• 8(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2017-10-10, 09:30)Jondar Wrote: First of all, thanks for the great addon. I switched to this from Artwork Downloader, since I was fed up with having duplicate files for certain types of artwork Smile

I've had few problems in the change over, but I can't seem to get episode thumbs for newly added tvshows to work.  Some are being grabbed from TVDB, but some aren't, even though they are visible on the TVDB site.  I've even tried the "get thumbs from video file", but that doesn't seem to work either.

I have "Automatically add from filesystem only" set to On, since I want to use files (such as posters/banners/logos/fanart) I already have since I scrape them outside of Kodi before adding new shows/movies.

Any thoughts as to why it's not working for episode thumbs that are missing?

~Jondar

Artwork Beef doesn't add thumbnails from web services itself, they should be set from the scraper, as an image file next to the episode video file, or a URL specified in the episode NFO file. The options to generate thumbs in Artwork Beef sets each episode up so that Kodi generates the thumbnail, but Kodi won't do it right away.

The options to generate thumbs need the Kodi setting "Extract thumbnails and video information" enabled, which may be disabled by default on some platforms, and then you need to navigate to a list containing the episode in the video library window (MyVideoNav.xml) to get Kodi to generate the thumbnail.

(2017-10-11, 01:26)fnwc Wrote: Does this plugin support local files? It would be nice if it first checked for the presence of local files (e.g., logo.png) and used that before falling back to caching any remote version.

It does indeed support local files, and will prefer those during automatic processing. There is even an option in the add-on settings to only use artwork from the file system when running auto, to avoid wasting time and network resources if you already have all of the artwork you want locally.
(2017-10-11, 02:46)rmrector Wrote: Artwork Beef doesn't add thumbnails from web services itself, they should be set from the scraper, as an image file next to the episode video file, or a URL specified in the episode NFO file. The options to generate thumbs in Artwork Beef sets each episode up so that Kodi generates the thumbnail, but Kodi won't do it right away.

The options to generate thumbs need the Kodi setting "Extract thumbnails and video information" enabled, which may be disabled by default on some platforms, and then you need to navigate to a list containing the episode in the video library window (MyVideoNav.xml) to get Kodi to generate the thumbnail.

Yes. That's what I thought.

After taking a break from getting it to work, I realised that the missing images were due to the "Extract thumbnails and video information" being disabled in my advancedsettings.xml file. D'oh! Smile

Basically, what I did to get it to work the way I wanted it was actually turning off "Get thumbs from video file" in Artwork Beef, and leaving Kodi's thumbnail settings disabled.  That got it working for me. Smile

Thanks for your help!

~Jondar
I'm getting an error when I try to use manage/select artwork on a TV series:

Code:
13:51:33.511 T:5356   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                           Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                           Error Contents: not all arguments converted during string formatting
                                           Traceback (most recent call last):
                                             File "C:\Users\mail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\context_gui.py", line 4, in <module>
                                               main('gui')
                                             File "C:\Users\mail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\context.py", line 16, in main
                                               processor.process_item(mediatype, dbid, mode)
                                             File "C:\Users\mail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\artworkprocessor.py", line 112, in process_item
                                               availableart, self.monitor)
                                             File "C:\Users\mail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\artworkselection.py", line 25, in prompt_for_artwork
                                               label = arttype if not arttype.startswith('season.') else get_seasonlabel(arttype)
                                             File "C:\Users\mail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\artworkselection.py", line 218, in get_seasonlabel
                                               return '{0}: {1}'.format(L(SEASON_NUMBER) % int(season[1]), season[2])
                                           TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting
                                           -->End of Python script error report<--
I'm running the 20171013 Windows x64 and android v7a builds - problem exists on both
(2017-10-16, 14:53)Streggi Wrote: I'm getting an error when I try to use manage/select artwork on a TV series:
Code:
I'm running the 20171013 Windows x64 and android v7a builds - problem exists on both

Thanks. This is due to a change in Leia. I'm working on a feature update at the moment, and I will include a fix for this error when I release it.
(2017-10-11, 02:46)rmrector Wrote: It does indeed support local files, and will prefer those during automatic processing. There is even an option in the add-on settings to only use artwork from the file system when running auto, to avoid wasting time and network resources if you already have all of the artwork you want locally.

Great. I love this plugin! Thanks for your hard work.

Is there a way for local files to be supported for sets? I use another plugin right now called "Movie Set Artwork Automator" which basically points at a directory and assigns the artwork for movie sets:

folder\Alien Anthology-fanart.jpg
folder\Alien Anthology-folder.jpg

There is no support for logos like Artwork Beef though.
(2017-10-18, 22:49)fnwc Wrote:
(2017-10-11, 02:46)rmrector Wrote: It does indeed support local files, and will prefer those during automatic processing. There is even an option in the add-on settings to only use artwork from the file system when running auto, to avoid wasting time and network resources if you already have all of the artwork you want locally.

Is there a way for local files to be supported for sets? I use another plugin right now called "Movie Set Artwork Automator" which basically points at a directory and assigns the artwork for movie sets:

I use Movie Set Artwork Automator and movie set logos work fine. you just put -logo as the suffix. Also I use -poster for the dvd case style artwork
(2017-10-18, 22:49)fnwc Wrote: ...

Yup. Head to the "Advanced" tab of the add-on settings to set the central directory. See the current documentation for the exact details, under "From NFO and image files" in particular. It will only match the default MSAA filenames, though, so "-folder.jpg" will be added as "thumb".
Hi, I'm using kodi 18 with estuary mod. I set fansat to 5. But, it only shows 1, and sometimes it's blank no fanart. What should I do?
And the artwork not autodownloaded, I must go to each movie, then it start downloading Sad
Hi, 

I've just registered in order to thank you. This addon just saved me a ton of work, my previous Kodi installation HDD died and the Artwork Downloader Addon is simply not working, so I thought I'd have to rebuild everything manually.

Thank god I found your addon! It even used all my local images, for movie sets too.

Great job you did here, with all due respect to the AD addon developer, your is far superior.
Is it possible to integrate artworks for music (artists and albums) from fanart.tv ?

Possibility to scan or not missing artworks after library update ? We have no choice.

And is it possible to add in setting possibility to use our own API key for TheMovieDB and TVDB like fanart.tv ?

Thanks.
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2017-10-29, 13:03)estuary_enthusiast Wrote: Hi, I'm using kodi 18 with estuary mod. I set fansat to 5. But, it only shows 1, and sometimes it's blank no fanart. What should I do?
And the artwork not autodownloaded, I must go to each movie, then it start downloading Sad

Can you post a link to the Estuary mod you are using? Multiple fanart needs to be handled differently in skins as Artwork Beef doesn't replicate the classic extrafanart interface for them.

By not auto-downloading, do you mean that you need to run the context item "Add missing artwork" for each item before you can see artwork, or that you need to just view the movie in the library window, but it won't load on the home window until you do? If it's the second, then it could be related to some goofy behavior I've seen on the home window and taking a look at the skin could help me narrow down the problem. If the first, double check that the main add-on option "Automatically add artwork for new items" is enabled, and then run the add-on and select "add missing artwork for new items".

Recently I have encountered intermittent errors when Kodi first downloads artwork from fanart.tv which could have a similar effect, when Kodi doesn't successfully get an image from a web service it may not try again until you switch to a different window.

(2017-10-29, 23:14)dodgePT Wrote: Hi, 

I've just registered in order to thank you. This addon just saved me a ton of work, my previous Kodi installation HDD died and the Artwork Downloader Addon is simply not working, so I thought I'd have to rebuild everything manually.

Thank god I found your addon! It even used all my local images, for movie sets too.

Great job you did here, with all due respect to the AD addon developer, your is far superior.

Thanks. 

(2017-10-30, 13:28)Guilouz Wrote: Is it possible to integrate artworks for music (artists and albums) from fanart.tv ?

Possibility to scan or not missing artworks after library update ? We have no choice.

And is it possible to add in setting possibility to use our own API key for TheMovieDB and TVDB like fanart.tv ?

Thanks.

I don't have any concrete plans for the music library yet. Kodi's music library doesn't support the wide variety of artwork that the video library supports, so Artwork Beef's support would be limited to the same artwork as the scrapers, or it would have to download the artwork so skins could access it from the file system, but I'd still prefer not to download artwork directly.

You can disable processing after library updates by disabling the add-on option "Automatically add artwork for new items", then process new items whenever you choose by running Artwork Beef from Program Add-ons and selecting "add missing artwork for new items". Disabling the automatic processing for new items also disables the processing of "old" items that haven't been processed for awhile, and may have new artwork available at web services or in the file system, so use the action "add missing artwork for old items" when you want to process them.

There is no option to change API keys for TMDB and TVDB. Artwork Beef doesn't have any functionality for using individual identifiers for users for other services like it does fanart.tv, and they do not want each user to register for a project key. If Artwork Beef's keys are later misappropriated and then disabled, I intend to find out why and fix it. The final remedy may be to allow users to enter their own project key, but I'd prefer to avoid it unless misappropriation becomes a habit.
(2017-10-31, 02:24)rmrector Wrote:
(2017-10-29, 13:03)estuary_enthusiast Wrote: Hi, I'm using kodi 18 with estuary mod. I set fansat to 5. But, it only shows 1, and sometimes it's blank no fanart. What should I do?

Can you post a link to the Estuary mod you are using? Multiple fanart needs to be handled differently in skins as Artwork Beef doesn't replicate the classic extrafanart interface for them.

By not auto-downloading, do you mean that you need to run the context item "Add missing artwork" for each item before you can see artwork, or that you need to just view the movie in the library window, but it won't load on the home window until you do? If it's the second, then it could be related to some goofy behavior I've seen on the home window and taking a look at the skin could help me narrow down the problem. If the first, double check that the main add-on option "Automatically add artwork for new items" is enabled, and then run the add-on and select "add missing artwork for new items".

Recently I have encountered intermittent errors when Kodi first downloads artwork from fanart.tv which could have a similar effect, when Kodi doesn't successfully get an image from a web service it may not try again until you switch to a different window.
Here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306757
Ya, it's the second. I must view all of them one by one Sad

As you can see, some cdart and clearlogo start downloading after I view the movie
(2017-10-31, 02:24)rmrector Wrote:

(2017-10-29, 23:14)dodgePT Wrote: Hi, 

Thanks. 

(2017-10-30, 13:28)Guilouz Wrote: Is it possible to integrate artworks for music (artists and albums) from fanart.tv ?

Thanks.

There is no option to change API keys for TMDB and TVDB. Artwork Beef doesn't have any functionality for using individual identifiers for users for other services like it does fanart.tv, and they do not want each user to register for a project key. If Artwork Beef's keys are later misappropriated and then disabled, I intend to find out why and fix it. The final remedy may be to allow users to enter their own project key, but I'd prefer to avoid it unless misappropriation becomes a habit.

It's possible in Skin Helper Service but no problem I have change API key with my own.

I have another question. I try to use multifanart (with script.artwork.helper), on widgets (so in container), with Kodi Leia we can use $INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart)] (without ID).

I have try 'plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/container/?refresh=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&amp;&amp;arttype=fanart' but not working.
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2017-10-31, 03:00)estuary_enthusiast Wrote: ...

As you can see, some cdart and clearlogo start downloading after I view the movie

At the moment that Estuary mod doesn't support these multiple fanart, but That's how Kodi's image cache works, it won't download any images until a skin tries to display it. It only happens once per image as long as you don't wipe out your thumbnail cache, and I like that Kodi only downloads images when it needs to display them, so I'm not sure I'll do anything to change that for now. You could use Milhouse's Texture Cache Maintenance utility to preload them, though that's a CLI script.

(2017-10-31, 03:33)Guilouz Wrote: ...

I have another question. I try to use multifanart (with script.artwork.helper), on widgets (so in container), with Kodi Leia we can use $INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart)] (without ID).

I have try 'plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/container/?refresh=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&amp;&amp;arttype=fanart' but not working.

The `container` path is intended to get images from the container rather than the focused list item (I'm not sure how useful it is, to be honest). You will want the `listitem` path, but at the moment it doesn't support accessing these InfoLabels in Leia without a container ID. I'll try to update it soon, but it's also possible to get these images without a plugin. example-multifanart.xml is a quick example of how that can work.
(2017-10-31, 09:13)rmrector Wrote:
(2017-10-31, 03:00)estuary_enthusiast Wrote: ...

At the moment that Estuary mod doesn't support these multiple fanart, but That's how Kodi's image cache works, it won't download any images until a skin tries to display it. It only happens once per image as long as you don't wipe out your thumbnail cache, and I like that Kodi only downloads images when it needs to display them, so I'm not sure I'll do anything to change that for now. You could use Milhouse's Texture Cache Maintenance utility to preload them, though that's a CLI script.

My problem is my internet on home is limited and slow. So, I need to go to public wifi to download all artwork. I've alot of movie and series to display one by one. And if I don't do that, When I open kodi without internet, the movie in library just show the blank cdart.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5