• 8(current)
Release ShareSocial - Social media sharing & More
Hi ruuk, thank your for this add-on. Finally twitter on xbmc (i am using only twitter). It works very well , but I have yet two questions:

1. Is it possible to see more than 20 tweets? I see only the last 20. Probably it is only a matter of setting, which I do not find.

2. If a tweet has more than 1 image, how can i see the other ones?

Thank you for this good work!
(2015-01-29, 13:19)Stringer Bell Wrote: Hi ruuk, thank your for this add-on. Finally twitter on xbmc (i am using only twitter). It works very well , but I have yet two questions:

1. Is it possible to see more than 20 tweets? I see only the last 20. Probably it is only a matter of setting, which I do not find.

2. If a tweet has more than 1 image, how can i see the other ones?

Thank you for this good work!

The default that is returned is 20, and I haven't put anything in to modify that.

Looking at the addon just now reveals that it is broken in a lot of ways, partly due to Kodi changes, and partly due to neglect. The whole thing needs a serious overhaul, and I'm not sure when I'll have time to do it.
What I might do is separate out the twitter feed stuff and make that into a separate addon. Not sure when I'll have time for that either, but it's more likely to happen Smile

I can leave the actual "ShareSocial" stuff to be fixed when I have the time and inclination.
Thanks for the answer.
An extra addon for twitter would be perfectSmile
In the meantime, I can arrange me with this addon.
Is this addon currently working to provide a facebook news feed or is it broken?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2015-05-09, 11:29)jmh2002 Wrote: Is this addon currently working to provide a facebook news feed or is it broken?

This addon is currently broken. It may work for showing twitter and flickr feeds, but Facebook has recently deprecated parts of their API that made it necessary to change some stuff with the Facebook-Media addon which ShareSocial uses to get the facebook feeds. Various other parts of the addon are also broken. It is unlikely I will be fixing anything anytime soon as I just don't have the time.

Providing a Facebook feed is unlikely to happen again because Facebook now requires review of apps that ask for those permissions, and it is unlikely that they will approve this usage.

I would like to in the future remove the feed stuff altogether (maybe split out the twitter stuff as a separate addon) and focus on the sharing portion of this addon, as changes in Kodi are making it so that I can implement more of my original goals. Part of the reason I originally stopped development on this addon is because I couldn't do what I intended without hacks that wouldn't allow it to be in the official repository.
Unfortunately, I don't see me having any time to work on this any time soon.
Ok thanks for the update.

In any case, I can THANK YOU for the use of your Flickr addon, its much appreciated Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2020-05-17, 08:18)amit26 Wrote: Is their anybody who use Tiktok for business promotion? I want to share something very important.

Placing your initial post in a 5-yr old thread is already a bit weird.
But personally, I cannot think of anything that is worth sharing on a Kodi forum regarding business promotion.

So why don't you enlighten and share with us the "very important" right now, knowing the reputation of 'Tik-tok'?
(2014-01-08, 03:46)sea3pea0 Wrote:
(2014-01-07, 01:04)ruuk Wrote: Try the new version of Facebook-Media on my repo (0.9.3).

I tried and couldn't share either. I fixed some problems created when I recently added the ability so save passwords via the keyring, and was then able to share to Facebook.   g

I still wasn't able to get it to work with the new version. Here are my logs again: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=107496
"I addressed recent keyring-related issues, enabling Facebook sharing. However, encountering difficulties with the new version. Here are my logs again for review."
(2023-11-27, 15:09)Jordan68 Wrote: Here are my logs again for review."
Log link is 403
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ShareSocial - Social media sharing & More1