• 23(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2018-03-07, 22:13)Kokonutcreme Wrote: “Had to change a variable on 2/3 of my skin views, as I wasn't getting posters images for movies, but I got that sorted,”

Curious, do you mean you weren’t getting any or just some? What was the skin variable?
Yeah, I ported a couple a views from a Mod that is now dead into my own Estuary Mod and wasn't getting Movie posters for those specific views + also the Default shift view in Estuary. Strangely though, the exact same views would all return posters for my TV shows. The Variable used on these views was $VAR[ShiftThumbVar]. I replaced this with $VAR[PosterVar] and everything is now good.....(I hope) Smile
Tongue 
(2018-03-07, 21:33)Arthur Dent Wrote:
(2018-03-07, 21:21)Powerhouse Wrote:  
You know what. Never mind. You and people like you are the reason I hate most forums. I may not be using the "recommended" way to store movies, but it is listed as an accepted method or it would say DO NOT DO THIS. AB certainly should not have taken artwork out of a subfolder that is named for a particular movie and applied it to every single movie file. I was just bringing it to the AB authors attention so that he could maybe fix it, and looking for help here since 1)AB caused this and 2)The author may have suggestions that are particular to my situation. But I will figure out how to fix my shit on my own and stay away from condescending a-holes like yourself.

Feel free to delete your post so that it does not take up any forum space. I will return at some point and delete mine as well. 
 Me and people like me, you mean people that are trying to help you, but you don't understand how Kodi works, and blame it on something, or someone else?

So just for your information, AB did nothing with the Artwork (which is why I said it shouldn't have been in this forum), but Kodi did. So your actual reply should have been....if not AB then how did this happen? In which I would have said that since you have a single extra fanart folder in your Movies folder, Kodi will use that single folder for all your Movies Fanart. But just removing said folder, wont clear all the database entries in Kodi (and the cache in Kodi) that still have that image. Which Is why I gave you three options to fix it.

And, btw, if I was being condescending, I would have just said read the Wiki newb, and nothing else.
Deleted
Deleted
(2018-03-07, 22:51)Arthur Dent Wrote:  "While your issue isn't Artwork Beef related, and I hate to take up space in this thread to fix a non-related issue. There are 3 things you can do..."

You don't think this sounds condescending?
Actually, no it does not. In that statement @Powerhouse has advised you that the fault may not lie with Artwork Beef, has then subtly apologised to @rmrector for going off topic in his thread, and then proceeded to offer you 3 valid solutions.

Where is the condescension in that?

(2018-03-07, 22:51)Arthur Dent Wrote: Along with his other post, "perhaps you didn't read the wiki", he sounds condescending as hell to me.
Again, I don't believe that is condescension, but a pointer to read the wiki which holds a lot of valuable information. He has even served you the relevant pages to read.

Now to the main issue. Your First Warning
You have become abusive and disrespectful to members that have done nothing but tried to assist you. I understand you may be frustrated with what has happened to your library, but there is no reason to vent that frustration on members.

Please treat the forum and the community with respect.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-03-08, 01:07)Karellen Wrote:
(2018-03-07, 22:51)Arthur Dent Wrote:  "While your issue isn't Artwork Beef related, and I hate to take up space in this thread to fix a non-related issue. There are 3 things you can do..."

You don't think this sounds condescending?
Actually, no it does not. In that statement @Powerhouse has advised you that the fault may not lie with Artwork Beef, has then subtly apologised to @rmrector for going off topic in his thread, and then proceeded to offer you 3 valid solutions.

Where is the condescension in that?
(2018-03-07, 22:51)Arthur Dent Wrote: Along with his other post, "perhaps you didn't read the wiki", he sounds condescending as hell to me.
Again, I don't believe that is condescension, but a pointer to read the wiki which holds a lot of valuable information. He has even served you the relevant pages to read.

Now to the main issue. Your First Warning
You have become abusive and disrespectful to members that have done nothing but tried to assist you. I understand you may be frustrated with what has happened to your library, but there is no reason to vent that frustration on members.

Please treat the forum and the community with respect. 
 I am actually not frustrated in the least with what happened to my library. In fact, it happened weeks ago and I just got around to looking into it. I know I can fix it. That isn't the issue at all. If Powerhouse truly did not mean to be condescending, then he needs to work on his choice of words, because he is using a style that is typically done in a way that appears innocuous, but is not. I am looking for the option to delete my account now. This is the fist time in years that I tried to participate in a new forum and I see now that I just need to stay in my own neck of the woods. KODI is a great piece of software and Artwork Beef seems like it is what will be a great add-on. But you aren't going to convince me that Powerhouse wasn't just trying to show that he had the answers and believed me to be some noob that hadn't read anything.
You need to understand forums a little bit better. "Natural conversation", such as face to face communication, has the benefit of visual and audio cues that go a long way in preventing misunderstandings. Things like facial expressions, body gestures, vocal inflections, etc. Also add in the fact that this is a global forum and not all members are native English speakers.

All those cues are missing on forums, so you need to make allowances for that. We all do. Personally I have been caught out many times when I have re-read my posts and realised it could be interpreted in a manner that was not intended, and I end up editing my posts.

There is nothing else I need to convince you of, and if you want to believe what you believe, then so be it. Smile

To close your account, please make the request here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=291734
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I have release version 0.18.0. The major feature is local artwork for the music library. Artist artwork will only be processed in the "Artist information folder" option added in Kodi 18 under "Media settings", "Music", "Library". Album and song artwork is also preferred here, but can frequently be located next to song files. See documentation for details. Just like the video library this requires web service IDs stored in the Kodi database to grab artwork from web services (these IDs can be added to your file tags with MusicBrainz Picard). For the music library it uses MusicBrainz Artist, Release, Release Group, and Track IDs. If you've upgraded the music library from Kodi 17 you must rescan your music sources in Kodi and do a full tag scan.

Another feature is separate options to enable/disable downloading artwork by media type. I've also moved and reworded some options to clear up their meaning, and default options are rearranged to avoid doing anything automatically without configuration. Double check the add-on settings after upgrading.

It won't run directly from source anymore: API keys have been removed from the source code. Individuals can copy the file containing the API keys from the latest released version. See the README for details, if you really need to run from source; most people do not. I rewrote the whole git history, so you'll have to reset your local branch to get updated.

@stephen147 That's an error with Fanart.tv, nothing to do with your local files. Capacity issues are also about web services over the internet. I've changed the error message to include more detail. Upgrade to 0.18.0 (stable, not from source), then give it a try before changing ".py" files. 401 Client Error likely means you have the wrong API key (in the ".py" file, not in settings). Otherwise post the new error.

No other web services have API keys that users should be changing. They are meant to track projects.

@drwyrm That refresh in between was a test, and I think the result means that Kodi does something a bit differently when scanning in a TV show this way vs the other. Do series stay split like they are supposed to when they are added with a library update when "exclude this path from collection update" is disabled, then Artwork Beef after? I assumed this was yes but I better make sure. I'll try to recreate this.

@Dumyat The options in the add-on settings will download all processed artwork automatically, if you'd like. You can use Kodi's export for NFO, but don't export images that way. If you have local artwork then you need to have "Download artwork for processed ..." enabled to replace that local artwork, or Artwork Beef will pick the original local artwork back up. It always prefers local artwork. Kodi is responsible for noticing changes to local artwork, and I think it checks about every 24 hours.

Images being different when the image is focused or unfocused is either Kodi or the skin. Kodi can do it if it takes a bit too long to cache the first time an image is shown. If you head to the home window, then navigate back to the media item the images should show up as expected. A full Kodi restart may also help. If it's still not showing then maybe it's the skin using slightly different info for the focused and unfocused items.
(2018-03-09, 09:50)rmrector Wrote: @drwyrm That refresh in between was a test, and I think the result means that Kodi does something a bit differently when scanning in a TV show this way vs the other. Do series stay split like they are supposed to when they are added with a library update when "exclude this path from collection update" is disabled, then Artwork Beef after? I assumed this was yes but I better make sure. I'll try to recreate this.
No, with "exclude this path from collection update" disabled, it still merges series. I started checking this option to avoid the bug after it made a mess on a full library scan because my downloader triggers automatic scans after a finished download.

The problem really is related to the .NFO files, they were exported by an ancient version of Kodi at least 3 years ago. I removed all .nfo files and rescanned(same full scan that made a mess earlier) the directory tree and the problem no longer happened. I have a backup of the .nfo files here that I made in case you want to try to reproduce it.
Here is the backup of all the nfos I renamed to avoid the bug, directory structure preserved: https://mega.nz/#!5oBgSQQT!cpImi_3WMQ27r...bWfSmXMSWg
Hi, may I just ask where the Option to Store the downloaded files locally is in the newest Update?
Before I downloaded Art and it was just cached locally on the Machine I assume. Today I downloaded Art and it was written directly into the Source Folder.
i couldn't figure out why exactly to be honest.
Since the latest version was installed, Beef has now filled my TV Shows folders with "-thumb" jpgs, one for each episode, which I don't particularly want. I can't see any option to disable this, so how can I turn it off please?
Yes, I have asked basically the same, with the latest Version it began to write Artworks in the Source Folder, can't seem to find the option for it.
@drwyrm curious. I added a few of the series with NFO you posted and they didn't merge after adding them fresh and running Artwork Beef. If you want NFO files, can you try exporting NFOs from Kodi, then try adding them fresh to see if this happens with the new ones. Otherwise, if you're happy I'm happy.

@D-m-x If you disable the "Download artwork for processed ..." options in Artwork Beef then Kodi is responsible for downloading images directly to its cache when the image is shown by a skin. Artwork Beef otherwise only provides a couple of options for choosing where to download artwork, just for movie sets and music artwork (based on the Kodi setting).

@renzz There isn't an option to disable downloading of individual art types. Disable the Artwork Beef option "Download artwork for processed episodes" if you don't want Artwork Beef to download any artwork for episodes. Under "Advanced" "files" enable the option "Replace episode 'thumb' with Kodi generated thumb" to remove the "thumb" image added by the scraper, or you can enable the option "Disable all automatic processing for episodes" if you don't need episode fanart at all.

Edit: Sorry guys, found the problem. 0.18.1 will be coming soon to fix it.
Edit 2: 0.18.1 released with a fix for downloading images even though the switch is disabled. I also changed the text for these options from "Download artwork ..." to "Download image files ...".
Getting ready to install the add-on and noticed the Install date reads "01/01/1601 12:00:00AM".

Is this anything to be concerned about?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2018-03-11, 02:33)rmrector Wrote: @drwyrm curious. I added a few of the series with NFO you posted and they didn't merge after adding them fresh and running Artwork Beef. If you want NFO files, can you try exporting NFOs from Kodi, then try adding them fresh to see if this happens with the new ones. Otherwise, if you're happy I'm happy.

@D-m-x If you disable the "Download artwork for processed ..." options in Artwork Beef then Kodi is responsible for downloading images directly to its cache when the image is shown by a skin. Artwork Beef otherwise only provides a couple of options for choosing where to download artwork, just for movie sets and music artwork (based on the Kodi setting).

@renzz There isn't an option to disable downloading of individual art types. Disable the Artwork Beef option "Download artwork for processed episodes" if you don't want Artwork Beef to download any artwork for episodes. Under "Advanced" "files" enable the option "Replace episode 'thumb' with Kodi generated thumb" to remove the "thumb" image added by the scraper, or you can enable the option "Disable all automatic processing for episodes" if you don't need episode fanart at all.

Edit: Sorry guys, found the problem. 0.18.1 will be coming soon to fix it.
Edit 2: 0.18.1 released with a fix for downloading images even though the switch is disabled. I also changed the text for these options from "Download artwork ..." to "Download image files ...".
Thanks, I disabled downloading to local because my Source isn't always accessible. I combined that with texturecache Script so I'm not seeing any delay. The fix is working quite well, I've had it always disabled but due to the Bug it filled my source with Files.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5