• 22(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
I'm experiencing a bug that makes newly added series get merged into one.

Steps to reproduce are :

Copy 2 different series (just a few episodes for each) to a folder. Make sure that the 2 series aren't in your collection already.
Add that folder to kodi's library. Mark "exclude this path from collection update" so kodi doesn't auto add all files.

With artwork beef enabled:
Enter that folder using kodi's file browser, press INFO on the first serie, wait it finish adding to DB and artwork beef download stuff.
Now press INFO on the second serie, wait.
Now go check your collection, both series will be merged on the second serie you added.

If you disable artwork beef, then kodi adds both series as it should, separate from each other.

Seems to be some kind of off by one error, if you add an empty folder to kodi, set it as series, leave the path with auto update enabled (the default) and then copy your whole series collection to that folder and trigger a collection scan it makes a HUGE mess.
@drwyrm

Maybe I have misunderstood your post, but it reads like you are putting episode files from two different series into the one folder. Is that what you are doing?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Different folders, same kodi source. Like:

/media/series/serieX
/media/series/serieX/serieX 1x01.mp4
/media/series/serieY
/media/series/serieY/serieY 1x01.mp4

Folder "series" is what you add as a kodi source/origin. Then in the file browser you press INFO on "serieX" it gets added to the collection, AB downloads stuff, etc.. The you press INFO again, on "serieY", and episodes from both series get merged in the collection as "serieY" (with two ep1, two ep2, etc..).

It only happens if I use AB, and even if I set it to not download stuff automatically, in which case, it happens right after I download manually from the context menu. I can add 10 series in a row, they will all have separate entries in the collection, as soon as I click "download missing artwork" in the manage menu, the next serie I add will get merged with the one I just clicked "download missing artwork". It's weird...
@manfeed Local artwork for the music library is not yet supported, but imminent. However, it will only add artist artwork from the "Artist information folder" setting added to Kodi in 18 Leia. It will also prefer album artwork here, but can find and optionally save album artwork mixed in with media items if all songs for one album are in a single folder, and don't share that folder with songs from any other album.

You can move the images from the "extrafanart" folder to the artists directory next to "clearlogo.png" as "fanart1.jpg", "fanart2.jpg" and so on, and Artwork Beef will add them to the library.

@Powerhouse Kodi 18 has more changes that enable Artwork Beef to work with music artwork effectively, so I'd have to recreate a chunk of Kodi behavior to make that work, which isn't a good use of my time. After I release the next version, you can try Kodi 18 in portable mode on a Windows PC; copy your music database from Kodi 17, rescan your music library (a MusicBrainz ID is missing from Kodi 17 so Artwork Beef won't find any album artwork from web services), then configure and run Artwork Beef.

@stephen147 curious, it works from here. Does your device have internet access, do scrapers work? This may happen occasionally due to capacity issues, but not all the time. Have you changed something about the network, maybe a proxy?

@drwyrm That is baffling. Do the episodes from seriesX have the correct title and plot, or is that copied from the same episode number in seriesY? We'll probably need the debug log to figure this one out. And can you try out one more testing scenario: with Artwork Beef's automatic process enabled, press INFO to add a new series, head to your library and refresh that series, let AB process that series again, then go back to the file browser and add a second series with INFO. After that, are the two combined or separate?
(2018-03-06, 05:58)rmrector Wrote: @stephen147 curious, it works from here. Does your device have internet access, do scrapers work? This may happen occasionally due to capacity issues, but not all the time. Have you changed something about the network, maybe a proxy?
I've tried a fresh install of your plug but no luck. I use poster.jpg instead of movie_poster.jpg. Maybe that has something to do with it? I have the correct APIs in the .py files and your settings. I might have to do a fresh install of the nightly and see if that works.

Answers:
Scrapers work fine.
My NAS is 26TB over a 10GbE network so issues with capacity or speed.
Internet access is working while scraping artwork with ABeef.
I don't use any proxies.

PS Could you add the other artwork API entries to the UI? Thanks.
(2018-03-06, 05:58)rmrector Wrote: @drwyrm That is baffling. Do the episodes from seriesX have the correct title and plot, or is that copied from the same episode number in seriesY? We'll probably need the debug log to figure this one out. And can you try out one more testing scenario: with Artwork Beef's automatic process enabled, press INFO to add a new series, head to your library and refresh that series, let AB process that series again, then go back to the file browser and add a second series with INFO. After that, are the two combined or separate?
 The episodes have the correct title, plot and artwork, they are just linked to the wrong serie. I will do the test as requested and report back. Probably with a video showing the buggy behaviour.
Ok, If I refresh the serieY, after it was merged, then it separates it in serieX and serieY again, fixing the collection to what it should be. But only if I do a full refresh from the internet, if I choose to use local .nfo files, then it remains merged.

Maybe something wrong when parsing the tvshow.nfo files? These were exported by kodi's export function I think (or maybe artwork downloader). Also notice (you will see in the beginning of the video), that this merging thing only happens if I enable AB.

tvshow.nfo from the "almost human" folder: https://pastebin.com/PBFLhhUd
tvshow.nfo from the "believe" folder: https://pastebin.com/tU1XjExw

Video showing the full test is uploading, I will post a link after it's done.

EDIT: As for the test you requested (had to redo it, as I misread the first time): If I do exactly as you say, with an extra refresh in the serieX in the collection before adding serieY, then the two series never get merged, stay separate.

EDIT2: Here are the videos:
1. Video shows the expected behaviour with AB disabled, and then the bug with AB enabled, at the end it shows that an extra refresh separates the series again.
https://mega.nz/#!5wpnDARA!eOVhZoDsswH_T...K7tvWy8ZVE

2. This is the test you requested.
https://mega.nz/#!UwhXyCyB!LbqfllKf10nLv...l_Xf7zj0tI
Deleted
@Arthur Dent, perhaps you didn't read the Wiki (https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies) regarding naming and location of Movies.

The Kodi Perfered way (see section 2.1, separate folder per Movie), and the way you did it (see section 2.2, one folder will all Movies in it). Please read under section 2.2, which states...
 There are disadvantages using this method:
  • With larger libraries, this method can become untidy and cumbersome to maintain
  • If you use nfo files and save local artwork, the folder will become even more cluttered
  • Some Artwork add-ons will not work with this method as they require a Movie Folder
  • Saving locally stored Artwork will be problematic and, in some cases, impossible to use.
Deleted
While your issue isn't Artwork Beef related, and I hate to take up space in this thread to fix a non-related issue. There are 3 things you can do...

1. Fix your Movies to all be in separate folders. Requires some work on your part, but there are tools (http://www.therenamer.com/) that automate it. This will allow you to use the full glory of Artwork Beef, and fix any future problems you have (and is the Kodi recommended way to do it).

2. Delete your Textures.13 (or whatever number the current version is) cache (or use a program to clean it - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272112). If this creates problems (missing artwork when re-building the cache), then see option 3 below.

3. Remove your Movie Library, and re-add it (probably the easiest of the 3 options to do - and the least time consuming).
Deleted
@Arthur Dent

An unexpected reaction to Powerhouse reply which I thought was being helpful and not condescending in any way.
(2018-03-02, 16:12)Dumyat Wrote:
(2018-02-25, 12:03)rmrector Wrote: @Dumyat Everything that I can imagine you need to start using it is in the documentation, and there is page titled First usage that has what I think you should know before or just after the first usage, if you want to modify its behavior beyond the basic idea in the first two sentences of the first post.

To copy just certain types of files with full directory structure (like jpg, png, and gif, the files Artwork Beef might delete or replace), try the selected answer here for Windows, or the top answer here for Linux/mac. The end result can easily be copied back over the full library should something happen that you don't like.

I will have a handful of related changes that may help: I have another change to file handling in the upcoming version that resolves a theoretical cause of unexpectedly deleted artwork, though I haven't come up with a practical way it could have happened. I will adjust the one setting that could affect existing artwork files so that it is disabled by default. I've revisited the text of a few of the other settings to hopefully make them clearer. I'll explicitly document the expected changes to existing artwork files, by default and with the few switches that affect them. I'll probably disable the automatic processing by default, then explicitly document that it must be enabled if desired. The default install will then do absolutely nothing automatically and won't affect files until you flip one of a few documented switches in the add-on settings. Beyond that, my suggestion is to use it to see how it works.
That's great.....Thanks for all the info.
I will have good look at everything over the weekend. Like you say, probably best thing is to give it try and see how things work.
Cheers      
Quick update. Did a first run last night and was indeed pretty painless and fairly straight forward to set-up with the help of your documentation as a guide, although I did notice a few artwork changes afterwards and couldn't really figure out why they changed, particularly my landscape images for some reason. Anyway, tbh these new images seem to be of a much higher quality and standard and look pretty damn cool in my collection now....
I presume for any new artwork found, it's then just a simple case of using the download option if you want local artwork (which is my own preference)?
When I used to run AD, after it had completed I would normally then export my library to create/update my local NFO files. I guess I can continue doing this with AB?
After the files were processed and artwork was found, I did update a few of the landscape images and whilst they did change at the time, when I opened Kodi today most (not all) of the images I changed had reverted back to what they were originally. Again, I could really figure out what I might have done to cause that to happen. Is there something I maybe missed?
What would be the best way for me to continue creating manual artwork entries, which I do on occasion.....Just pop them into my local folder(s) and let AB pick them up at processing stage? Had to change a variable on 2/3 of my skin views, as I wasn't getting posters images for movies, but I got that sorted, so everything seems to be good again now. Next step is to test with my music library. Really hope after AB does it biz, my CD artwork will start showing up again in Kodi Smile Been missing it for a while now...... Sad
Cheers

Oh crap, meant to also mention I have a few TV show and movie entries, that only appear to be currently showing when focused. When unfocused, they are currently showing the default poster/landscape image. Was curious if anybody else has experienced this same behaviour?
“Had to change a variable on 2/3 of my skin views, as I wasn't getting posters images for movies, but I got that sorted,”

Curious, do you mean you weren’t getting any or just some? What was the skin variable?
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5