v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
Quote:
Quote:(2017-11-08, 18:09)wallacebw Wrote: ...
Thanks, I took a look at the mklocal.py and *should* be able to make this work to write the art with the media, but won't artwork beef end up in the same place of either seeing the 'local' or 'internet' art as new or does artworkbeef leverage the texture.imagehash field to validate content regardless of SRC?  

Artwork Beef will only automatically search for new artwork from web services if you have less than the amount configured in the add-on settings, but if there are fewer images available from the web services then that could still happen. For my use I keep the limit at 5, and select more for items that can really benefit. Exporting with Kodi will make the exported files look new to Artwork Beef, which it then adds to the existing URLs (then rearranges them so that they get assigned to the order that their filename determines), resulting in doubles. Using mklocal will actually replace the URLs with local file paths so the next time Artwork Beef comes around it doesn't need to do anything; local artwork is already in the library, and there is enough to satisfy number requested by the configuration, so it doesn't try to add more from the web services. Perhaps an option to always replace URLs when new local files are found would work a bit better for folks using Kodi's export.

Thanks, that's what I expected.  I'll toy with the idea of setting lower limits.

Messages In This Thread
Artwork Helper version 0.7.0 - by rmrector - 2016-10-11, 11:30
RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - by wallacebw - 2017-11-10, 15:09
Extrafanart - by stephen147 - 2018-05-15, 20:59
RE: Artwork Beef Context Menu - by berkhornet - 2018-09-25, 11:49
Artwork changing by itself - by crazyhands911 - 2020-05-18, 00:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5