• 30(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2018-04-30, 23:27)scott967 Wrote: I've been testing AB on Kodi 18 music library and have a problem or issue.  AB is scanning my local artist info and music source folder tree and picking up randomly named .jpg files which get added as new arttypes.  Is there a way to whitelist what arttypes/filenames are added from local image files (music)?

scott s.

I have noticed the same issue in Videos. I have around 30 Artwork types listed in the Choose Art screen. Sure, a lot of these are extended fanart (fanart1, fanart2..) and thumbs. But I also have names of artwork types that I purposely named differently so they would not be caught up in any Kodi scrapes, but they are now listed as an Artwork Type.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Meanwhile I am working on Kodi core to make it automatically pick up local art of any type you choose (just for music of course). Filename needs to match  art type, but you specify a white list in advanced settings what names/types to look for. Almost ready to PR but just ensuring it handles disc sets (album with songs in subfolders).  Seems more efficient to have this facility part of scanning/scraping than left to an addon. Smile

EDIT: for those interested see thread in music support subforum
@Kallaide The Kodi log file should tell you why it couldn't load an image. The most obvious guess without any other information is that the web service is temporarily unavailable. The separate context menu add-on is only for Isengard, otherwise it's built in to the main Artwork Beef add-on, available on each media item under "Manage" as "Select artwork...".

@dazzaw Music library artwork is brand new and still being worked on, so getting discart to display differently for each disc isn't quite easy yet.

@scott967 and @Karellen There is no white list yet. I may spend some time attempting to copy Dave's work into the video library and then Artwork Beef can be retired soon, or at least parts of it.
(2018-05-01, 08:50)rmrector Wrote: Music library artwork is brand new and still being worked on, so getting discart to display differently for each disc isn't quite easy yet.
Working on that in core right now, design input welcome.

(2018-05-01, 08:50)rmrector Wrote: I may spend some time attempting to copy Dave's work into the video library and then Artwork Beef can be retired soon, or at least parts of it.
Very welcome to do that Ryan, I'm definitely not touching video library. Smile
Kodi needs more core devs, no matter how it may sometimes seem, and I will support your work in what ways I can. As you know I am always glad to discuss what I am working on.

I am unclear on what parts of AB my core changes many surplant, so don't make rertirement plans too early. I didn't start out to replace AB at all, the work just grew from your initial requests to let music JSON API catch-up with video. I was looking at fixing some of odd art things that happened, and once I had my head around how it worked I just kept going. I think picking up local art is an obvious part of scanning. Fetching it from elsewhere is another matter, as is helping users manage it, or skinners making screens look pretty using it. Plenty of work for everyone!
My 2 pence....

Local artwork -> Kodi Core
Metadata site artwork -> Kodi scrapers
Additional artwork/management/selection -> Artwork Beef
(2018-05-01, 08:50)rmrector Wrote: @dazzaw Music library artwork is brand new and still being worked on, so getting discart to display differently for each disc isn't quite easy yet.
I appreciate that, just trying to figure out whats whats thats all.
Feature Request: Is it possible to prefer another file extension of antworks local storaged?
For e.g. logo.gif insteand of logo.png, poster.gif instead of poster.jpg, fanart.gif instead of fanart.jpg

Especially for Movies and also Moviesets?

In kodi itself we can choose .gif's manually without addons, works fine! But always when reloading Arts via Addon all is gone and got falling back to .jpg and .png.

In web there are some threats for animated arts and also on pinterest and giphy there are huge data of animated Arts.
Average every tenth movie of my db there are animated arts local storaged.

Would be nice if there would be a way to automate it to load it in kodi. These arts are very cool but always load in manually into kodi is very sad thing.

Thanks for reply of my request.

chris
I'm new to Kodi and Linux so be gentle please.

Movies seem to work OK.  I installed Beef as Artwork Downloader was not loading artwork for TV shows.  The TV shows have loaded in my library as expected, but no artwork.  When I run Beef, it shows that the artwork is adding for all my shows, but it never appears in the GUI.  I've tried multiple skins, Amber, Estuary, and Arctic Zephyr.  Poked at and rebooted Kodi several times.  Ran beef several times.  I think it is a beef problem Huh

Kodi 17.6 on Ubuntu 18.04

Log here: Log

Thanks in advance!
(2018-04-16, 21:09)rmrector Wrote:
(2018-04-08, 10:38)Gade Wrote: Hi rmrector.

Thanks for this great addon!

Is it possible to create a button similar to this:
Code:
<control type="button" id="xxx">
    <description>Get Artwork</description>
    <onclick>RunScript(script.artwork.beef,mode=gui,audiotype=artist,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
    <visible>System.HasAddon(script.artwork.beef)</visible>
</control>

And it opens up the image selection, like it does for movies, tv shows etc.

Both for artists, albums and songs?   

Yup. Use the same command as the video library, but set mediatype to "artist", "album", or "song". `RunScript(script.artwork.beef,mode=gui,mediatype=artist,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])`

Great, thanks a lot!
So I'm not sure what's going on but all Add-ons and Skins attempting to grab from Fanart.TV are not working for me. One weird part about it is that it can see and read from the site, but the logos and art it pulls is invisible (also invisible in the GUI when trying to select it)

It'll even download the Logo, but it too is invisible... Has anyone else come across this?
@DaveBlake You are making great strides, it's exciting.

@"chrissix" There is no option to prefer a particular extension. Only keep one file named for each exact art type so there is no ambiguity; I suggest saving animated artwork as "animatedposter.gif" and "animatedfanart.gif". This allows skins to choose animated or static images to fit the design and configuration (personally I'd go bonkers if several posters were animated on screen at once).

@Clayton TheTVDB just recently switched over to the new website design, and with it forced HTTPS, but some URLs in your library are HTTP. Artwork Beef uses HTTPS already, but won't replace HTTP URLs added by other means. I may add a conversion for TheTVDB URLs to the next update to Artwork Beef.
And here is a PR that enables Kodi core to pick up any artwork from the local file system for the video library. Files need to be named based on the art type used in the library, so "discart.png" or "movie file name-discart.png" not "disc.png"; ditto "characterart.png" and "clearlogo.png". This also doesn't add images from 'extrafanart' / 'extrathumbs' folders to the library like Artwork Beef does (save them to "fanart1.jpg", "fanart2.jpg", etc in the main item folder).

Whitelists are defined in advancedsettings.xml. Merge the below into your existing AS.xml, or if you don't have one this is a complete example. Add more `arttype` elements for each exact art type you want added to your library. The whitelists also apply to scraper results.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videolibrary>
    <tvshowextraart>
        <arttype>clearlogo</arttype>
        <arttype>landscape</arttype>
        <arttype>fanart1</arttype>
        <arttype>fanart2</arttype>
    </tvshowextraart>
    <tvseasonextraart>
        <arttype>clearlogo</arttype>
    </tvseasonextraart>
    <episodeextraart>
        <arttype>fanart</arttype>
    </episodeextraart>
    <movieextraart>
        <arttype>discart</arttype>
        <arttype>fanart2</arttype>
    </movieextraart>
    <musicvideoextraart>
    </musicvideoextraart>
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Edit: This PR is for the video library.
Thanks for the advancedsettings.xml

I was wondering if this should be included in the basic kodi install though. Surely people will want to pick up these types of files be default?
@docwra

Yes, I have been caught out when testing, by forgetting to add the settings. But @DaveBlake inferred this was a first stage (for the music library anyway) and there may be another way via settings and possibly even set by add-ons.

But I suppose we need to paste the default code here in the forum and on the wiki in the interim. Though I was under the impression that skinners were going to join in the conversation about standardised artwork names
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Using advancedsettings.xml to configure what art is fetched locally is just my initial approach to configurable art for music. Avoiding it being hard coded into core is a huge step forwards, but using advancedsettings.xml has weaknesses. It is not a best place to set default behaviour, and some devs want to deprecate advancedsettings.xml completely.

Thinking aloud an actual setting would possibly be better long term, something that an addon (or skin) could set even? Then again, only advanced users would want control of this flexibility.  Or for now a non-empty default value in Cadvancedsettings, but that becomes a hard coded thing again by the back door (just not as hard to change as burried in other code would be).
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5