• 38(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
First, thanks for ur hard work Smile

now I read ppl here have run it on their shield and it is working for them. But it doesn't work on mine for some reason...
I'm running latest leia nightly for android, installed ur addon from ur repo on a fresh install. Whenever i try to run it after couple of seconds i get an error and it doesn't do anything...

I'm running from shield, latest system update. libraries through nfs share.
I've run artwork beef before on MI BOX 3 (oreo, kodi leia) and it worked...

EDIT: ok, so i've looked at the logs and wanted to upload them and noticed that it was a UnicodeDecodeError, had a hunch that the nfs share was the culprit so changed to samba and it's working as advertised  Big Grin so happy for that error msgs cause later I found that it fixed many other ''silent'' errors!
For Fanart Project API key do we have to put the - kodi aswell after the keys as seen in the fanart.tv api page.. 
for eg: jifjdifndfdifndfidndifjdifjdijjijfdide8 - kodi

Note : this is a junk key.. just for an example.
As you see the - kodi added to the Project api key.. is that mandatory?
@rmrector Hello man! Thanks again for the wonderful addon! First off, could you  explain to me, about the thumbs, and the solution you implemented to have them removed again (I'm still using the solution with adding "thumbs" so that it removes the TVDB thumbs again. What am I supposed to tick in the updated version, and I can remove thumbs again, yes?

Also, new question, is it possible to add an entry to "remove all artwork" from separate shows? The other day I had an RSS feed that scraped v1 and v2 of the same file so it took it as ep7 and ep8, and they both had the same thumb, obviously, but.. When I removed the v2 file, and the REAL ep8 was added, it kept the faulty thumb, so I'd like to actually be able to click into the Artwork Beef sub menu (Add missing artwork and so on) on the one episode and click "Remove artwork", sorta like the "Remove all artwork for episodes" function directly in Artwork Beef that deletes all thumbs.. Would it be possible for you to add that function on single episode level? Basically so that it resets the movie, the show, the season or the episode? Smile Depending on which one I choose to "Remove all artwork" from?

Thanks again!
(2018-08-05, 19:15)Ipaddle Wrote: Hi

This is an amazing addon. Does it fully replace movie set automater?
Can I run the addon only for moviesets? Maybe there is a special konfiguration.
Otherwise it is not so funny to add fanart formovie sets (collection) one by one.
Yes, it includes most of Movie Set Artwork Automator's functionality - I think the only "feature" not available is fully customizable artwork filenames.

It can be configured to work with only movie sets. Disable Automatically add these artwork types from web services and file system for all artwork types for all media types except movie sets, and if you only need it to identify local files, enable the option "Do not automatically add artwork from web services, only identify local files" at the top of the "Movies" tab.

(2018-08-09, 15:50)bobrap Wrote: Is there a setting to set the number of extrafanarts downloaded?  Thanks  Also, are you still considering not putting movieset art into separate folders when saving to a central folder?  Thanks again.
It will download all fanart added if configured under "Download these artwork types to the local file system", and the limit for automatically added fanart can be configured under Automatically add these artwork types from web services and file system.

Yes.

(2018-08-14, 08:25)MANswers Wrote: For Fanart Project API key do we have to put the - kodi aswell after the keys as seen in the fanart.tv api page.. 

The actual key is in bold, the " - kodi" is just the name you gave it when you created the key.

(2018-08-16, 18:30)curael Wrote: @rmrector Hello man! Thanks again for the wonderful addon! First off, could you  explain to me, about the thumbs, and the solution you implemented to have them removed again (I'm still using the solution with adding "thumbs" so that it removes the TVDB thumbs again. What am I supposed to tick in the updated version, and I can remove thumbs again, yes?
In the add-on settings under Advanced, the option "Replace episode ‘thumb’ with Kodi generated thumb" handles all of this now. You can remove "thumb" from the episode list.

(2018-08-16, 18:30)curael Wrote: Also, new question, is it possible to add an entry to "remove all artwork" from separate shows? ... Basically so that it resets the movie, the show, the season or the episode? Smile Depending on which one I choose to "Remove all artwork" from?
That's not a bad idea.
(2018-08-16, 23:35)rmrector Wrote:
(2018-08-09, 15:50)bobrap Wrote: Is there a setting to set the number of extrafanarts downloaded?  Thanks  Also, are you still considering not putting movieset art into separate folders when saving to a central folder?  Thanks again.
It will download all fanart added if configured under "Download these artwork types to the local file system", and the limit for automatically added fanart can be configured under Automatically add these artwork types from web services and file system.

Yes. 
  Thanks for the response.  Seems I found my own problem with the settings.  I use Madnox and it doesn't display the settings correctly.  Works fine in estuary.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ

Otherwise it is not so funny to add fanart formovie sets (collection) one by one.
Yes, it includes most of Movie Set Artwork Automator's functionality - I think the only "feature" not available is fully customizable artwork filenames.

It can be configured to work with only movie sets. Disable Automatically add these artwork types from web services and file system for all artwork types for all media types except movie sets, and if you only need it to identify local files, enable the option "Do not automatically add artwork from web services, only identify local files" at the top of the "Movies" tab.

Yes.

(2018-08-14, 08:25)MANswers Wrote: For Fanart Project API key do we have to put the - kodi aswell after the keys as seen in the fanart.tv api page.. 

The actual key is in bold, the " - kodi" is just the name you gave it when you created the key.

(2018-08-16, 18:30)curael Wrote: @rmrector Hello man! Thanks again for the wonderful addon! First off, could you  explain to me, about the thumbs, and the solution you implemented to have them removed again (I'm still using the solution with adding "thumbs" so that it removes the TVDB thumbs again. What am I supposed to tick in the updated version, and I can remove thumbs again, yes?
In the add-on settings under Advanced, the option "Replace episode ‘thumb’ with Kodi generated thumb" handles all of this now. You can remove "thumb" from the episode list.

(2018-08-16, 18:30)curael Wrote: Also, new question, is it possible to add an entry to "remove all artwork" from separate shows? ... Basically so that it resets the movie, the show, the season or the episode? Smile Depending on which one I choose to "Remove all artwork" from?
That's not a bad idea. 

You are awesome thanks so much. It worked. I plugged in all the api keys from tvdb, tmdb etc... Its scrapin really good. I just have one more question.But Artwork beef is not getting the Movie Set art work, its not grabbing the logos for each of the movies, its not grabing the movie set's poster.
Pls note its scraping all the artwork very well, but not doing it for Movie sets, I have enabled it in the settings in Artwork beef to download artwork for Movie sets, but no luck.. what am i doing wrong?
Right now, the movie sets poster is some random movie poster within the same movies collection
(2018-08-17, 05:00)MANswers Wrote:

Yes.

That's not a bad idea.      

You are awesome thanks so much. It worked. I plugged in all the api keys from tvdb, tmdb etc... Its scrapin really good. I just have one more question.But Artwork beef is not getting the Movie Set art work, its not grabbing the logos for each of the movies, its not grabing the movie set's poster.
Pls note its scraping all the artwork very well, but not doing it for Movie sets, I have enabled it in the settings in Artwork beef to download artwork for Movie sets, but no luck.. what am i doing wrong?
Right now, the movie sets poster is some random movie poster within the same movies collection     
@rmrector
Same here. You can do it manually, from the context menu (press c). There you can choose between logo, art, fanart, poster. In a previous installation it worked. I am not sure what or if something went wrong in my current installation. Maybe it is possible that the movie set name has to be found/match the movie set names from themoviedb.org and not fanart.tv. Maybe that was different in previous versions of the addon?
Fx. i need Studio Ghibli Collection (I have a lot of them!). This set is not found on themoviedb.org, but on fanart.tv. Hence I can not download any fanart background, poster, logo or art for this particular movie set.
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
The thumbnails are put in the video files, which I do not want. How to fix them in the same folder ?

Before in kodi/userdate/Thumbnails
(2018-08-17, 12:39)Ipaddle Wrote: Fx. i need Studio Ghibli Collection (I have a lot of them!). This set is not found on themoviedb.org, but on fanart.tv. Hence I can not download any fanart background, poster, logo or art for this particular movie set.

Short Offtopic:

Like all of us, also the TMDB mods/admins are just people with their own ideas how do it "the right way". And as everywhere, the mods/admins of TMDB are coming and going. The conventions on TMDB have changed a bit and lot of entries have been lost the "Collection status".

The TMDB entries are deleted, but everywhere fanarts are created on fanart.tv they are still there. The only workaround is to search for it manually and save it locally.
https://fanart.tv/movie/162201/studio-gh...ollection/

Examples of lost "Collection" status on TMDB where the fanarts on fanart.tv still exist:

Studio Ghibli Collection
Monty Python Collection
Cornetto trilogy aka the Blood and Ice Cream trilogy
Punisher Collection

Other examples of "non official" or or custom collections but deserves it to create and publish collection fanarts:

Bud Spencer & Terence Hill 20th Collection
Cloverfield Collection
Dark Universe Collection
Day of the Dead (Remake) Collection
Wizard of Oz Collection
Judge Dredd Collection
Marvel Cinematic Universe Collection
Monster Verse Collection
View Askewniverse Collection aka New Jersey Collection
Star Trek Collection (all 3 collections combined)
Total Recall Collection
X-Men Original Collection (the 1 x-men collection splitted)
X-Men Prequel Collection (the 1 x-men collection splitted)
X-Men Logan / Wolverine Collection (the 1 x-men collection splitted)

I've created a thread to keep dropped collections alive and give some exception of custom collection a place to live:
https://forum.fanart.tv/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8403

Feel free to support with suggest interest and leave a reply

thx
(2018-08-17, 22:27)chrissix Wrote:
(2018-08-17, 12:39)Ipaddle Wrote: Fx. i need Studio Ghibli Collection (I have a lot of them!). This set is not found on themoviedb.org, but on fanart.tv. Hence I can not download any fanart background, poster, logo or art for this particular movie set.

Short Offtopic:

Like all of us, also the TMDB mods/admins are just people with their own ideas how do it "the right way". And as everywhere, the mods/admins of TMDB are coming and going. The conventions on TMDB have changed a bit and lot of entries have been lost the "Collection status".

The TMDB entries are deleted, but everywhere fanarts are created on fanart.tv they are still there. The only workaround is to search for it manually and save it locally.
https://fanart.tv/movie/162201/studio-gh...ollection/

Examples of lost "Collection" status on TMDB where the fanarts on fanart.tv still exist:

Studio Ghibli Collection
Monty Python Collection
Cornetto trilogy aka the Blood and Ice Cream trilogy
Punisher Collection

Other examples of "non official" or or custom collections but deserves it to create and publish collection fanarts:

Bud Spencer & Terence Hill 20th Collection
Cloverfield Collection
Dark Universe Collection
Day of the Dead (Remake) Collection
Wizard of Oz Collection
Judge Dredd Collection
Marvel Cinematic Universe Collection
Monster Verse Collection
View Askewniverse Collection aka New Jersey Collection
Star Trek Collection (all 3 collections combined)
Total Recall Collection
X-Men Original Collection (the 1 x-men collection splitted)
X-Men Prequel Collection (the 1 x-men collection splitted)
X-Men Logan / Wolverine Collection (the 1 x-men collection splitted)

I've created a thread to keep dropped collections alive and give some exception of custom collection a place to live:
https://forum.fanart.tv/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8403

Feel free to support with suggest interest and leave a reply

thx

Ok, I would suggest to point the add on towards fanart.tv, when searching for movie sets. Anyway, thanks for the information.
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

(2018-08-17, 22:50)Ipaddle Wrote: Ok, I would suggest to point the add on towards fanart.tv, when searching for movie sets. Anyway, thanks for the information.

Unfortunately that will not make a difference. Talked little bit with fanart.tv guys.
Fanart.TV is intentionally targeted 1:1 at TMDB in order to maintain general compatibility and prevent confusion.
All fanart.tv media id's (Collections, TVShows, Movies) are always without exception the same as TMDB.
Although a bit more autonomy is planned for the next web version of Fanart.TV (use some kind uf sub ID's) this will take some time.
(2018-08-17, 23:10)chrissix Wrote:
(2018-08-17, 22:50)Ipaddle Wrote: Ok, I would suggest to point the add on towards fanart.tv, when searching for movie sets. Anyway, thanks for the information.

Unfortunately that will not make a difference. Talked little bit with fanart.tv guys.
Fanart.TV is intentionally targeted 1:1 at TMDB in order to maintain general compatibility and prevent confusion.
All fanart.tv media id's (Collections, TVShows, Movies) are always without exception the same as TMDB.
Although a bit more autonomy is planned for the next web version of Fanart.TV (use some kind uf sub ID's) this will take some time. 
Ok, I downloaded these collection (eg The Studio Ghibli Collection) fanarts manually from fanart.tv in a folder (defined in the addon), but AB will not find and use them. What is wrong. What did you do?
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

(2018-08-18, 10:02)Ipaddle Wrote: Ok, I downloaded these collection (eg The Studio Ghibli Collection) fanarts manually from fanart.tv in a folder (defined in the addon), but AB will not find and use them. What is wrong. What did you do?

Read whole AB wiki or write pm. Let's not spam the thread because of minor problems with the handling of AB and file system management
(2018-08-17, 15:11)Alyy Wrote: The thumbnails are put in the video files, which I do not want. How to fix them in the same folder ?

Before in kodi/userdate/Thumbnails
 Possible ?

That's not a bad idea. 
 Thanks again bud, appreciate it. Smile Glad you could use the suggestion too. The add-on has been working so, so well. Big Grin
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5