ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
I tried resetting the audio defaults which did not fix it before I rolled back. I just updated again to your latest version and did not experiencing audio issues at 1st. I tested TV Shows w/ 2 chan AAC, 6 chan AC-3 and Movies w/ DTS which all worked fine. I changed the gui resolution from 1080p to 4k and then noticed the audio stopped working only on 2 chan AAC. I tried rebooting but had no effect.

I normally keep the "Play GUI sounds" options under Settings/System/Auido to Never, but I wanted to test if I could hear audio in the menu. Once I enabled it to "Only when playback stopped" I could hear the menu changing sound in the gui and tried playing the 2 chan AAC which now worked again!  I then tried to play a 6 chan AC-3 TV Show and it worked fine, but when I stopped playback I lost the gui menu sounds. I next tried to play a 2 chan AAC TV show which worked and when I stopped playback, gui menu sounds were working again.

I switched back to 1080p gui and encountered the same weird audio issues so I don't think it has to do with changing the gui resolution, but disabling the gui menu sounds has an effect. I am only using the gui sounds to help me test this further. Pass-though enabled or disabled has no effect and issue occurs either way. When I lose audio on 2 chan AAC, the only thing that seems to get it working again is to toggle gui sounds on/off.

It seems like the audio gets stuck on a certain audio mode (ie.. 6 chan AC-3) then never switches back to 2.0 for the gui menu or video playback. This doesn't occur every time so it can be confusing as I cant seem to pin point exactly what is causing the audio to stop working. No matter what when I lose audio, the only fix I found is to toggle the gui sounds on/off. Leaving them permanently on or off doesn't prevent it from concurring either. A very random audio issue but I know I never experienced it in any builds prior to the latest. LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2.1 was the latest I used before this and never had this issue occur once. Let me know if there is anything you would like me to try to pinpoint the issue or test new builds. Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 - by Chilll - 2018-06-21, 06:53
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610