• 36(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
I keep getting the following error trying to save Music information: 
14:45:54.334 T:19956   ERROR: [script.artwork.beef] Could not save image to file: C:\Users\username\Music\Artists\3 Doors Down\The Better Life\discart.png

The first few images etc are saved fine, but then i get this error and the successive images arent saved. Same error on Windows (with local AND network folders) and on a Linux VM (again, with local and network folders). It's definitely not a permissions issue, since a few files ARE saved before the error is produced. Latest nightly (7th July) used on both platforms
(2018-07-09, 16:38)curael Wrote: @rmrector 

Hey question, would Artwork Beef be able to "touch" the files?

No, I don't think anything can be done about empty generated thumbs in widgets. The best I've come up with for that is to open a big playlist with all episodes in the video browser, then Kodi will generate any missing thumbs.

(2018-07-11, 23:07)chrissix Wrote: Is it possible to set extrafanart naming from fanart0-9.jpg?

You can name them whatever you like, but none of that is a particularly convincing reason to change Artwork Beef's behavior when it creates extrafanart. Most of your argument centers on skins using the "extrafanart" folder directly, which I do not suggest anyway so I won't spend much time fiddling with it.

(2018-07-11, 23:07)chrissix Wrote: 1) cause of may unwanted replacing of files
2) cause of may unwanted adding and duplicating of files
3) other may unknown side effects...

You are going to have to be specific on unwanted side effects of using Media Companion and Artwork Beef together. I need a repeatable scenario where Artwork Beef replaces files it shouldn't, or it adds and duplicates files you don't expect.

(2018-07-11, 23:07)chrissix Wrote: Maybe it's worth considering about to reduce extrafanart count from 20 to 10 (fanart0-9) without any compromise

This is an option so that you can set it to whatever you like.

(2018-07-11, 23:07)chrissix Wrote: PS: Ever thought of some feature for automated bulk renaming old artwork filenames to new (+add moviename-prefix)? Would safe a lot of work for lot of people.

Yes, I would like that feature.

(2018-07-13, 11:49)Punkid Wrote: I keep getting the following error trying to save Music information: 
14:45:54.334 T:19956   ERROR: [script.artwork.beef] Could not save image to file: C:\Users\username\Music\Artists\3 Doors Down\The Better Life\discart.png

The first few images etc are saved fine, but then i get this error and the successive images arent saved. Same error on Windows (with local AND network folders) and on a Linux VM (again, with local and network folders). It's definitely not a permissions issue, since a few files ARE saved before the error is produced. Latest nightly (7th July) used on both platforms

1. If you run it again, does throw an error for the same file, or does it save that one successfully and throw an error a bit later?
2. Are the network folders SMB? Can you try with NFS shares?
3. On the Linux VM, are the local files local to that VM, or shared from the host? If shared, can you copy a small portion of your library to the VM file system and try with that?
4. Post a debug log with this happening once or twice, as noted in the first post.
(2018-07-14, 04:09)rmrector Wrote: 1. If you run it again, does throw an error for the same file, or does it save that one successfully and throw an error a bit later?
2. Are the network folders SMB? Can you try with NFS shares?
3. On the Linux VM, are the local files local to that VM, or shared from the host? If shared, can you copy a small portion of your library to the VM file system and try with that?
4. Post a debug log with this happening once or twice, as noted in the first post. 
 1. When i run it again, its a different file. On every try it'll write some files, then throw the error. So if i keep on trying, i might be able to do my whole library in like 300 trys.
2. Yes the network folders are SMB. Sorry i dont know how to set up NFS. Regardless, on my Windows machine is tried everything on local path, the Music files and the folder set for saving images too.
3. On the Linux VM i already did what you suggested, i copied a small portion over and it threw the same error. So yes, the files were local to that VM.
4. Kodi Log : https://pastebin.com/raw/pj5scMtX
    Artwork Beef Report: https://pastebin.com/raw/nqejC1yK

About the log: Run on my Windows machine, local music folder at D:\Music , Artist folder at D:\Artists (Newly created empty). I run AB 3 times, the provided log is of the 3rd run. First run, the artist and album folders for 3 Doors Down are created, but no file is written, the error is thrown. Second run, files for 3 Door Down are written, the folders for next artist 10 Years are created, no files are written. Third run, files for 10 Years are written, folders for next artist 50 Cents are created.

Behavior was the same on Linux.
Artwork Beef updated to 0.21.0.

New features
  • settings to replace project API keys for web services, in case the built in keys are disabled and I don't replace them
  • add a "Largest available" option to the artwork size for sorting
  • Artwork Beef sends a JSON-RPC notification when the new/old/all item processes finish

Fixes
  • title-free posters always sorting first when 'keyart' disabled (GitHub #16)
  • artwork names for stacked movie files - it downloaded new artwork with the wrong names, and wouldn't identify other properly named artwork if you had the "source" tag or something after the "cd1" part of the filename
  • episode thumbs are generated if other episode settings are disabled (@curael this should fix your error)
  • errors when downloading new artwork with some configurations (@Punkid this should fix yours)
^ Can confirm, my problem has been fixed, Thankyou! Your work is really REALLY appreciated.
Does have the (for some new) naming convention "new" moviename-art.ext instead of "old" art.ext also affect animatedposter.gif and animatedfanart.gif?

Better compatibility for Animatedfanart.gif or Moviename-animatedposter.gif (Moviesetname-animatedposter.gif)?
@rmrector Any idea what this error is about?

Using latest nightly trying to update new and old music artwork. Looks like a JSON or DB error.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/MVJdRfqRd9/

EDIT: Looks to be a Kodi problem with a recent change maybe? Works fine on 1 week old nightly...
@DaveBlake possibly this could be your recent PR? just guessing ??
(2018-07-18, 01:28)docwra Wrote: Using latest nightly trying to update new and old music artwork. Looks like a JSON or DB error.

EDIT: Looks to be a Kodi problem with a recent change maybe? Works fine on 1 week old nightly...
Yes @docwra it is related to the faster JSON music access changes, that is where the error happens.
@rmrector can you tell me what JSON request ProcessAllMusic makes for songs?

EDIT 2: Ah, it is in the log too I just needed to read down!
There is an error in building the SQL (table name carried over from GetFilter incorrectly for the inline view query), I'm on it.

Chased my tail a bit with the LIKE clause  as well using the db given in another thread. That has folder 2Pac-2Pacalypse_Now-CD-1998-FLAC-QiE rather than 2Pac-2Pacalypse_Now-CD-1998-QiE. Did you move the music files Docwra? Or is something in AB removing "FLAC" before making JSON request?
(2018-07-18, 09:51)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2018-07-18, 01:28)docwra Wrote: Using latest nightly trying to update new and old music artwork. Looks like a JSON or DB error.

Yes @docwra it is related to the faster JSON music access changes, that is where the error happens.
@rmrector can you tell me what JSON request ProcessAllMusic makes for songs?

EDIT 2: Ah, it is in the log too I just needed to read down!
There is an error in building the SQL (table name carried over from GetFilter incorrectly for the inline view query), I'm on it.

Chased my tail a bit with the LIKE clause  as well using the db given in another thread. That has folder 2Pac-2Pacalypse_Now-CD-1998-FLAC-QiE rather than 2Pac-2Pacalypse_Now-CD-1998-QiE. Did you move the music files Docwra? Or is something in AB removing "FLAC" before making JSON request?    
Thats an old library file so might be a red herring there from the other post. 

Will delete the db and try again!

EDIT: I have tested with a completely new install with new library, error is still the same on a clean Kodi with latest nightly.

New clean log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/2zPktgxNph/
New clean Lib: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApVfAvr-zU1_hJR-kM2E0upSoTe5PQ
To be expected @docwra , like I said there is an error in the SQL that I will fix.

PR riased for fix https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14201
I will post link to test build once it is available
I just started using Artwork Beef after starting with a fresh install and finally doing away with Artwork Downloader (only because it stopped working for me recently). From what I can tell from my brief interaction with AB - it is indeed a 'beefed' up upgrade. Great work!

Now to my question - and I apologize in advance if this has been asked/answered previously - is there a way to add TV posters from theMovieDB instead of Fanart.tv or tvdb? The reason I ask this is that it seems theMovieDB is the only source which has the TV posters with the Kodi recommended resolution (1000 x 1500) as per the Kodi artwork wiki. TVDB is 680 x 1000 and Fanart.tv is 1000 x 1426 (don't understand the logic behind 1426..).

Once again thanks for the amazing addon!
(2018-07-17, 17:37)chrissix Wrote: Does have the (for some new) naming convention "new" moviename-art.ext instead of "old" art.ext also affect animatedposter.gif and animatedfanart.gif?
Artwork Beef supports both for animated artwork just like every other art type.

(2018-07-17, 17:37)chrissix Wrote: Better compatibility for Animatedfanart.gif or Moviename-animatedposter.gif (Moviesetname-animatedposter.gif)?
"Better compatibility" doesn't tell me anything, what do you actually want from Artwork Beef, what exactly is not compatible?

Animated artwork is finicky in Kodi already (must be saved locally on each device), and I really don't feel like fighting with Skin Helper Service's animated artwork handling which is over-complicated and not obviously configurable (it is a skin setting that not all skins expose to users), so I don't have any concrete plans for downloading animated artwork from a web service.

Thanks Dave and doc!

(2018-07-18, 23:08)monisriz Wrote: is there a way to add TV posters from theMovieDB instead of Fanart.tv or tvdb? The reason I ask this is that it seems theMovieDB is the only source which has the TV posters with the Kodi recommended resolution (1000 x 1500) as per the Kodi artwork wiki. TVDB is 680 x 1000 and Fanart.tv is 1000 x 1426 (don't understand the logic behind 1426..).
No. Don't worry too much about the difference, as long as it is close to 2:3 it will be fine - skins and other interfaces are generally designed with this discrepancy in mind. I may add the option later, but don't hold your breath.
@docwra @rmrector a Win10 test build for the fix to the JSON AudioLibrary.GetSongs filtering by path  error is here
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/windo...ge-x64.exe 

If one, or both, of you could check that AB works with that fix I can merge soonest. Thanks

EDIT: thanks for the swift testing @docwra  Smile
Yep confirmed all working again! Just imported my whole library with new artwork. Yey!
@rmrector a small issue on MySQL (I so hate that RBDMS, it is so limited), so PR merged slightly delayed.

To repeat for all those interested - yes Artwork Beef is failing on the current nightly when trying to process Music art because of recent changes to the JSON API implementation (to make is much faster). A fix (PR14201) will be released soon so please don't hassle Ryan about it, it is not his fault but mine.

EDIT: PR now merged, so functioning restored in tomorrows nightly Smile
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5