• 6(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
@badaas that's no good. Turns out this can happen if you wipe the Kodi database and rescan everything. Artwork Beef keeps a list of movie sets that associates their Kodi library ID with their TMDB ID, and the Kodi library IDs will be renumbered when the database is wiped, so the list Artwork Beef then has all the wrong associations.

The solution for now will be to remove all artwork for existing sets (run Artwork Beef from "Programs", select "Remove specific type of artwork for ...", then "Sets ...", then repeat for each artwork type), then doctor Artwork Beef's list, which is in the file system at "userdata/addon_data/script.artwork.beef/processeditems.db". If you are comfortable with SQL (it's a SQLite DB) you can run a query that deletes just movie set records where mediatype = "set", otherwise you can just delete the file itself (this way Artwork Beef will have to reprocess all media items again, so the next run will take some time, though not quite as long as the very first time).

I'll improve Artwork Beef's handling of this situation, it should be possible to catch this automatically.
i have a set of the old Tarzan movies with Gordon Scott :-)
in themoviedb a poster is set: https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/36...uage=de-DE
but i can't get it from the website. If i choose select artwork, i only can see the fanart and no poster can be choose.
Hey...I just found out this addon existed.
Excellent work, rmrector. Really superb.
Thanks a bunch for your hard work.
@paddy75 I'll take a look this week, it's probably a language thing. I jumped through a lot of hoops to handle language for TheTVDB, but I may have missed something for TMDB.

@aquerido thanks!

I've submitted a pull request to Leia that removes the jarring fade out and then a split second later fade back in of `multiimage` controls when using a plugin path (like Artwork Helper) or file system directory to feed them. Now it holds the previous image until the new listing is complete, much like a regular `image` control will hold the previous image when the new image is not cached and needs to be downloaded. The Artwork Helper script behaves much more pleasantly, though the `fadelabel` trick from @Alanon is still more responsive.
Great addon, I'm having an issue were everything I get it's in spanish, I guess it has to do with my localization in Kodi; is there any setting/hack I can apply to get the artwork in english? Thanks and great work!
(2017-08-12, 09:16)paddy75 Wrote: i have a set of the old Tarzan movies with Gordon Scott :-)
in themoviedb a poster is set: https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/36...uage=de-DE
but i can't get it from the website. If i choose select artwork, i only can see the fanart and no poster can be choose.

That poster is new, and you were probably seeing the cached results of the available artwork from before the image was added. The cache is kept for 3 days, so if you pull up "Select Artwork..." on the set now you should see the new poster.

(2017-08-14, 15:41)gabardal Wrote: Great addon, I'm having an issue were everything I get it's in spanish, I guess it has to do with my localization in Kodi; is there any setting/hack I can apply to get the artwork in english? Thanks and great work!

Yup, Artwork Beef uses the language configured in Kodi as the preferred language for artwork. At the moment there isn't a way to change that, but I'll work on an option in the add-on settings to override the preferred language.
(2017-08-14, 19:59)rmrector Wrote:
(2017-08-12, 09:16)paddy75 Wrote: i have a set of the old Tarzan movies with Gordon Scott :-)

That poster is new, and you were probably seeing the cached results of the available artwork from before the image was added. The cache is kept for 3 days, so if you pull up "Select Artwork..." on the set now you should see the new poster.

(2017-08-14, 15:41)gabardal Wrote: Great addon, I'm having an issue were everything I get it's in spanish, I guess it has to do with my localization in Kodi; is there any setting/hack I can apply to get the artwork in english? Thanks and great work!

Yup, Artwork Beef uses the language configured in Kodi as the preferred language for artwork. At the moment there isn't a way to change that, but I'll work on an option in the add-on settings to override the preferred language.
Great, thanks! [emoji2]
Is there anyway to see a report of whats just been downloaded like art downloader does?
Great work btw
(2017-08-15, 17:59)TheBigRoberto Wrote: Is there anyway to see a report of whats just been downloaded like art downloader does?
Great work btw

There is not, yet. I've had that on my todo list for a while now, but it's been fairly low priority. I do want to have that finished before I call Artwork Beef feature complete, though.
Thanks.
hi,
there are a lot of collections at themoviedb. i made a modification on one of them and this collection was deleted by themoviedb.
i think there would come another problem. i got an e-mail from a moderator at themoviedb. here is the content of it:

Quote:"Thanks for your contributions. Just one issue: I had to delete the Edgar Wallace collection you added. The reason is that it was against our collection rules. For a collection to be valid with the current rules, only proper sequels are allowed. That means that a storyline must continue over to the next movie and so on. We have one big exception to this rule and that is the James Bond collection. All other similar collections will be deleted.

For the future there are plans for adding collections for universes. Until then, however, we recommend using lists instead."

when we look at the collections, there are a lot were the storyline is not continuing. When all of them get deleted, no collections will be created in kodi too.
maybe it makes sense to build his own lists on themoviedb and query this with the own usernameHuh
That's strange.

i don't wanna go off topic, but seems to me that other collections (Jack Ryan Collection, for example)

https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/192492

Has different stories but same lead character (same as 007)
I also notice that they deleted the "Marvel One Shot" collection Sad .

Btw, collections are made and linked by the "set field" in the single movie info, if i m not wrong.

So i don't think that lists could be a proper way to solve this
For me, i use a media manager to tag my single movie NFO so my Kodi
would scrape it correctly.

Unfortunally i have to setup images manually in that way.
hi nikeb,

now i saw that another collection is deleted also. 4 movies in one collection with the same actors but different stories.Confused
what media manager you're using?
Great. Just added Artwork Beef and it overwrote all of my default artwork. Cheers Angry
(2017-08-25, 09:28)paddy75 Wrote: hi nikeb,

now i saw that another collection is deleted also. 4 movies in one collection with the same actors but different stories.Confused
what media manager you're using?

I m using TMM

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2637084
Movie set artwork can only be grabbed automatically from fanart.tv if it exists as a collection on The Movie DB, I can't search the API by title, nor is there a way to find artwork for user lists. The best that can be done with these in-between sets is to gather the artwork files yourself, then Artwork Beef can add them to the library like other local artwork (there's a paragraph in the first post under heading "From NFO and image files" about movie sets).

(2017-08-25, 10:03)KLoNe1 Wrote: Great. Just added Artwork Beef and it overwrote all of my default artwork. Cheers Angry

Artwork Beef should only force overwrite existing artwork if it is in your local file system as image files or from an NFO file next to your media files, or you use the GUI to change them yourself. If by 'default' you mean 'missing', as the default artwork of all media only includes basic artwork, then "Hurray!", that's exactly what Artwork Beef is supposed to do. Otherwise, please provide more information on how the results differ from what you expect.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5