• 11(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2017-11-07, 02:22)Guilouz Wrote: @rmrector

Here my french translation : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qF5FNyQ...sp=sharing

Works perfectly, thanks !  Smile
Hello,

I have acted on the options to retrieve saga posters from movie folders, but it does not recover them.
On some pockets I have empty images.
Yet he sees them if I am going to retrieve them manually:

Films folders:

Thank you very much for this remarkable work !
I have just released version 0.12.2 of Artwork Beef, with a fix for the missing web service IDs on Jarvis, a French translation by Guilouz, and I also gave the notification at the end of processing a quick rebobble so that it doesn't pop up over videos. Instead it's the last message of the progress bar, and most skins hide the progress bar when playing a video full screen (and often visualizations and maybe other instances), so it shouldn't be so bothersome.

I also released version 0.8.0 of Artwork Helper, which fixes Leia compatibility, and breaks compatibility with Jarvis and below. The previous version 0.7.1 is still available for them.
(2017-11-09, 01:09)wallacebw Wrote: ...
Thanks, I took a look at the mklocal.py and *should* be able to make this work to write the art with the media, but won't artwork beef end up in the same place of either seeing the 'local' or 'internet' art as new or does artworkbeef leverage the texture.imagehash field to validate content regardless of SRC?  

Artwork Beef will only automatically search for new artwork from web services if you have less than the amount configured in the add-on settings, but if there are fewer images available from the web services then that could still happen. For my use I keep the limit at 5, and select more for items that can really benefit. Exporting with Kodi will make the exported files look new to Artwork Beef, which it then adds to the existing URLs (then rearranges them so that they get assigned to the order that their filename determines), resulting in doubles. Using mklocal will actually replace the URLs with local file paths so the next time Artwork Beef comes around it doesn't need to do anything; local artwork is already in the library, and there is enough to satisfy number requested by the configuration, so it doesn't try to add more from the web services. Perhaps an option to always replace URLs when new local files are found would work a bit better for folks using Kodi's export.

(2017-11-09, 16:21)lepoilu Wrote: Hello,

I have acted on the options to retrieve saga posters from movie folders, but it does not recover them.
On some pockets I have empty images.

Thank you very much for this remarkable work !

Yeah, Artwork Beef doesn't support movie set artwork in the library directly next to media files, "movieset-poster.jpg" and the like. I hadn't seen those before, are you getting them from TinyMediaManager? My quick first impression is that I really do not like that approach; it leaves duplicate files everywhere, and can be a pain to make sure each of them is updated properly when artwork changes; each made all the more problematic by the number of artwork that is supported. I suggest using a central artwork directory for local movie set artwork.
Quote:
Quote:(2017-11-08, 18:09)wallacebw Wrote: ...
Thanks, I took a look at the mklocal.py and *should* be able to make this work to write the art with the media, but won't artwork beef end up in the same place of either seeing the 'local' or 'internet' art as new or does artworkbeef leverage the texture.imagehash field to validate content regardless of SRC?  

Artwork Beef will only automatically search for new artwork from web services if you have less than the amount configured in the add-on settings, but if there are fewer images available from the web services then that could still happen. For my use I keep the limit at 5, and select more for items that can really benefit. Exporting with Kodi will make the exported files look new to Artwork Beef, which it then adds to the existing URLs (then rearranges them so that they get assigned to the order that their filename determines), resulting in doubles. Using mklocal will actually replace the URLs with local file paths so the next time Artwork Beef comes around it doesn't need to do anything; local artwork is already in the library, and there is enough to satisfy number requested by the configuration, so it doesn't try to add more from the web services. Perhaps an option to always replace URLs when new local files are found would work a bit better for folks using Kodi's export.

Thanks, that's what I expected.  I'll toy with the idea of setting lower limits.
(2017-11-10, 04:02)rmrector Wrote: Yeah, Artwork Beef doesn't support movie set artwork in the library directly next to media files, "movieset-poster.jpg" and the like. I hadn't seen those before, are you getting them from TinyMediaManager? My quick first impression is that I really do not like that approach; it leaves duplicate files everywhere, and can be a pain to make sure each of them is updated properly when artwork changes; each made all the more problematic by the number of artwork that is supported. I suggest using a central artwork directory for local movie set artwork. 

Thank you for your reply.

Exactly, I use TMM.
The illustrations are all in the folder of the film. No need for additional folder, and if it is necessary to rebuild its database one does not use the data on line every time, at least the waiters do not force.

I thought it was functional:

Thank you.
(2017-11-10, 15:56)lepoilu Wrote: ..

Exactly, I use TMM.
The illustrations are all in the folder of the film. No need for additional folder, and if it is necessary to rebuild its database one does not use the data on line every time, at least the waiters do not force.

Thank you. 

Storing these images in a central directory keeps all the images locally for a rebuild or additional Kodi installs just as well, and avoids the noted file synchronization problems. That option is to pull artwork from a parent directory of the movies if that parent is for the movie set. For instance, if your movie folders are stored like "AllMovies/Alien Collection/Alien (1979)/Alien (1979).mkv", this will find movie set artwork stored like "AllMovies/Alien Collection/fanart.jpg". I don't like this strategy for other reasons, though, but it does also avoid the noted problems.

I haven't come across any other tools that work with movie set artwork stored this way, but I do see several that use the Movie Set Artwork Automator style, including TMM. It seems a bad idea to support a third option that introduces a new set of problems and isn't really supported.
Please go back notification for downloading.

I use 'RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=movie, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])' on my video dialog info screen for download all artworks for a selected item.

I have masked extended progress bar on video info screen and now with last git update I have no info of downloading state.

With your last update you have moved last message in progress bar, before that was a popup and that was better.
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2017-11-10, 23:01)rmrector Wrote:
(2017-11-10, 15:56)lepoilu Wrote: ..

Exactly, I use TMM.

Thank you. 

Storing these images in a central directory keeps all the images locally for a rebuild or additional Kodi installs just as well, and avoids the noted file synchronization problems. That option is to pull artwork from a parent directory of the movies if that parent is for the movie set. For instance, if your movie folders are stored like "AllMovies/Alien Collection/Alien (1979)/Alien (1979).mkv", this will find movie set artwork stored like "AllMovies/Alien Collection/fanart.jpg". I don't like this strategy for other reasons, though, but it does also avoid the noted problems.

I haven't come across any other tools that work with movie set artwork stored this way, but I do see several that use the Movie Set Artwork Automator style, including TMM. It seems a bad idea to support a third option that introduces a new set of problems and isn't really suppor    

I wanted to mention that Ember Media Manager also support Movie Set Artwork and stores it all in a central directory. I store all of my movies set artwork in a specific folder, it is a bad idea to store the movie set artwork in the same folder as the movie or parent directory, at the begining I had it like that but it didn't work well, I end up using a specific folder instead and no issue whatsoever, here is the link if you want to check out Ember Media Manager options for Movie sets, it also works along with MSAA and Artwork Downloader. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=319703
Hello,

There is also an option in TMM to save the illustrations of a set in a folder.
For the rest of the illustrations that are in the file of the film I have no problem.

Thanks for the link, I would watch how it works, I did not know Ember.
And another small release, 0.12.3.

- Fix: Properly check before removing missing local artwork
- Fix: tweak final notification

@Guilouz While I was working on that change I did still have it notify when working with individual items, but I must have over-simplified it right out of there. I've add the notification back for those cases, but the other processes that can run after library updates will still be attached to the progress bar. I may still look into providing users with more control over notifications and progress display in the future.

@wallacebw I was wrong about what happens with multiple fanart when exported from Kodi, and the limit should be the only thing that affects these duplicates from showing up, if you'd rather stick with Kodi's export. Artwork Beef does replace existing fanart URLs with local artwork paths, rather than adding them as new artwork, so the end result is similar to mklocal.
Hello,

It's still convenient to see notifications when adding files, I prefer.

Thank you for the work
I was just pointed to this addon, which looks amazing and exactly what I was looking for. Well done! I have a few questions:

* Are there plans to add this addon to the official repo?

* I understand from the opening post that this addon does not download the art to the movie folder. Is this still correct and is it possible to download it manually (e.g., through export library function?)

* What's the latest how extrafanart is handled? Centralized folder or within individual movie folders? Directly through the addon or part of a manual download process?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
I'm getting some errors in leia that's stopping me using the addon on my secondary profile.

I have two profiles on each of my boxes, on boxes 1&2 it's set to auto-login user 1 and on boxes 3&4 user 2.

For all of the boxes, I can use the addon fine but as soon as I logout and switch profiles, it throws up errors (trakt does as well) which stops the addon working.  switching back to the primary profile is fine and it works again.

xml:
14:26:58.010 T:9112 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(3, C:\Users\mail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\service.py): the python script "C:\Users\mail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\service.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: class XBMCAddon::xbmcgui:Big GrinialogProgressBG,class PythonBindings::XBMCAddon_xbmc_Monitor_Director

I think this error is from the plugin as well:

xml:
14:27:12.595 T:10884   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named urllib3
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\mail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\service.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                from lib.artworkprocessor import ArtworkProcessor
                                              File "C:\Users\mail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\artworkprocessor.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                from lib.gatherer import Gatherer
                                              File "C:\Users\mail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\gatherer.py", line 1, in <module>
                                                from lib import providers
                                              File "C:\Users\mail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\providers\__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
                                                from lib.providers.base import ProviderError
                                              File "C:\Users\mail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\providers\base.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                from requests.exceptions import HTTPError, Timeout, ConnectionError, RequestException
                                              File "C:\Users\mail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\__init__.py", line 43, in <module>
                                                import urllib3
                                            ImportError: No module named urllib3
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
@lepoilu I'll make sure that's an option when I revisit notifications and progress display.

@Guiloz Just in case you wanted to test it out, I figured out what was (probably) causing the fadelabel trick not to work for you: the tag <scrollout>false</scrollout> is also necessary on the fadelabel control. It was hiding in my "default.xml" file.

@steve1977 thanks.
I do intend to submit it to the official repo some day, but I have no clue when that might be. There are a few rough edges in what is supported (mostly related to local artwork files), and plenty that isn't yet supported (ditto), so for now I'm happy with the Beta tag and more adventurous users. I also want to stay more flexible for new features incoming for Leia that can change how Artwork Beef works and what it is really needed for. Artwork Helper is much more likely, as it can provide skins with some benefits that don't depend on Artwork Beef and won't need to change so drastically. I was hoping to come up with one or two more features for it before submission, but nothing has really come up, though I have found a couple of neat tricks possible with just skinning, no add-on necessary.

Multiple fanart are handled just like the single fanart, just with a number at the end for each one like 'fanart1', 'fanart2', and so on. They can be stored in individual movie folders and are added from web services in the same fashion as the other images. This change does require that skins access them differently than the classic extrafanart, but it had many problems and the new approach so nicely fits into Kodi's existing artwork handling that I just can't encourage the usage of the old method.

I addressed export methods in the other thread.

@Streggi That's odd. My best guess is that the add-on module "urllib3" has been disabled on the other profiles somehow. Log into the other profile, make sure the "Settings level" is Advanced or Expert, then navigate to "System Settings" -> "Add-ons" -> "Manage dependencies", then head down to "urllib3", open its info and make sure it is enabled. Restart Kodi and try switching profiles again. You may also try creating a new profile and see if that has the same error; I don't use profiles but I just created one to test this, and I could switch back and forth without a problem. The warning isn't an issue.
Thanks, perfect.

How are moviesets being handled? Can I point to a centralized folder where all art for sets is being created?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5