• 115(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2018-11-28, 15:49)sorbeppe Wrote: Please anyone can confirm that a file lihe the following is correctly reproduced by odroid- c2?
Code:
Color range                              : Limited
Color primaries                          : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics                 : PQ
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries        : Display P3
Mastering display luminance              : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
Maximum Content Light Level              : 1000 cd/m2
Maximum Frame-Average Light Level        : 986 cd/m2

No - that bit of Media Info - specifically
Code:
Transfer characteristics                 : PQ
tells you it's a video containing HDR content, which the C2 can't play in HDR or convert to SDR.
So in this case the file is completely unwatchable , colours are completely reproduced wrong?
(2018-11-29, 17:54)sorbeppe Wrote: So in this case the file is completely unwatchable , colours are completely reproduced wrong?
 Yes - that's an HDR10 format video (PQ = Perceptive Quantisation which is one of the HDR flavours, and one that isn't SDR backwards compatible without conversion).  The C2 can't output HDR nor can it convert HDR to SDR.
Hello

Looking for the best build for c2? I am on latest coreelec now.

If I want to overclock, is wrxtasy build best then? Where do I find his latest?

17,6 or 18 dosent matter. Only use kodi for plex and playchannels.
What do you think about MECOOL M8S PRO W with amlogi s905w at 35 euro ? It can output 4k HDR 10 correctly right?
(2018-12-05, 14:51)sorbeppe Wrote: What do you think about MECOOL M8S PRO W with amlogi s905w at 35 euro ? It can output 4k HDR 10 correctly right?
 The S905W is a cut-down S905X (it won't do 4K at >30Hz)  It's not clear whether there is a good kernel that can support full 10-bit paths (required for HDR content without banding).  There are still some variations in 10-bit vs 8-bit dithered support in S905X kernels I believe, and I don't think the S905W is as popular by any means, so the level of understanding and research for this SoC is reduced in comparison?

At the moment I think S905X and S905D SoCs are the favoured long-term AMLogic platforms (the S912 performs well currently too - but may have long-term support issues with the current hacked Android GPU drivers)

The S905X2 - which is a totally new chip (not a tweak of the S905X) AIUI - is getting some interest but I don't know how well supported it is.
(2018-12-04, 16:49)Sest1000 Wrote: Hello

Looking for the best build for c2? I am on latest coreelec now.

If I want to overclock, is wrxtasy build best then? Where do I find his latest?

17,6 or 18 dosent matter. Only use kodi for plex and playchannels.

LibreELEC-S905-ARM.8.2.4.2-C2.img.gz

The GPU Overclock will be an option in Kodi Settings > System > AMLogic

Also on the SD card/eMMC the boot.ini file can be modified.
Because the C2 has a decent heatsink you can run a stable 1.752GHz CPU clock.

(2018-12-05, 14:51)sorbeppe Wrote: What do you think about MECOOL M8S PRO W with amlogic s905w at 35 euro ? It can output 4k HDR 10 correctly right?

That will work, but only for 24p 4K HDR Bluray Rips. No 50/60fps 4K HDR test clips.
As @noggin said the S905W is limited to 4K@30Hz

LibreELEC 8.2.5.x and CoreELEC Kodi Leia have S905W 4K HDR capable images. The S905W runs the coolest of all the AML chipsets.

Also for high bitrate 4K HDR Bluray Rips you need Gigabit Ethernet or a direct connected HDD or a USB3 > Gigabit ethernet adapter.
The S905W/S905X devices have 100Mbit Ethernet only.

(2018-12-05, 17:09)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2018-12-05, 14:51)sorbeppe Wrote: What do you think about MECOOL M8S PRO W with amlogic s905w at 35 euro ? It can output 4k HDR 10 correctly right?

That will work, but only for 24p 4K HDR Bluray Rips. No 50/60fps 4K HDR test clips.
As @noggin said the S905W is limited to 4K@30Hz

LibreELEC 8.2.5.x and CoreELEC Kodi Leia have S905W 4K HDR capable images. The S905W runs the coolest of all the AML chipsets.

Are these confirmed to pass 10-bit video cleanly - or could they be 8-bit with dither as some kernels apparently are?
Is anyone here using hdmi-splitter with C2 that splits 4k signal to 4k tv and hd-audio to avr?

I was about to order this but it's not available anymore: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VOXLINK-...41035240f0 Any advice on other splitter that would work?
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
Anyone using this anymore? LE or CE, which one is better?
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
An CPU & GPU Overclocked C2 running CoreELEC from eMMC flash and using a USB mini dongle wireless remote and Gigabit Ethernet is the fastest 4K SDR Kodi Leia device in the AMLogic arsenal.
Even using a Samsung EVO microSDHC is not that slow either.

Kodi Leia has further code optimisations that make day to day usage a little bit snappier vs Kodi Krypton.

@wrxtasy Now that Leia is final, will you be doing a LE build of that, like you did with the "GUI options" build on Krypton?
(2018-11-28, 18:05)wrxtasy Wrote: It will not map HDR to SDR either so that type of video will output washed out color on a SDR display.
Does it means, that it could be used with HDR display?  I understand, that conversion HDR->SDR is not possible, but when HDR content and Display is available?
(2019-02-02, 16:30)flappy81 Wrote: @wrxtasy Now that Leia is final, will you be doing a LE build of that, like you did with the "GUI options" build on Krypton?

It's been a little while. I've added the GPU overclocking options to latest CoreELEC Kodi Leia. No need for a custom version now.

If you want to update from LibreELEC to CoreELEC these are the Manual steps you can try:

Download the latest CoreELEC Kodi Leia nightly .tar HERE (click)

1) Untar the package and remove the SD card or eMMC from the C2 and plug into a PC/Mac

2) Manually copy to the SD/eMMC card the following files:
SYSTEM
KERNEL
boot-logo.bmp.gz
config.ini
Odroid_C2_boot.ini
& Odroid_C2_dtb.img from the un-tarred folder

3) Rename KERNEL to kernel.img. Rename Odroid_C2_boot.ini to boot.ini. Rename Odroid_C2_dtb.img to dtb.img

4) Relabel the SD/eMMC card from LibreELEC to CoreELEC

That should auto upgrade Kodi Krypton to Kodi Leia when you first boot.

The config.ini file is now the one that has the CPU Overclocking options in it. I use 1.752GHz all the time.

If that does not work, start with a fresh CoreELEC install.

W. Smile

(2019-02-11, 13:59)JimmySmith2 Wrote:
(2018-11-28, 18:05)wrxtasy Wrote: It will not map HDR to SDR either so that type of video will output washed out color on a SDR display.
Does it means, that it could be used with HDR display?  I understand, that conversion HDR->SDR is not possible, but when HDR content and Display is available?
No that still will not work even if you have a HDR display.

The S905 chipset has no HDR support at all. 4K HDR content will output washed out colors with this chipset.

• 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610