• 39(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
"chrissix" covered the troubles with certain movie set artwork not being found.

The other is movie sets ending up with movie artwork. When a new movie set is added to the library, Kodi copies the movie artwork to the movie set as part of its scraping process. There is a bit in Artwork Beef that detected this for Krypton and below, but now that Leia scrapers can set more artwork (and "Universal Movie Scraper" can add them) it needs revisiting. If you disable all extra artwork from UMS then it should work again.
(2018-08-17, 15:11)Alyy Wrote: The thumbnails are put in the video files, which I do not want. How to fix them in the same folder ?

Before in kodi/userdate/Thumbnails
Remove everything from the options "Download these artwork types to the local files system" at the bottom of the "TV shows", "Movies", "Music videos", and "Music" tabs in add-on settings. Kodi will download the images to "kodi/userdata/Thumbnails" as part of its regular caching process.
Just pointing out the big progress on getting this into the Kodi Music scrapers by default:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2760311

We are getting there!
(2018-08-20, 02:47)rmrector Wrote: "chrissix" covered the troubles with certain movie set artwork not being found.

The other is movie sets ending up with movie artwork. When a new movie set is added to the library, Kodi copies the movie artwork to the movie set as part of its scraping process. There is a bit in Artwork Beef that detected this for Krypton and below, but now that Leia scrapers can set more artwork (and "Universal Movie Scraper" can add them) it needs revisiting. If you disable all extra artwork from UMS then it should work again.
(2018-08-17, 15:11)Alyy Wrote: The thumbnails are put in the video files, which I do not want. How to fix them in the same folder ?

Remove everything from the options "Download these artwork types to the local files system" at the bottom of the "TV shows", "Movies", "Music videos", and "Music" tabs in add-on settings. Kodi will download the images to "kodi/userdata/Thumbnails" as part of its regular caching process.  
Hi,

Yes it work, but other thing again. Why do I do a search it does not find me all the logo? and why not put the posters, fanarts logo sagas. I have to do it manually.
 And if I do a new scan, it removes everything and looks for the same images ?
Hey there. Just installed your add-on today after setting up a new Kodi box (Up to date Krypton 17.6 + latest Aeon Nox Silvo) and realizing that Artwork Downloader has been replaced by this one. Overall I think I got it setup the way I want it but for some reason I can't get it to download ANY extrafanart for me and I can't figure out why. I'm playing around with it adding parts of my old library into a clean library that has image files already there. When it just needs to process local files then it loads extrafanart and that works in the skin cycling them. However if I remove the extrafanart folder from a tv show I scrape, it doesn't load any extrafanart at all from a web service. I know it CAN load them because as a test I deleted a clearart.png and it downloaded a fresh copy of that.

I have enabled Fanart to 20. I even set rating to 0 yet nada. What am I doing wrong ??
(2018-08-22, 02:37)pletopia Wrote: Hey there. Just installed your add-on today after setting up a new Kodi box (Up to date Krypton 17.6 + latest Aeon Nox Silvo) and realizing that Artwork Downloader has been replaced by this one. Overall I think I got it setup the way I want it but for some reason I can't get it to download ANY extrafanart for me and I can't figure out why. I'm playing around with it adding parts of my old library into a clean library that has image files already there. When it just needs to process local files then it loads extrafanart and that works in the skin cycling them. However if I remove the extrafanart folder from a tv show I scrape, it doesn't load any extrafanart at all from a web service. I know it CAN load them because as a test I deleted a clearart.png and it downloaded a fresh copy of that.

I have enabled Fanart to 20. I even set rating to 0 yet nada. What am I doing wrong ??
Post a log and maybe we can find out Wink
Here you go. I scraped two shows this morning. Two Broke Girls & 11.22.63. Two Broke Girls had a few pieces of art but was missing clearart (which it added) and had no extrafanart at all. 11.22.63 on the otherhand already had an extrafanart folder present.

https://pastebin.com/7C3VzKaL

https://pastebin.com/N0tSMCM8
(2018-08-21, 09:02)Alyy Wrote:
(2018-08-20, 02:47)rmrector Wrote: "chrissix" covered the troubles with certain movie set artwork not being found.

Hi,

Yes it work, but other thing again. Why do I do a search it does not find me all the logo? and why not put the posters, fanarts logo sagas. I have to do it manually.

The first problem could be the second bullet point here.

If your movie set problem is with local files, then it is because Artwork Beef won't pick up new local artwork immediately, the media item needs to be scanned again. It will scan media items again over time, but it will likely be a while. I would like to improve this.

What exactly are you doing when you "do a new scan"? If it's "add missing artwork for ..." "all videos", then it will scan all configured items in the video library, but it shouldn't remove anything.

I need a debug log to investigate further. While recording the debug log, run the context item "AB: Add missing artwork" on a couple of movies that Artwork Beef didn't find a logo for, but one is available on fanart.tv. Also "do a scan" while recording the debug log (you can stop this one after it has processed a couple of items). If your movie set problem is not with local files, also run that same context item on a couple of movie sets that don't have any artwork.

(2018-08-22, 17:32)pletopia Wrote: Here you go. I scraped two shows this morning. Two Broke Girls & 11.22.63. Two Broke Girls had a few pieces of art but was missing clearart (which it added) and had no extrafanart at all. 11.22.63 on the otherhand already had an extrafanart folder present.

Curious. Maybe the bottom section "Download these artwork types to the local file system" isn't set up like AB expects; there should be a single "fanart" in the list, not individual "fanart1", "fanart2", etc, nor something like "extrafanart". Also make sure the "extrafanart" folder option is enabled in the Advanced tab. It also won't move files already saved as "fanart1.jpg" next to the media item into an "extrafanart" folder, if it ran before without the setting enabled.

If none of that helps, turn on debug logging and post another log, post your Artwork Beef "settings.xml" file (in the same folder as "artwork-report.txt"), and open Kodi's built in "Choose art" dialog to see if a "fanart1" image is set in the library for 2 Broker Girls.
For those who save fanart.tv artwork locally storaged and plan soon to change the media types naming conventions from old (ArtworkDownloader) to new (ArtworkBeef)
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2734991
https://rmrector.github.io/script.artwork.beef/
and maybe they do not have a plan how to do that if they have too large a database on too many different drives...
MediaCompanion updated and does it for you in 2 clicks (assuming .nfo's stored locally)
https://ibb.co/mzxEyK

Maybe it helps someone.
I have added the fanart tv api key, project api key, tmdb, tvdb and audiodb api keys, artwork downloader is downloading the artwork for all the movies and tv series and audio. BUT its not downloading for Movie sets.
Even now the poster showing for the movie set is for a certain random movie of that movie set.. and not a collection poster, or logo.
Please help. Are there any settings I need to set in the configurations of artwork beef? I have left it to default for now.. maybe added more number of posters, fanart for movie set to download.
(2018-08-23, 00:25)rmrector Wrote: Curious. Maybe the bottom section "Download these artwork types to the local file system" isn't set up like AB expects; there should be a single "fanart" in the list, not individual "fanart1", "fanart2", etc, nor something like "extrafanart". Also make sure the "extrafanart" folder option is enabled in the Advanced tab. It also won't move files already saved as "fanart1.jpg" next to the media item into an "extrafanart" folder, if it ran before without the setting enabled.

If none of that helps, turn on debug logging and post another log, post your Artwork Beef "settings.xml" file (in the same folder as "artwork-report.txt"), and open Kodi's built in "Choose art" dialog to see if a "fanart1" image is set in the library for 2 Broker Girls. 
Its late tonight already so i'll get you those debug logs tomorrow but I agree, curious and i'm confused.

I think I have it configured properly. The shows I have tested that I left an extrafanart folder in cached that art and it cycles properly, the ones that I didn't dont' either. So confusing.

EDIT:

After I posted those pics i realized i could have just uploaded my settings file. Here you go.

https://pastebin.com/e9xnU5E4
(2018-08-23, 00:25)rmrector Wrote:
(2018-08-21, 09:02)Alyy Wrote:

Hi,

The first problem could be the second bullet point here.

If your movie set problem is with local files, then it is because Artwork Beef won't pick up new local artwork immediately, the media item needs to be scanned again. It will scan media items again over time, but it will likely be a while. I would like to improve this.

What exactly are you doing when you "do a new scan"? If it's "add missing artwork for ..." "all videos", then it will scan all configured items in the video library, but it shouldn't remove anything.

I need a debug log to investigate further. While recording the debug log, run the context item "AB: Add missing artwork" on a couple of movies that Artwork Beef didn't find a logo for, but one is available on fanart.tv. Also "do a scan" while recording the debug log (you can stop this one after it has processed a couple of items). If your movie set problem is not with local files, also run that same context item on a couple of movie sets that don't have any artwork.   

Hi,

When I scan I do a new one, I wanted to do a new/old scan. I do not know if it removes or if the cache is empty, but nothing appears, this is a problem I think.

For example for the Star Wars saga he did not find me anything, I had to do it manually. Then another Stargate Origins example it does not find me logo, he exists on fanart.

https://pastebin.com/TdiWvGbv
@pletopia Ahh, I think I got it. Do you already have a local fanart image for 2 Broke Girls? Artwork Beef won't automatically download more fanart if any are already local, to avoid downloading duplicates. There isn't a way to override that behavior.

@Alyy Once a media item is scanned it is no longer "new", so it won't be scanned again when you run the scan for new items.

For both the Star Wars collection and Stargate Origins, Artwork Beef doesn't seem to think they are missing a logo, so won't look for one. Is Artwork Beef configured to automatically add "clearlogo" for TV shows and movie sets? Does the Star Wars collection already have a logo from one of the movies (see recent posts in this thread for why that is)? If so, Artwork Beef won't replace that artwork.

@MANswers Read the very recent posts in this thread on why this is happening.
(2018-08-23, 18:48)rmrector Wrote: @Alyy Once a media item is scanned it is no longer "new", so it won't be scanned again when you run the scan for new items.

For both the Star Wars collection and Stargate Origins, Artwork Beef doesn't seem to think they are missing a logo, so won't look for one. Is Artwork Beef configured to automatically add "clearlogo" for TV shows and movie sets? Does the Star Wars collection already have a logo from one of the movies (see recent posts in this thread for why that is)? If so, Artwork Beef won't replace that artwork.
When I do a scan of the old ones, the artwork does not appear immediately, as if it were recovering them.

For Star Wars no poster/fanart/logo saga.

I would do a test in these movies from my library.

EDIT: I think for Stargate is an exception, but know why ?

For the saga I do not understand, but I can do it only manually
(2018-08-23, 18:48)rmrector Wrote: @pletopia Ahh, I think I got it. Do you already have a local fanart image for 2 Broke Girls? Artwork Beef won't automatically download more fanart if any are already local, to avoid downloading duplicates. There isn't a way to override that behavior.
 No, 2 Broke Girls did not have any extrafanart stored locally.
@"chrissix" very cool. I've been wary about adding similar options in Artwork Beef, moving so many files around from within Kodi makes me nervous.
(2018-08-23, 19:14)pletopia Wrote:
(2018-08-23, 18:48)rmrector Wrote: @pletopia Ahh, I think I got it. Do you already have a local fanart image for 2 Broke Girls? Artwork Beef won't automatically download more fanart if any are already local, to avoid downloading duplicates. There isn't a way to override that behavior.
 No, 2 Broke Girls did not have any extrafanart stored locally.                   
Does it have any local fanart, which could also be named "fanart.jpg" or "fanart1.jpg" or "fanart2.jpg"?

@Alyy No items in your library will be "old" if you have just recently installed Artwork Beef, so again, no surprise if the list is empty. This is described in the documentation.

Post your Artwork Beef "settings.xml" file (you can find that next to the "artwork-report.txt"), there might be some configuration I'm not expecting.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5