• 7(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
I'm assuming this doesn't work at all with Leia? won't work for me anyways
Quote:Current gotchas
It expects scrapers to set an IMDB number for movies, and a TVDB ID for series, like the default scrapers.

Is there anyway to get this addon to pull TV Show art if you use the TMDB scraper instead of theTVDB?
(2017-08-28, 07:31)knives of ice Wrote: I'm assuming this doesn't work at all with Leia? won't work for me anyways

There are probably still some changes in Leia that Artwork Beef doesn't support yey. I have a fix for the context menu items "Select artwork..." and "Add missing artwork" that are never visible ready for the next update. If you are having another problem, can you describe it further? If it shows an error also post the error message from the log.

(2017-08-28, 10:15)roidy Wrote:
Quote:Current gotchas
It expects scrapers to set an IMDB number for movies, and a TVDB ID for series, like the default scrapers.

Is there anyway to get this addon to pull TV Show art if you use the TMDB scraper instead of theTVDB?

Not at the moment. Kodi Krypton added a new feature to make that easier to do, though, so it is on my list.
Basically, my problem in Leia is that it does not do anything. when i go to select the artwork to download from the shortcuts in the context menu no artwork ever appears no matter how long i wait. i can't get any artwork to show no matter what i do. when i change your context shortcuts back to artwork downloader as the default it works as expected. i wanted to try your add on since there are so many problems with artwork downloader that need fixed right now but i can't get it to work at all on Leia.
I've updated Artwork Beef to version 0.11.0; if you have my repo installed it will show up soon, otherwise download it here.

Lots of little features with big descriptions in this one.
  • add option to override image language (defaults to Kodi interface language), though it won't overwrite your existing artwork - @gabardal
  • add option to prefer posters without a title, off by default. You'll want to change your scraper settings so that it does not set any poster, as Artwork Beef will not overwrite the image from the scraper with one from web services - @vicmanpergar at forum.fanart.tv
  • add option to force generation of a thumbnail from video files, off by default, separate options for movies and episodes - @meridius gave me the idea, but still doesn't quite cover their request
    • Often enough the thumbnail Kodi chooses from one specific point in a video file produces a better result than thumbs from TheTVDB
    • For movies the Beef can't automatically tell the difference between an actual still and a marketing image/press shot from web services, and it matters enough that I don't want to set a marketing image to a thumb automatically, so this is a happy medium for now
    • I can't choose a different point in time for the thumbnail, though, Kodi gives you what it gives you
  • generate a report of all changed artwork. No way to view it in Kodi at the moment, but you can find it at "userdata/addon_data/script.artwork.beef/artwork-report.txt". It will keep the report limited in size, keep a handful of the most recent previous reports, and delete the rest. There is an add-on setting to log each item individually rather than the default that reports on each run in aggregate - @TheBigRoberto
  • fix a couple Leia compatibility issues, namely it didn't do much - @knives of ice, this should take care of your problem, though let me know if you encounter others. I had thought the change in Leia would have the opposite effect (no context menu items but everything else works), or I probably would have pushed that fix sooner.
  • use HTTPS for all API and image URLs. Fanart.tv recently switched to secure image URLs in API results, and the rest offer secure URLs, so now is a good time to switch them all.
  • Properly refresh items when the Kodi library is wiped and rebuilt. This prevents the wrong artwork for movie sets that @badaas encountered, but only for items added and updated after this version is installed. Anyone that currently has such mismatched movie set artwork, you MUST take a few steps to fix this:
    1. under "Program Add-ons" run "Artwork Beef", then select "Quick fix: Reset all movie set IDs"
    2. run "Artwork Beef" again, select "Remove specific type of artwork for ...", then "Sets ...", then "all: ####"
    3. run "Artwork Beef" one last time and select "add missing artwork for new items" (Beef will consider them new because they aren't in its private database)

Thanks everyone for your feedback!
(2017-09-03, 02:51)rmrector Wrote: I've updated Artwork Beef to version 0.11.0; if you have my repo installed it will show up soon, otherwise download it here.

Lots of little features with big descriptions in this one.
  • add option to override image language (defaults to Kodi interface language), though it won't overwrite your existing artwork - @gabardal
  • add option to prefer posters without a title, off by default. You'll want to change your scraper settings so that it does not set any poster, as Artwork Beef will not overwrite the image from the scraper with one from web services - @vicmanpergar at forum.fanart.tv
  • add option to force generation of a thumbnail from video files, off by default, separate options for movies and episodes - @meridius gave me the idea, but still doesn't quite cover their request
    • Often enough the thumbnail Kodi chooses from one specific point in a video file produces a better result than thumbs from TheTVDB
    • For movies the Beef can't automatically tell the difference between an actual still and a marketing image/press shot from web services, and it matters enough that I don't want to set a marketing image to a thumb automatically, so this is a happy medium for now
    • I can't choose a different point in time for the thumbnail, though, Kodi gives you what it gives you
  • generate a report of all changed artwork. No way to view it in Kodi at the moment, but you can find it at "userdata/addon_data/script.artwork.beef/artwork-report.txt". It will keep the report limited in size, keep a handful of the most recent previous reports, and delete the rest. There is an add-on setting to log each item individually rather than the default that reports on each run in aggregate - @TheBigRoberto
  • fix a couple Leia compatibility issues, namely it didn't do much - @knives of ice, this should take care of your problem, though let me know if you encounter others. I had thought the change in Leia would have the opposite effect (no context menu items but everything else works), or I probably would have pushed that fix sooner.
  • use HTTPS for all API and image URLs. Fanart.tv recently switched to secure image URLs in API results, and the rest offer secure URLs, so now is a good time to switch them all.
  • Properly refresh items when the Kodi library is wiped and rebuilt. This prevents the wrong artwork for movie sets that @badaas encountered, but only for items added and updated after this version is installed. Anyone that currently has such mismatched movie set artwork, you MUST take a few steps to fix this:
    1. under "Program Add-ons" run "Artwork Beef", then select "Quick fix: Reset all movie set IDs"
    2. run "Artwork Beef" again, select "Remove specific type of artwork for ...", then "Sets ...", then "all: ####"
    3. run "Artwork Beef" one last time and select "add missing artwork for new items" (Beef will consider them new because they aren't in its private database)

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

Aw, so nice
This is greatly appreciated buddy
Thanks!
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Thank you! I'll test ASAP
great plugin - look the work!

Is there a way to default to movie artwork from the movie database and not fanart.tv? I seem to prefer the former

Thanks
I can't get it to work. I get an error when kodi starts and when i try to run the addon

12:42:17.103 T:3392 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\*********\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.artwork.beef\\artwork-report.txt')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\*********\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\default.py", line 7, in <module>
from lib.artworkprocessor import ArtworkProcessor
File "C:\Users\*********\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\artworkprocessor.py", line 6, in <module>
from lib import cleaner, reporting
File "C:\Users\*********\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\reporting.py", line 161, in <module>
report_startup()
File "C:\Users\*********\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\reporting.py", line 35, in report_startup
with _get_file() as reportfile:
File "C:\Users\*********\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\reporting.py", line 153, in _get_file
return open(xbmc.translatePath(_get_filepath()), 'a+')
IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\*********\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.artwork.beef\\artwork-report.txt')
-->End of Python script error report<--

Notice the double \\ ?

any help is appreciated
(2017-09-03, 21:26)Streggi Wrote: great plugin - look the work!

Is there a way to default to movie artwork from the movie database and not fanart.tv? I seem to prefer the former

Thanks

Not at the moment, but I'll look into adding such an option.

(2017-09-04, 18:51)sarlan19 Wrote: I can't get it to work. I get an error when kodi starts and when i try to run the addon

12:42:17.103 T:3392 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\*********\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.artwork.beef\\artwork-report.txt')

Whoops, the newly added reporting function doesn't work right when the add-on is first installed. I'll push out a fix soon, but a quick fix until then is to create the directory "script.artwork.beef" in the path noted above.

Edit: I've pushed out version 0.11.1 that fixes this issue.
Very good job, works fine and perfect in my kodi

Thank you
this is for the most part working excellent on Leia. one minor problem that is still occurring - if you choose to look for artwork for old items only it just does nothing. the only way it works if manually running the add on is to search for art for all new and old.

it does however auto add artwork when new items are added which is an excellent feature that works perfectly.
@knives of ice Thanks for reporting back on Leia. Old items refer to media items that Artwork Beef hasn't processed for awhile. With the default configuration it will check for new artwork for these old items automatically, so this menu option usually doesn't have anything to do. Running the add-on manually is not generally necessary.
First of all, thanks for the great addon. I switched to this from Artwork Downloader, since I was fed up with having duplicate files for certain types of artwork Smile

I've had few problems in the change over, but I can't seem to get episode thumbs for newly added tvshows to work.  Some are being grabbed from TVDB, but some aren't, even though they are visible on the TVDB site.  I've even tried the "get thumbs from video file", but that doesn't seem to work either.

I have "Automatically add from filesystem only" set to On, since I want to use files (such as posters/banners/logos/fanart) I already have since I scrape them outside of Kodi before adding new shows/movies.

Any thoughts as to why it's not working for episode thumbs that are missing?

~Jondar
Does this plugin support local files? It would be nice if it first checked for the presence of local files (e.g., logo.png) and used that before falling back to caching any remote version.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5