Beta - Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rmrector Offline
Donor
@badaas that's no good. Turns out this can happen if you wipe the Kodi database and rescan everything. Artwork Beef keeps a list of movie sets that associates their Kodi library ID with their TMDB ID, and the Kodi library IDs will be renumbered when the database is wiped, so the list Artwork Beef then has all the wrong associations.

The solution for now will be to remove all artwork for existing sets (run Artwork Beef from "Programs", select "Remove specific type of artwork for ...", then "Sets ...", then repeat for each artwork type), then doctor Artwork Beef's list, which is in the file system at "userdata/addon_data/script.artwork.beef/processeditems.db". If you are comfortable with SQL (it's a SQLite DB) you can run a query that deletes just movie set records where mediatype = "set", otherwise you can just delete the file itself (this way Artwork Beef will have to reprocess all media items again, so the next run will take some time, though not quite as long as the very first time).

I'll improve Artwork Beef's handling of this situation, it should be possible to catch this automatically.
find quote
paddy75 Offline
i have a set of the old Tarzan movies with Gordon Scott :-)
in themoviedb a poster is set: https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/36...uage=de-DE
but i can't get it from the website. If i choose select artwork, i only can see the fanart and no poster can be choose.
find quote
aquerido Offline
Hey...I just found out this addon existed.
Excellent work, rmrector. Really superb.
Thanks a bunch for your hard work.
find quote
rmrector Offline
Donor
@paddy75 I'll take a look this week, it's probably a language thing. I jumped through a lot of hoops to handle language for TheTVDB, but I may have missed something for TMDB.

@aquerido thanks!

I've submitted a pull request to Leia that removes the jarring fade out and then a split second later fade back in of `multiimage` controls when using a plugin path (like Artwork Helper) or file system directory to feed them. Now it holds the previous image until the new listing is complete, much like a regular `image` control will hold the previous image when the new image is not cached and needs to be downloaded. The Artwork Helper script behaves much more pleasantly, though the `fadelabel` trick from @Alanon is still more responsive.
find quote
gabardal Offline
Great addon, I'm having an issue were everything I get it's in spanish, I guess it has to do with my localization in Kodi; is there any setting/hack I can apply to get the artwork in english? Thanks and great work!
find quote
rmrector Offline
Donor
(2017-08-12 09:16)paddy75 Wrote:  i have a set of the old Tarzan movies with Gordon Scott :-)
in themoviedb a poster is set: https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/36...uage=de-DE
but i can't get it from the website. If i choose select artwork, i only can see the fanart and no poster can be choose.

That poster is new, and you were probably seeing the cached results of the available artwork from before the image was added. The cache is kept for 3 days, so if you pull up "Select Artwork..." on the set now you should see the new poster.

(2017-08-14 15:41)gabardal Wrote:  Great addon, I'm having an issue were everything I get it's in spanish, I guess it has to do with my localization in Kodi; is there any setting/hack I can apply to get the artwork in english? Thanks and great work!

Yup, Artwork Beef uses the language configured in Kodi as the preferred language for artwork. At the moment there isn't a way to change that, but I'll work on an option in the add-on settings to override the preferred language.
find quote
gabardal Offline
(2017-08-14 19:59)rmrector Wrote:  
(2017-08-12 09:16)paddy75 Wrote:  i have a set of the old Tarzan movies with Gordon Scott :-)

That poster is new, and you were probably seeing the cached results of the available artwork from before the image was added. The cache is kept for 3 days, so if you pull up "Select Artwork..." on the set now you should see the new poster.

(2017-08-14 15:41)gabardal Wrote:  Great addon, I'm having an issue were everything I get it's in spanish, I guess it has to do with my localization in Kodi; is there any setting/hack I can apply to get the artwork in english? Thanks and great work!

Yup, Artwork Beef uses the language configured in Kodi as the preferred language for artwork. At the moment there isn't a way to change that, but I'll work on an option in the add-on settings to override the preferred language.
Great, thanks!
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-14 21:12 by gabardal.)
find quote
TheBigRoberto Offline
Is there anyway to see a report of whats just been downloaded like art downloader does?
Great work btw
find quote
rmrector Offline
Donor
(2017-08-15 17:59)TheBigRoberto Wrote:  Is there anyway to see a report of whats just been downloaded like art downloader does?
Great work btw

There is not, yet. I've had that on my todo list for a while now, but it's been fairly low priority. I do want to have that finished before I call Artwork Beef feature complete, though.
Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-15 22:46 by rmrector.)
find quote