• 14(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2017-12-30, 06:07)bobrap Wrote: If I understand correctly, extrafanart is supported, but does not place them in the extrafanart directory.  Will that eventually change? 

Not likely. Kodi already has a file name convention for saving all artwork in the library; I will need a good reason to go against that convention.
(2017-12-30, 20:32)rmrector Wrote:
(2017-12-30, 06:07)bobrap Wrote: If I understand correctly, extrafanart is supported, but does not place them in the extrafanart directory.  Will that eventually change? 

Not likely. Kodi already has a file name convention for saving all artwork in the library; I will need a good reason to go against that convention. 
 Thanks for replying.  I think I may be confused.  The way I understand it, Kodi does not natively support extrafanart.  That is retrieved by external add-ons like artwork downloader, Ember, Media companion, Etc.  Your add-on does kinda the same thing, but, doesn't put the extrafanarts in the extrafanart directory.  If I got this all wrong, I apologize.  Your add-on just keeps getting better and better.  Thank you for that!
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Hi.

I'm getting an Artwork Beef error message on my Kodi (Leia) setup.

Is there anybody of you who can point me in the right derection to fix this?

From the log:

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                           Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                           Error Contents: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf6 in position 13: invalid start byte
                                           Traceback (most recent call last):
                                           File "C:\Users\Mediasenter\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\service.py", line 252, in <module>
                                           ArtworkService().run()

Full log:
https://pastebin.com/EjmDZGUQ

I don't know anything about programming, so the log doesn't really give me any useful information..

Some info: I'm using Win10 and running Kodi v18 "Leia" nightly.
I've had this issue for a time now, and I've tried to reinstall the addon with no luck.
(2017-12-30, 20:42)bobrap Wrote:  Thanks for replying.  I think I may be confused.  The way I understand it, Kodi does not natively support extrafanart.  That is retrieved by external add-ons like artwork downloader, Ember, Media companion, Etc.  Your add-on does kinda the same thing, but, doesn't put the extrafanarts in the extrafanart directory.  If I got this all wrong, I apologize.  Your add-on just keeps getting better and better.  Thank you for that!  

Ohh ya, Artwork Beef does something differently for multiple fanart. Kodi supports freely named artwork in the library, which Artwork Beef uses to add more than one fanart. Skins need to do something different to access them, but this performs so much better than the classic extrafanart that it's worth it. When I moved the documentation from the first post this info got moved to "Skin support".

@kardesken I am not sure what's going wrong here, and I can't recreate it. Can you upgrade to the latest nightly and try again? It seems to be with gathering a list of music videos, did this problem start after adding a music video, maybe one with a character in the title that doesn't display correctly? I do have an idea that might fix this, but I can't recreate it so it's more of a guess. If all else fails I can add more details to the error message in the next version to help point the way.
I don't really have music videos in my library. 
I also update to the latest nightly quite often with no luck.

My suspicion is that I have some other addons interfering with Artwork Beef.
It might be easier to reinstall Kodi, than uninstall all addons to figure out if that's the case Smile

Don't spend any time on this issue, I just wanted to ask if you had seen it before by chance.

Thanks
And rather quickly another big feature update! This one is for adventurous Kodi 18 Leia nightly users (requires a nightly after Dec 29), and supports extended artwork for items in the music library.

This feature nicely hides itself away on Kodi 17 and earlier, but on earlier Leia nighties the add-on will crash unceremoniously if you access a music library related function. It doesn't support local artwork yet. Skins can access artwork like artist logos just like the video library, from ListItem and Container. Great thanks to @DaveBlake for the hard work of implementing the missing bits in Kodi, and continuing to polish it up.

There is also a crash fix for Jarvis and fix a possible crash with the music library.

@kardesken That does kinda sound like something funkier than usual. I added the possible fix anyway (it is more correct), and a quick extra debug log if it still happens with a fresh start.
Hi rmrector,

I just see you have added support for music artworks and I'm working to add support in my skin but I have a problem, clearlogo is working in artist window but not in albums and songs windows. I use $INFO[ListItem.Art(clearlogo)] to show them.

Any idea ?
 Estuary MOD V2 
I knew I would forget to mention something. At the moment the only artist artwork that can be pulled up from an album or song ListItem is the fanart, and no album artwork is available from a song ListItem if the song has any of its own artwork (like a thumb/cover). Ditto "Player.Art" for now playing music. Dave is working on that, but in the meantime all artist and album artwork is available on MyMusicNav and DialogMusicInfo from the container as "Container.Art(artist.clearlogo)", if it's not a playlist or other mixed list.
(2018-01-03, 22:34)rmrector Wrote: I knew I would forget to mention something. At the moment the only artist artwork that can be pulled up from an album or song ListItem is the fanart, and no album artwork is available from a song ListItem if the song has any of its own artwork (like a thumb/cover). Ditto "Player.Art" for now playing music. Dave is working on that, but in the meantime all artist and album artwork is available on MyMusicNav and DialogMusicInfo from the container as "Container.Art(artist.clearlogo)", if it's not a playlist or other mixed list.
 Yes it's working with 'Container.Art(artist.clearlogo)' but for Player.Art, clearlogo, banner and clearart not working, only cdart.

And I have found a little issue, when you choose 'Get missing artworks' in context menu for an selected artist, album or song, it's download all artworks from music library and not for only selected artist/album or song (like for movies).

And try to use button on music info to download artworks for selected artist/album/song, but it's the same, it download all music artworks
Code:
<include content="InfoDialogButton">
                        <param name="id" value="104" />
                        <param name="icon" value="icons/infodialogs/download.png" />
                        <param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[40239]" />
                        <param name="onclick_1" value="RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=artist, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])" />
                        <param name="condition_1" value="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,artist)" />
                        <param name="onclick_2" value="RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=album, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])" />
                        <param name="condition_2" value="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,album)" />
                        <param name="onclick_3" value="RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=song, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])" />
                        <param name="condition_3" value="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,song)" />
                        <param name="visible" value="System.HasAddon(script.artwork.beef) + [String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,artist) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,album) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,song)]" />
                    </include>
 Estuary MOD V2 
Hey there,

Much awaited addon, since it seems the default Artwork Downloader is quite outdated and not supported. It seems to work perfect fetching and auto downloading/updating artwork! Two things, though:

• I am using the latest (fuse)neue skin, and it seems it does not detect the fanart unless it matches the Artwork Downloader structure (no movie title in filenames, fanart in separate folders, etc.) Am I missing some setting? If not, is there any chance for an option for Artwork Beef to handle fanart the same way Artwork Downloader does; or is there any workouround I can apply rather than manually reorganizing fanart?

• Also, is there a chance to include an option to automatically copy select artwork to a common folder (for creating slideshows, etc.)?

Thank you,

D.
@Guilouz Thanks, I'll have a fix for the context items/buttons soon.

@demonizator Multiple fanart is handled differently (placed in the Kodi library like poster and clearlogo and such), and skins need to do something different to display them. This performs better (plus other benefits) that I really don't want to create more classic extrafanart. It's fairly straightforward for a skinner to implement, but probably not for a non-skinner to add in.

I don't intend to duplicate artwork unnecessarily. Skins can easily make slideshows out of the library itself (it's in that last link), and Skin Helper Service (that skin depends on it already) also has options for them.
@rmrector Thanks for the prompt and detailed reply. I already contacted the skin author about your addon, hopefully he will reply soon. In the meantime, I will read your documentation on skin support. I am no skinner (yet?), but have never been afraid to dig in some code ;)
@rmrector

Do you need to update your Artwork Helper addon to use extrafanarts with artists/albums and songs ?

Working fo artists :  plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/listitem/?refresh=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&amp;&amp;arttype=fanart

Not working for albums and songs : plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/listitem/?refresh=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&amp;&amp;arttype=artist.fanart
 Estuary MOD V2 
Well... I may change my mind about adding extrafanart. We do need a replacement for Artwork Downloader, or at the very least a patch for the API keys, and I think Artwork Beef is in better shape. Since I've done very little to pitch my multiple fanart changes to skin designers in the past nearly two years I suppose I can spare the 20 lines of code for an option to save multiple fanart to extrafanart so that they both work.

Number two is a bit more control over files. At least an optional recycle bin for deselected/replaced artwork, so that deselected fanart can be removed from the file system. Music library file support will come later as Leia matures, maybe moving around files later still.

Number three: what doesn't work the way you want it to, enough that I should give it a look before submission? Multiple movie thumbnails may come later, but maybe there are still some other bits that annoy other folks.

@Guilouz The plugin uses InfoLabels like skins, so it gets caught with the same thing: only exactly "fanart" is available from those ListItems.
(2018-01-06, 05:56)rmrector Wrote: Well... I may change my mind about adding extrafanart. We do need a replacement for Artwork Downloader, or at the very least a patch for the API keys, and I think Artwork Beef is in better shape. Since I've done very little to pitch my multiple fanart changes to skin designers in the past nearly two years I suppose I can spare the 20 lines of code for an option to save multiple fanart to extrafanart so that they both work.

Number two is a bit more control over files. At least an optional recycle bin for deselected/replaced artwork, so that deselected fanart can be removed from the file system. Music library file support will come later as Leia matures, maybe moving around files later still.

Number three: what doesn't work the way you want it to, enough that I should give it a look before submission? Multiple movie thumbnails may come later, but maybe there are still some other bits that annoy other folks.

@Guilouz The plugin uses InfoLabels like skins, so it gets caught with the same thing: only exactly "fanart" is available from those ListItems.
But not working with albums and songs windows, only with artists.

I have try :

'plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/listitem/?refresh=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&amp;&amp;arttype=fanart' not working

'plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/listitem/?refresh=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&amp;&amp;arttype=artist.fanart' not working

'plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/listitem/?refresh=$INFO[ListItem.Artist]&amp;&amp;arttype=fanart' not working

'plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/listitem/?refresh=$INFO[ListItem.Artist]&amp;&amp;arttype=artist.fanart' not working

What is the proper syntax to use ?

EDIT : Working with plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/smartseries/?title=$INFO[ListItem.Artist]

How I can use extrafanarts on music visualisation (Player.Art(fanart)) ?
 Estuary MOD V2 
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5