• 24(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
i had the issue with the thumbnail jpgs being created in my source folders, which I have since deleted. Now the thumbnails do not show up in kodi, what is the best way to quickly point the database to the web versions again?

Is there a way to do it with artwork beef or texturecache script? Or do i have do edit the database and textures files?
I'm running v18 nightlies.  About a week ago I moved some of my content to new folders and added these folders to kodi as part of an experiment. 

It went wrong so I moved back e..g Alias grace was temporarily in smb://192.168.30.2/tv_adults_gd/Alias Grace and now it's back in smb://192.168.30.2/tv_adults/Alias Grace.

I removed smb://192.168.30.2/tv_adults_gd/ from my kodi sources and Kodi is happy and has updated, but AB is still trying to use the old locations.

Is there a way to fix as I think it's causing the automatic scans to either get stuck and not finish, or throw up errors.  I have no idea why AB is still looking in tv_adults_gd as the folder doesn't exist anymore and is not in Kodi's sources.

Thanks in advance
Quote:= Versions: ArtworkBeef/0.18.0 Kodi/18.0-ALPHA1 (Windows NT 10.0.16299; Win64; x64) App_Bitness/64 Version/18.0-ALPHA1-Git:20180306-480fab5c83

== 2018-03-12 08:52:49 AM: Processing list automatically
12 items in list - episode: 4, tvshow: 8
== 2018-03-12 08:53:21 AM: Processing tvshow 'Alias Grace'
Missing artwork: fanart, poster, clearlogo, characterart, landscape, banner, clearart
No artwork updated
Encountered an error - Could not save image to file: smb://192.168.30.2/tv_adults_gd/Alias Grace/fanart1.jpg

== 2018-03-12 09:28:38 AM: Processing list automatically
12 items in list - episode: 4, tvshow: 8
== 2018-03-12 09:29:05 AM: Processing tvshow 'Alias Grace'
Missing artwork: fanart, poster, clearlogo, characterart, landscape, banner, clearart
No artwork updated
Encountered an error - Could not save image to file: smb://192.168.30.2/tv_adults_gd/Alias Grace/fanart1.jpg
Also, on Windows I can rarely get 'stop current process' to work by left clicking or highlighting and then clicking Enter on the keyboard
@CaptainKen not a concern.

@aussie_huddo If it is only a few items then you can open the context item on the affected items and run "Manage" "Add missing artwork". If it happened to many items you will need to run Artwork Beef from Programs and then "add missing artwork for all videos".

@Streggi Artwork Beef gets that info from Kodi, so Kodi still has the wrong folder for that TV show. I do not know how to fix that. Artwork Beef should continue to process other items, though.

I'm not sure why "Stop current process" doesn't work sometimes. I'll take another look at that.
One thing I noticed yesterday is Artwork beef still processes items in my library that I have as "do not update" under the scanner options.

Not a big issue really but I have a huge library sources that I do not generally include in scanning each time.
@rmrector The ones missing now are episode thumbnails. Kodi is still trying to fetch from the local files but there is no record of the paths in textures13.db. Does artwork beef re-fetch these at all?
(2018-03-13, 06:37)rmrector Wrote: @Streggi Artwork Beef gets that info from Kodi, so Kodi still has the wrong folder for that TV show. I do not know how to fix that. Artwork Beef should continue to process other items, though.

I'm not sure why "Stop current process" doesn't work sometimes. I'll take another look at that.
 Thanks - I went into the kodi database and deleted the offending entries.  Problem solved after re-adding the content and the problems with stopping seem to have gone away - I think it was hanging because of the database issues
On the latest version I am not getting "Landscape" artwork downloaded to the artist info folder. Everything else is working fine.

If I try and add it manually form Kodi, it works fine if I manually select it with the context menu >> Choose art

@docwra I don't see a way for add-ons to get source configuration from Kodi, just their path and label, so this isn't possible without digging through Kodi's databases directly (which I don't want to do).

@aussie_huddo Artwork Beef doesn't add episode "thumb" images from web services. The paths are probably still in the "art" table of "MyVideos10#.db" (this is the important part of the library for what Artwork Beef does) so they aren't being replaced by Kodi generated thumbs; "textures13.db" is just what Kodi currently has in it's local thumbnail cache.

I've found the issue with the "Stop current process" not working reliably and the missing music landscape images. I'll have an update with those fixes soon. Thanks for the reports.
(2018-03-18, 00:17)rmrector Wrote: @docwra I don't see a way for add-ons to get source configuration from Kodi, just their path and label, so this isn't possible without digging through Kodi's databases directly (which I don't want to do).

I'd just like landscape to work like other artwork for music, at the moment for some reason its not downloading. Maybe a bug?
@rmrector 

Great work, It takes a bit of getting used to but I got there in the end  Smile

Would it be possible to add fallback slideshow. I use this feature when no artist fanart can be found, to create my own personl slideshow.

Artist slideshow

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
Version 0.18.2 is released with a fix for the missing music landscape images and the "Stop current process" action that didn't always work.

@Blurayx Artwork Beef won't duplicate files to a central directory for that. Skins can grab a list of fanart directly from the library, either using another add-on (like Grab fanart, or Skin Helper Service has this as one of its myriad options) or without an add-on using Kodi's built in functionality, and that Artist Slideshow add-on should be able to do something similar.
@rmrector

Thanks for the info
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
Thanks! just to confirm Landscape for music is now working.

Now its time for me to start building some nice skin views based on it Smile
Hello guys... Awesome work as I was missing this feature for a while.

Very quick question on where in this Add-on I need to set below API Keys
 - API Key for www.themoviedb.org (I got my own Key) 
- API Key for https://www.thetvdb.com (I got my own Key)

I already set my personal API key under Advance settings for https://fanart.tv API 

Any help on this much appreciated....
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5