• 26(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
Hello @rmrector

I have been following your thread for quite a while now, and thought I would give it a try on my main kodi install- v17.6 on Win10 HTPC. Having read the mistakes other people had made, I felt quite confident that I could navigate around them. So last week I installed Artwork Beef and let it do its thing.

My entire library is populated with local artwork. After I installed Artwork Beef, I started noticing that my local artwork was disappearing out of the movie or tv show folders. These seemed to be limited to Poster, logo and clearart. I initially noticed it on one TV Show that I was editing and simply thought I may have accidentally deleted the images. But then I noticed it was happening to a lot of tv shows. The artwork is still visible in Kodi, it is just no longer in the movie or tv show folder.

Today, while trying to problem solve an issue for another member, I came across a new folder located here... C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\cache\recycledartwork\ So I now found all my missing artwork. I now have 513 movie and tv show folders created in that "recycledartwork" folder which holds hundreds of artwork files that have to be moved back to their original location.

My question is, why has this happened?

I have read your comments that artwork beef does not interfere with Local artwork, but my experience is that it does.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen

Sounds identical to my experience running AB from programs for the first time. Wasn’t aware of that folder location but will check.

I can confirm that behaviour hasn’t repeated when I’ve run AB from programs since the first run.

Posters and fanart weren’t affected only additional artwork. initial config I didn’t select those options as only needed additional artwork.
@rmrector. Thanks for the update. I found two minor things.

- AWB's logfile is empty, when I want to check it in Kodi 17.6 on Android.

-AWB downloads season banners occasionnaly although I have disabled this option. If I remember it correctly it only applies for season 4.

I'm using the latest version of AWB.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

(2018-03-28, 02:24)Karellen Wrote: Today, while trying to problem solve an issue for another member, I came across a new folder located here... C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\cache\recycledartwork\ So I now found all my missing artwork. I now have 513 movie and tv show folders created in that "recycledartwork" folder which holds hundreds of artwork files that have to be moved back to their original location.

I have read your comments that artwork beef does not interfere with Local artwork, but my experience is that it does.
Check the documentation (https://rmrector.github.io/script.artwor...fromfiles/), but I believe you have to run Artwork Beef again, to re-populate (download) all new Artwork. 

These types of issues (believe me I feel your pain), are why I didn't enable Movies and TV Shows Artwork to be added. As my library has 3.8K Movies, and 800+ TV Series, which would be a major pain in the ass to have to fix.

The only thing I did add for Movies was Sets, which I had AB create a new folder under Movies (called Artwork Sets), which it then proceeded to create Movie Set folders for all my Sets (around 120 Movie Sets), and populate each with appropriate Movie Set artwork (for use with the Movie Set Artwork Automater add-on).
Thanks @Powerhouse for pointing out the wiki page.

cpp:
The add-on setting “Recycle deleted and replaced files to temp/cache directory” will move deleted and replaced artwork to Kodi’s temp or cache directory.

All I can say is that I did not remove or replace any artwork. I ran it the first time to load artwork for the 6 movies I had just ripped, I have not edited any existing artwork. I certainly have not edited artwork for 513 movies and tv shows!! And I certainly have not replaced 685 images from my library. This is something it did on its own.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@rmrector So I noticed in your Artwork Beef documentation (under Image Files), you have the following...
  • Code:
    ... /[Artist information folder]/[artist name]/[album name]/discart.png
     for album artwork
However, using previous Add-On's (Artwork Downloader and CDart), that I have the files cdart.png, and disc.png. So using your label, I will now have 3 different labels for the actual album (cd) disc.

Looking at the Kodi Wiki (https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_artwork), it lists the following...
 Music saved as File Name Save name & location example Artist\Album\Songs
cdart.png f:\Music\Madonna\Like A Prayer\cdart.png
or
disc.png f:\Music\Madonna\Like A Prayer\disc.png
Would it be possible to standardize the naming to match what Kodi has in its Wiki? I'm sure this would make it easier for the various Skin Authors, so they don't have add code to look for this new naming convention.
(2018-03-25, 10:03)Benna Wrote: I tried manually to update those information and i got this message:

Error with provider 'fanart.tv': HTTP error: InvalidHeader

In the Kodi.log ifle i see this:

09:56:50.628 T:544 WARNING: [script.artwork.beef] Error with provider 'fanart.tv': HTTP error: InvalidHeader

I'm not sure what could be going wrong with the header.
Did you change the Fanart.tv personal API key in the add-on settings part way through scanning, or maybe tinker with other API keys in the add-on source?
Can you refresh one or two of the affected items in Kodi that do have a logo on Fanart.tv and then see if Artwork Beef behaves the same?
Can you open Artwork Beef's "Select artwork..." dialog for one of the movies that didn't show this error and that do have a logo on Fanart.tv, and see if the error message shows up for that movie, and that you see the logo from fanart.tv as an option in "clearlogo"?

In the next update I'll change that message to include more details that may help narrow down the problem.

(2018-03-28, 02:24)Karellen Wrote: Hello @rmrector
After I installed Artwork Beef, I started noticing that my local artwork was disappearing out of the movie or tv show folders. These seemed to be limited to Poster, logo and clearart.

Do you have the Artwork Beef options "Delete deselected artwork files" and "Recycle deleted and replaced artwork files" enabled? It sounds like you do, but I just want to make sure that this isn't happening even when those options are disabled.

Edit: Taking another look at the code I see a way to redesign the file handling so that whatever is going wrong just doesn't have the chance. If you just want it to mostly leave files alone until I have a fix, disable the setting "Delete deselected artwork files".

If you want to answer the questions below with the current version I would appreciate it, I'd still like to know what's happening as I have more file based features planned.

Baffling!! I would also like to know why this is happening. You've got a couple of new details that might help find out what's going wrong, though.
  1. You say that for the affected items the image file is removed, but the artwork is still visible in Kodi. It will help to know if Artwork Beef left the local path to the artwork in the library and you are seeing the cached image, or if Artwork Beef replaced it with a remote URL from a web service.
    • Can you open the Artwork Beef "Select artwork..." dialog under "Manage..." in the context menu for one of the affected items, select an art type that was also affected, and check the title of the selected image? Is the title from a web service like Fanart.tv or TheMovieDB, or local artwork, or "arttype.jpg", or ...?
  2. Since you have the images in recycledartwork, can you copy the artwork for a couple of affected movies back where they were, then run Artwork Beef's "Add missing artwork" under "Manage" for those movies, and see what it does? If the same thing happens then a debug log and artwork-report of that would be helpful, plus the file names of those artwork files.
In nearly all of my comments that this should not happen I have also mentioned that I need a debug log if it does. Karellen, don't you say this all the time? Wink

(2018-03-28, 14:30)MB1968 Wrote: - AWB's logfile is empty, when I want to check it in Kodi 17.6 on Android.

-AWB downloads season banners occasionnaly although I have disabled this option. If I remember it correctly it only applies for season 4.

The empty logfile might be an android thing. What version of Android? I doubt it has an affect but just in case. Can you take a look in the file system at userdata/addon_data/script.artwork.beef/artwork-report.txt to see if that file is empty or just doesn't exist?
Try turning on debug logging in Kodi, then running a few movies through "Add missing artwork", something useful might show up in the Kodi logs.

Those season banners are probably added by Kodi scrapers. If Artwork Beef is configured to download images for seasons at all, it will include images that are already assigned from scrapers or other tools. That individual switch will only prevent Artwork Beef from finding new banners from the web services. I would like to add more controls for what exactly is downloaded, but the options are already a mess so I need to brainstorm a better way to organize all of it before I add even more detailed options.

(2018-03-29, 00:39)Powerhouse Wrote: @rmrector So I noticed in your Artwork Beef documentation (under Image Files), you have the following...
  • Code:
    ... /[Artist information folder]/[artist name]/[album name]/discart.png
     for album artwork
However, using previous Add-On's (Artwork Downloader and CDart), that I have the files cdart.png, and disc.png. So using your label, I will now have 3 different labels for the actual album (cd) disc.

Looking at the Kodi Wiki (https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_artwork), it lists the following...
 Music saved as File Name Save name & location example Artist\Album\Songs
cdart.png f:\Music\Madonna\Like A Prayer\cdart.png
or
disc.png f:\Music\Madonna\Like A Prayer\disc.png
Would it be possible to standardize the naming to match what Kodi has in its Wiki? I'm sure this would make it easier for the various Skin Authors, so they don't have add code to look for this new naming convention.            

"discart" is the standard for the video library, and that's what I intend to be used in the music library as well. Skins shouldn't be looking in the file system for anything, that's the whole point of the changes Dave has made for Kodi 18 and the reason Artwork Beef supports the music library in the first place. Using the same name for both libraries is simpler for skinners than carrying over that old convention. In this particular case the wiki describes existing hacks, it is not a good source of info for how things should be done.
Hello @rmrector

Thanks for the response...

(2018-03-29, 03:48)rmrector Wrote: You say that for the affected items the image file is removed, but the artwork is still visible in Kodi. It will help to know if Artwork Beef left the local path to the artwork in the library and you are seeing the cached image, or if Artwork Beef replaced it with a remote URL from a web service.
  • Can you open the Artwork Beef "Select artwork..." dialog under "Manage..." in the context menu for one of the affected items, select an art type that was also affected, and check the title of the selected image? Is the title from a web service like Fanart.tv or TheMovieDB, or local artwork, or "arttype.jpg", or ...?
I have checked a few, and it is local art, so it must still be reading from the cached image

(2018-03-29, 03:48)rmrector Wrote: Since you have the images in recycledartwork, can you copy the artwork for a couple of affected movies back where they were, then run Artwork Beef's "Add missing artwork" under "Manage" for those movies, and see what it does? If the same thing happens then a debug log and artwork-report of that would be helpful, plus the file names of those artwork files.
I tried on a few shows that were affected. I have not changed any settings, but I am unable to replicate the problem now. I would like to remove Artwork Beef completely, and re-install fresh, but am a bit hesitant to mess up the library. As @Kokonutcreme stated, it only seems to happen the one time after install.

(2018-03-29, 03:48)rmrector Wrote: Do you have the Artwork Beef options "Delete deselected artwork files" and "Recycle deleted and replaced artwork files" enabled
Yes, both those are enabled. I did not see this as an issue at the time as it was all local artwork, and I only ran it to update the movies I had just added. I did not go through and change artwork for any item in my library.

As for the debug log, you are right, and I would have provided it, if I had it. I had no idea this was happening to the extent that it did, and as I stated earlier, I only found the folder full of artwork by accident. I have restarted my main Kodi a number of times since the creation date of that recycledartwork folder. Seems that all that artwork in the recycled folder was batch moved within a short period.

I do have the Artwork Beef log though, if that helps. According to the folder timestamp it occurred on the 2018-03-26. You will see the runs for it in the log... https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/9xPW5dV7hK/

Also, contents of settings file... https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/nSq5xb3mp9/

I would like to replicate the issue, but just hate to have to mess up my library again. I'll see what I can do on my test machine.

---Edit---
I also have two databases that seem to be related to Artwork Beef- commoncache.db and processeditems.db

Are either of those of any use to you?
My Signature
Can you double check the version of Artwork Beef that's running? That report says 17.2, which was last month's version, and 0.18.0 (posted on March 8th) did have another attempted fix for this issue. It's up to 0.18.4 now.

However, taking another look at the code I do see a way to redesign the file handling to reduce the amount of code that touches the deletion process altogether. Until I have a fix, you can disable the setting "Delete deselected artwork files" to generally leave files alone (if you do manually deselect a local image it could come back the next time Artwork Beef processes that media item, but much less hassle than this).

This kind of thing is exactly why I avoided downloading and mucking about with files in the first place. But I knew it was inevitable. Thanks for beta testing!

The databases won't be any help for this.
Yes, I have 0.17.2 installed. I did download it a few weeks ago (don't recall exactly when) but only got around to installing it last week. I should have checked for an update. Will download that now and disable that setting.

Thanks Smile
My Signature
@rmrector 

Awesome tool. I got a problem as once I use this and downloaded all artworks but in my Kodi APP and web interface all Thumbs are now showing Kodi generated Thumbs and very bad....

How to fix this and redownload all artwork again? In settings do I need to do anything special?

Good to have an option to download all applicable artwork again...

Imagehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/17YyNnXmNdxwtQr17
@mrrector. Android 7.1.2. The AWB folder contains an artwork-report.txt file and it's not empty.

I doubt it's "an Android thing". I'm using other addons that are able to display the report on screen within Android correctly. For example KCleaner from the DaLanik repository and Log Viewer for Kodi from the Kodi repo.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=307919

I'll do some tests concerning the banner and will let you know the outcome later.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

hi i am useing the raper skin with kodi 17.6 i have my movies on external hard drive when scanning for images with artwork beef i have noticed that some time it comes up with error saying could not save to file thanks for your advice
Hi @rmrector 

I am having trouble with duplicate fanart.

This happens when a movie, artist ect does not have enough fanart art images on fanart.tv. It seems to grab the remaining images from TMDB or TADB, quite often the top images on the other sites are the same as on fanart.tv.

Is there any way to use one website for images and only use a secondary site if Zero are found on the first?
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
@rmrector 

Found another issue....

Artwork Beef not automatically downloading the Extrafan Arts as per settings amount. I have removed my "Extrafan Art" folders, remove the movies from the lib and added again.... When I execute the Artwork Beef it didn't download the extra Fanarts at all...

I can't go to each movie and select and download and please add this feature.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5