• 79(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
hey all

i installed kodi on nvidia shield and immediatelly after that, AB. however, when it starts scanning my library, it stops and errors. the log says "artwork beef encountered an error - could not save image" and then specifies the directory. i have all my media saved on a nas server in which shield has total read/write permissions. Thank you all and thank you rector for your work!!!
(2019-11-10, 09:08)tinnyskillz Wrote: I`m getting the no preview issue (tvdb). I`m on Kodi 18.4.

This is happening again. Both movies, and tv shows won`t show previews. I`m basically picking random artwork (tried tvdb tmdb, fanart.tv) because the preview is blank.
(2020-01-11, 00:52)bossanova808 Wrote: Question about Artwork Beef behaviour - this show has an HD clearlogo: https://fanart.tv/series/336845/the-letdown/

...but for some reason, Artwork Beef has never downloaded it as a clearlogo.  I just tried with Tiny Media Manager and it went off and grabbed it straight away.  What might account for the difference here?  Does AB only look for normal clearlogos (which I don't think they let you upload anymore - the idea being the HD ones are better and can be down converted, presumably).

Or is there some other reason it would not download it that is less obvious?

That fanart.tv page is for a different TV show with the same name.
(2020-01-11, 15:14)wallacebw Wrote: First, Thanks for the work on this!

Two Questions:
1.  Is there a way to have AB add new scraper based artwork to a library that already has local art?   Ex:   I have a movie or show that has fanart.jpg through fanart4.jpg.   If I run an add missing artwork from the context menu, nothing is added; however, if I select artwork, i see that 44 fanart options are available.  it would be great to have AB download additional art from these sources up to the configured limits.  is this possible?

Nope, AB doesn't have a simple way to track what images currently exist, so it will likely download the same images again.
(2020-01-11, 15:14)wallacebw Wrote: 2.  I believe the answer is yes, but is a python 3 version planned at some point in the future?

Thanks

I may make a slimmer version of Artwork Beef that compliments the new Python scrapers at some point.

@angelkr @tinnyskillz I need the Kodi debug log and other info noted at the bottom of the first page to help you.
(2020-01-17, 23:45)rmrector Wrote:
(2020-01-11, 00:52)bossanova808 Wrote: Question about Artwork Beef behaviour - this show has an HD clearlogo: https://fanart.tv/series/336845/the-letdown/

...but for some reason, Artwork Beef has never downloaded it as a clearlogo.  I just tried with Tiny Media Manager and it went off and grabbed it straight away.  What might account for the difference here?  Does AB only look for normal clearlogos (which I don't think they let you upload anymore - the idea being the HD ones are better and can be down converted, presumably).

Or is there some other reason it would not download it that is less obvious?

That fanart.tv page is for a different TV show with the same name.
Not quite following on fanart.tv - there is only one result for 'letdown' - and that is the right show, with that logo. 

Ah, I think I see - there are two tvdb entries.  Both are, in fact, for the same show... https://www.thetvdb.com/search?query=letdown

The more correct one of the two is: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-letdown - the second entry is for a later Netflix re-release it seems, but is superfluous.

That said, my .nfo file has the correct IDs to match both fanart.tv and the correct entry on thetvdb:

xml:

<id>336845</id>
<uniqueid type="tvdb" default="true">336845</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="imdb">tt7320300</uniqueid>

So still seems a bit odd that AB didn't ever grab the logo.  But not to worry, have it now!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(Thetvdb has been cleaned up now so there is just one entry)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2020-01-15, 16:28)angelkr Wrote: hey all

i installed kodi on nvidia shield and immediatelly after that, AB. however, when it starts scanning my library, it stops and errors. the log says "artwork beef encountered an error - could not save image" and then specifies the directory. i have all my media saved on a nas server in which shield has total read/write permissions. Thank you all and thank you rector for your work!!!

@rmrector here's the log, sorry for not providing it in the first place! https://paste.kodi.tv/alaholiwec
after tinkering around, i found that if the NAS server is mounted on the Shield, then AB cannot save the files locally, at least not animated posters from Kyra that i'm trying to add to my library. however, if i unmount the NAS server and just add the nfs folders from kodi, then AB saves fine. yet still, the animated posters do not work as intended, since only the first frame of the gif is shown as poster. thanks for your time and effort once more!
Any news on artwork beef working with python 3 and the latest kodi builds and forksHuh?
(2020-01-18, 15:16)Buzniak Wrote: Any news on artwork beef working with python 3 and the latest kodi builds and forksHuh?

Was wondering the same, as it is the only thing keeping from the newer HDR versions...
(2020-02-03, 17:52)Thugbear Wrote:
(2020-01-18, 15:16)Buzniak Wrote: Any news on artwork beef working with python 3 and the latest kodi builds and forksHuh?

Was wondering the same, as it is the only thing keeping from the newer HDR versions... 
A P3 port will probably take some time. Then code polishing and bug fixing...
We all know professional coder guys are always busy.

I wouldn't expect a Python 3 update before Kodi 19 final. With a current port there could still be code changes until final wich could result in double the work.
(2020-02-03, 18:11)chrissix Wrote:
(2020-02-03, 17:52)Thugbear Wrote:

A P3 port will probably take some time. Then code polishing and bug fixing...
We all know professional coder guys are always busy.

I wouldn't expect a Python 3 update before Kodi 19 final. With a current port there could still be code changes until final wich could result in double the work. 

Understandable - just ran into it, due to trying different HDR versions of Kodi. Will keep my eyes open :-)
hi there,
is there a way to regenerate the Episode thumbs in Kodi, sometimes it generates a bad frame, like black screen or just a bad picture moment and i would like to let kodi regnerete them.
Artwork Beef updated to version 0.28.0

This version includes the ability to exclude media items from processing by their file path, a feature implemented by "supmagc" on GitHub.
(2020-02-09, 00:43)rmrector Wrote: Artwork Beef updated to version 0.28.0

This version includes the ability to exclude media items from processing by their file path, a feature implemented by "supmagc" on GitHub.
Maybe you can consider a "profiles" feature in the future for the settings.xml. Got mad always change all the settings for different usage.
Now i have my own copies of settings.xml files and just copy/paste overwrite with the main settings.xml, dependent on the wanteed AB behave scenario.
For example a do all szenario, do only tvshows, only movies, or only read in local and not download anything...

Think this will be pretty useful!
Hi I need you help.

One of my 3 Kodi devices is a Android TV Box Version 4.4.2 and I can´t update it.
I still use there Kodi 16.1 with 5.1 libmedia.so hack.
So I can´t use Kodi 17 fork mygica for 4.4.2.

I don´t use it for I think half a year and now Artwork Beef don´t work anymore.

Error Type: <class 'lib.providers.base.ProviderError'>
Error Contents: web service error: SSLError

Log here: https://paste.kodi.tv/dadalobetu.kodi

Can you help?

Best
Thommy
Hi guys. I read in another thread that there is an option in Artwork Beef to replace the scraper added thumbnail with a Kodi generated thumb.

Please let me know how to do this. I have like 200 TV shows with multiple seasons in my library and many of them has outdated/wrong/missing thumbnails. I would like to replace all scrapper thumbs to thumbs that Kodi generated from source file. How can I make it with Artwork Beef? 

Awaiting Your comments.
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5