.2-NR-LFE-SUSPEND.tar

PS. C2 Suspend and instant Resume now works. (in Power Menu)

W.

(2018-03-12, 23:41)gromgsxr Wrote: i was using a build from this thread so thought it was relevant. i figured out a work around to get the hd tv channels working perfect i had to turn on the fallback frame rate in the pvr settings after that it works great.
Just checked - and yes sure enough that is exactly what I have set in Kodi TV PVR settings. Mine is 50Hz for Oz TV.
Time to check more recent LE builds as well where there has been OTA TV issues with the new (Leia) AML Linux Kernel.
Thx. Smile

(2018-03-14, 02:27)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2018-03-12, 23:41)gromgsxr Wrote: i was using a build from this thread so thought it was relevant. i figured out a work around to get the hd tv channels working perfect i had to turn on the fallback frame rate in the pvr settings after that it works great.
Just checked - and yes sure enough that is exactly what I have set in Kodi TV PVR settings. Mine is 50Hz for Oz TV.
Time to check more recent LE builds as well where there has been OTA TV issues with the new (Leia) AML Linux Kernel.
Thx. Smile 
in my testing i did flash the official 8.2.3 libreelec image on a sd card, and that would not play hd tv either,  but that was before i discovered the fall back frame rate setting
What is the best build now with stability and HD-Audio working?
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
This should give you what you want:

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2.2-NR-LFE-SUSPEND.img.gz

Smile

• 108(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610