• 112(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2018-06-18, 06:23)Chilll Wrote: I updated to LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2.3.-GUI-options.tar and encountered audio not working with certain audio codecs. I am using a sound bar connected optical cable to the TV with pass-through enabled. 2 chan AAC will not pass-though, no issues with 6 chan AC-3. For testing I tried disabling pass-though then 6 chan AC-3 & 2 chan AAC both did not work. Never had an issues with previous versions and have been using the same setup for 2 years now. Rolling back to LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2.1 and have no issues. Thanks for all your hard working adding new features and options keeping great life in the odroid!
All I set in Audio settings is:

- Channels 5.1 or 7.1
- Best Match
- And I can leave all passthrough audio options on.
5.1 / 7.1 AAC audio get's decoded to 5.1/7.1 PCM as confirmed by my Yamaha AVR.

Suggestion - Reset Audio settings down the bottom of the Kodi Audio settings screen and start again.

Who knows what you TV is doing to audio. There have been a whole bunch of changes to underlying audio in my recent LE releases.

Hi wrxtasy,
Firsly many thanks for the great build you provide.
I've been trying out your lasted build from several posts back and everything is working great (great system response), except for one major issue... I cannot play any live tv. I am using a MediaPortal TV-sever back-end and am tuning into Australian TV. Kodi sees the Tv-server just fine, and the tv guide loads no problem, but when I attempt to play any live channel, the system completely freezes up (to the point where even the on screen debugging info freezes). 
I tried rolling back to the official Libreelec build and this doesn't happen.
Any ideas? I can supply the crash log and Kodi log (up until just prior to the freeze) if required, but I'm having real trouble with the Paste bin links atm  (website keeps giving and error message when attempting to paste). Basically, the crashlog seems to have endless repeat entries reference a python error, and the kodi logs have no real error message at all because the system freezes and stops writing to the logs.
Cheers,
Rich
I tried resetting the audio defaults which did not fix it before I rolled back. I just updated again to your latest version and did not experiencing audio issues at 1st. I tested TV Shows w/ 2 chan AAC, 6 chan AC-3 and Movies w/ DTS which all worked fine. I changed the gui resolution from 1080p to 4k and then noticed the audio stopped working only on 2 chan AAC. I tried rebooting but had no effect.

I normally keep the "Play GUI sounds" options under Settings/System/Auido to Never, but I wanted to test if I could hear audio in the menu. Once I enabled it to "Only when playback stopped" I could hear the menu changing sound in the gui and tried playing the 2 chan AAC which now worked again!  I then tried to play a 6 chan AC-3 TV Show and it worked fine, but when I stopped playback I lost the gui menu sounds. I next tried to play a 2 chan AAC TV show which worked and when I stopped playback, gui menu sounds were working again.

I switched back to 1080p gui and encountered the same weird audio issues so I don't think it has to do with changing the gui resolution, but disabling the gui menu sounds has an effect. I am only using the gui sounds to help me test this further. Pass-though enabled or disabled has no effect and issue occurs either way. When I lose audio on 2 chan AAC, the only thing that seems to get it working again is to toggle gui sounds on/off.

It seems like the audio gets stuck on a certain audio mode (ie.. 6 chan AC-3) then never switches back to 2.0 for the gui menu or video playback. This doesn't occur every time so it can be confusing as I cant seem to pin point exactly what is causing the audio to stop working. No matter what when I lose audio, the only fix I found is to toggle the gui sounds on/off. Leaving them permanently on or off doesn't prevent it from concurring either. A very random audio issue but I know I never experienced it in any builds prior to the latest. LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2.1 was the latest I used before this and never had this issue occur once. Let me know if there is anything you would like me to try to pinpoint the issue or test new builds. Thanks!
More testing, I turned off gui sounds and I tried a video with #1 AAC which worked, tried playing a different video with #2 AAC and I get no audio. AC-3 & DTS always seem to work fine, so maybe its a problem with AAC playback? Seems Ive narrowed it down to only AAC and I tried toggling gui sounds on/off but no matter what I cant get #2 audio to work on this build. Rolling back to LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2.1 and no issues with #2 audio. Something is causing #1 AAC audio to only work sometimes and #2 AAC to never work in the latest build. Hope this helps make it a little more clear on whats actually happening now that Ive tested it all night.

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AAC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                           : HE-AAC / LC
Codec ID                                 : A_AAC
Duration                                 : 42 min 28 s
Bit rate                                 : 127 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L R
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz / 24.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 23.438 FPS (1024 spf)
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 38.5 MiB (4%)
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AAC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                           : LC
Codec ID                                 : 40
Duration                                 : 42 min 29 s
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 127 kb/s
Maximum bit rate                         : 151 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L R
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 46.875 FPS (1024 spf)
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 38.7 MiB (13%)
i recently switched from official build to LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2.3.-GUI-options
everything looked fine but yesterday i tried to watch a movie (mkv, h264) and when i clicked play system froze
after restart (power off / power on) it happened again
i tried do turn off overclock (in kodi gui) but it didn't change anything

i went back to official build (8.2.5) and everything is working (movies etc.) but i see a small stutter on any file (cpu looks fine)

i don't want to factory reset whole system - is there anything i can do (change some settings)?
where (which logs) can i look for problems?

// edit
turned out it was a filesystem problem
i had to format whole emmc and install librelec from scratch - now everything is working fine
How do I fix my biggest issue with sound disappearing for up to 20 seconds when I either pause and resume or skip forward/backwards in a TV show? It only happens for web rips and never for HDTV Rips.
It's connected to a Denon receiver via optical.
Hi @wrxtasy with the development of CoreElec, did you abandon this C2 project, did it become obsolete? Do you suggest to migrate to CoreElec instead? Ok, CE is Kodi 18 which is still Alpha 2, but should be stable enough, if I'm correct.
(2018-07-01, 07:00)L8EK Wrote: i went back to official build (8.2.5) and everything is working (movies etc.) but i see a small stutter on any file (cpu looks fine)

I thought I was the only one with this problem. Strange the official version seems unoptimized like this, but wrxtasy's is running smooth.
Anyone else getting regular crashing using LibreELEC 8.2.5 with Aura skin?

Driving me batty.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
Can the Odroid C2 convert Dolby Digital + audio to regular Dolby Digital or PCM? 

I'm thinking of getting this for my parents, BUT..their soundbar can't accept DD+ audio.
Yes, it can convert any incompatible format you choose to PCM.
Does LibreElec on the Odroid C2 have any issue reading from multiple hard drives from a 4-bay enclosure?
I would not see a problem so long as that enclosure is self powered if it's USB connected.
LE a minimal Linux OS does not have issues with multiple HDD's vs the restrictions and problem you would see with Android.

Last official info from LibreELEC about Alpha3 is from August 3rd: https://libreelec.tv/2018/08/libreelec-l...003-alpha/
Any gossip, where official 8.9/9.0 for C2 could be available?
Can the uSD slot and the eMMC both be used at the same time on the C2?  Like booting from the eMMC into LibreELEC/CoreELEC and using a large high capacity the uSD for media storage.
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610