Beta - Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DANI940 Offline
rmrector,
great!! Thank you very much! I will download it and I will try it, and then I will tell you what happens. I appreciate your help, thank you very much.
find quote
DANI940 Offline
Works perfect!! Is working again in my kodi, thanks for the update and for your help
find quote
Alanon Offline
Fan
@rmrector: Hello!

Let me first say that I'm really impressed by what you've made here. I was researching some strange issues I was having with movie set artwork, having lost my centralised structure made for the Automator, and your addon was able to just sort it all out in one wonderful sweep. That got me thinking, and I wanted to replace Artwork Downloader completely. So I did. I prefer your interface, your setting and basically the way you structured everything.

This leads me to my question/issue. The skin I'm working on uses Skin Helper's extrafanart option. That seems to work fine in conjunction with the movies, but not the series. I've tried messing with the options and preferences, to no avail. I'm just a skinner and know nothing of Python, but it appears to me that the AD and your Beef are writing different things when series are concerned? I've noticed that my local art is present and marked in the fanart selection section, but nothing comes of it; the fanart doesn't rotate, it only serves as a pool, randomly selecting one static background?

I have nothing against the way you've organised the artwork in the add-on, but it seems a shame to be limited to just one image per Season, not to mention it's a huge chore to set up properly. (At least, none of mine were set up automatically, perhaps I've missed a feature somewhere?) It's the only thing that's really missing, and the only thing preventing me from using Beef as my sole artwork manager. Before I begin the tedious task of returning back to Artwork Downloader, I was wondering if there's a chance to some cross-compatibility option for series (extra)fanart?

Keep up with your amazing work!

Best regards,

Alanon.

Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the thanks button? ;)
(This post was last modified: 2017-06-02 23:08 by Alanon.)
find quote
rmrector Offline
Donor
@Alanon: Thanks!

Artwork Beef handles multiple fanart in a completely different way than AD, treating them the same as all other artwork, by naming each one in the database rather than downloading them to a folder in the file system. Artwork Helper is the simplest way to display them in your skin, which can also pull in the classic extrafanart if your skin users aren't using Artwork Beef to manage artwork.

Season fanart can only be set automatically if the artwork has been tagged with a season on fanart.tv, but they often aren't. If it is clear the backdrop belongs to a season you can report it on fanart.tv. The folks there are fairly responsive to requests to update them; report the image, and in the text box include the season number and a quick half-sentence describing why it belongs in that season. I'll set it up to allow more than one season fanart to be selected in the next update.
find quote
Alanon Offline
Fan
@rmrector:

Wow, now that addon brings some nice goodies! Now all that remains is for me to clear up some things that are still fuzzy even after some tinkering.

First, where do I get the animated artwork? Artwork Downloader had it in a semi-automatic dialogue, but I can't seem to access or change any of my animated artwork since I migrated? How do I obtain them when using Beef exclusively? When I want to add artwork, animated is never among what is listed?

The second query revolves around rotating backgrounds (pun intended). When I started the migration I asked Artwork Beef to "add missing artwork for all items". Could it be that the local fanart images downloaded to the root by Artwork Downloader which I didn't delete meant that it automatically wouldn't retrieve web artwork, but confine itself to what's there? I ask because I always see Local Artwork as selected in the dialogues. If this is so, I would appreciate a setting to forcibly re-scan the whole library per the settings and quantities configured in the add-on, for an easier transition? Right now, I'm stuck in between, with no easy way to cut the cord. Frown

Also, I added in the helper code to the skin, and so far it seems to be doing exactly what it should. However, I'd like to rely only on the main add-on and not the Helper, since that would simplify support for the skin, and might be easier to maintain in the future. I am testing out a fadelabel control, rotating the fanart1, fanart2, etc images seems to be doing the trick, and it seems just a tad quicker than the helper calls. It's not as modular, certainly, but then again my image code is rather centralised, so modular isn't too helpful. The question is, would I lose any features, aside from the modularity?

And, finally, if I do migrate to Beef completely, am I right in saying I'll lose all film thumbnails? There's a mention in the OP to that effect...

PS. About the series thing, to be clear, I much prefer a centralised series slideshow than a per-season slideshow. The whole process seems overly complicated. I only mentioned it in passing.

Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the thanks button? ;)
(This post was last modified: 2017-06-05 02:27 by Alanon.)
find quote
nikeb Offline
Hi
Thanks for your work, i just install it and run it

I have a 17 kodi installation and a library wich download automatically (outside kodi)
every artwork i need (except animated artwork)
It's perfect for my entire movieset artwork to be displayed on my skin,

That's why i m using your addon getting only local file system.
It works like a charm but i m guessing it's removing from the library all the animated artwork,
wich were automatically scraped by kodi.

It's a correct guessing?

Is there a chance to scrape those from some webservices?

Thanks again
find quote
robichota Offline
Anyone having issues connecting to fanart.tv? Seems to be down for me.
find quote
nikeb Offline
(2017-06-21 17:32)robichota Wrote:  Anyone having issues connecting to fanart.tv? Seems to be down for me.

Yes it is. I get errors on every provider i ask for logo/clearart/discart since yesterday
After a while i didn't get the error anymore, but after that today i get again errors trying to download.
find quote
nikeb Offline
(2017-06-21 18:08)nikeb Wrote:  
(2017-06-21 17:32)robichota Wrote:  Anyone having issues connecting to fanart.tv? Seems to be down for me.

Yes it is. I get errors on every provider i ask for logo/clearart/discart since yesterday
After a while i didn't get the error anymore, but after that today i get again errors trying to download.

The problem on fanart.tv just solved.
Now is working and going good.

I have another question,
Seems like is having problems on adding the discart on movie sets, in right list view (i m using AEON MQ7 on Krypton)
When "Movieset - Discart" is enabled.

That means that if i enable the "movieset - discart" can't add any disc to my "right list view" collection (the single movie discart i working good)
if i disable that everything works, but now it doesn't add me any new disc to the collection who has a disc update.

I hope i could explain myself in the right way.

Basically, when i had that option flagged it didn't update with discart the collections i update. Just make me see the old discart, without adding the other movies on the set.

Now i de-flagged that option but even if i rescan the object it doesn't add anything to the set views.

New movies after the de-flagging are working propertly.

Is that some way to fix ?
find quote