• 42(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
Quote:No. That will take a bit more work, but I do intend to include it in the next feature release, likely 0.22.0. I have no idea on when that version will be ready, though.
@vbat99 

I'm really looking forward to this moment, then using ArtworkBeef with all the features.
@rmrector ,

I am trying today to add missing images for old videos (to get keyart which I don't have for the vast majority of my movies.). 

1. Should I add "keyart" as an additional art type for movies in the settings for Artwork Beef? 
2. I get an error in Artwork Beef, of "Invalid Project Key" whenever I try to "add missing for old videos".  Are you aware of this? Could this be something on my end? The only API key I have set in Artwork Beef settings is my personal fanart.tv API Key, which is valid.

EDIT: The log says that the issue with the project key is with fanart.tv.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Bart
@rmrector

Two more questions (I think). If you scan in artwork and it picks a poster for you for example out of say the 15 that are on themovedb. I decide I want a different one and change it in Kodi, wouldn't it be beneficial for the script to then save that copy back to the disk and replace the one that was previously downloaded? Because say for example, your DB gets hosed or something and you have to scan it in again in a years time, at least your prefered art will then be scanned in from the local copy instead of having to go back and make your changes again.

2nd question I had was regarding your extrafanart again. Say you scan in a new movie or tv show. Then a few months later when its looking for missing artwork will it add any additional fanart to the extrafanart folder that have been uploaded to the services since the initial scan? Based on what I read it won't because your trying to prevent "duplicates".
Yeah, it never ends with me. Always have more questions although not sure if it should be in here or in another part of the forum but I guess i'll start here. So I installed the new clean Beta1 of Leia to see how it works and such and to see if I can do it manually on a Ubuntu minimal 18.04 build. I was eventually successful. To test it out I first started with the stock setup and Estuary and just scanned in a movie. Then I installed this addon and also Aeon Nox Silvio. I proceeded to scan a couple more movies in and then configured Aeon to show "Random Movie Fanart" at the home screen. All it would show is the one movie I scanned in via Estuary prior to installing Artwork Beef. None of the fanart that got scanned in by this addon displayed there. If this worked like I thought it would then it would prevent the need for consolidated fanart folders for the different media types and save HD space as the fanart wouldn't be duplicated on the htpc.
@Alyy Detective Dee Collection works for me. Try running Artwork Beef from Program Add-ons and then "identify unmatched movie sets ...", then run "AB: add missing artwork" on that one set.

Stargate Origins works for me. Try "AB: add missing artwork" on that one TV show again.

@bsoriano 1. No, just set the option named "keyart" to 1 (or more if you want more of them).

2. Might be one of two things:
  a. your Artwork Beef is configured incorrectly; on the "Advanced" tab under "In case of emergency", remove everything from "fanart.tv project API key" and try again.
  b. you installed Artwork Beef incorrectly, perhaps from source. Remove it and install from the zip file linked on the first post or from the repository linked on the first post.

(2018-09-05, 17:14)pletopia Wrote: If you scan in artwork and it picks a poster for you for example out of say the 15 that are on themovedb. I decide I want a different one and change it in Kodi, wouldn't it be beneficial for the script to then save that copy back to the disk and replace the one that was previously downloaded?

If you have configured Artwork Beef to download artwork that is exactly what it does.

(2018-09-05, 17:14)pletopia Wrote: 2nd question I had was regarding your extrafanart again. Say you scan in a new movie or tv show. Then a few months later when its looking for missing artwork will it add any additional fanart to the extrafanart folder that have been uploaded to the services since the initial scan? Based on what I read it won't because your trying to prevent "duplicates".

It does not. This will take a notable amount of work so I may never change this.

(2018-09-05, 23:39)pletopia Wrote: If this worked like I thought it would then it would prevent the need for consolidated fanart folders for the different media types and save HD space as the fanart wouldn't be duplicated on the htpc.

No. Artwork Beef won't duplicate artwork for this purpose because skins have always had other options for this, but they have to be designed to use those options.
(2018-09-06, 05:08)rmrector Wrote:
(2018-09-05, 17:14)pletopia Wrote: If you scan in artwork and it picks a poster for you for example out of say the 15 that are on themovedb. I decide I want a different one and change it in Kodi, wouldn't it be beneficial for the script to then save that copy back to the disk and replace the one that was previously downloaded?

If you have configured Artwork Beef to download artwork that is exactly what it does.
Hmmm, what setting did I miss because it did not update the locally stored file in the movie folder after I changed it in Kodi.
(2018-09-06, 05:48)pletopia Wrote: Hmmm, what setting did I miss because it did not update the locally stored file in the movie folder after I changed it in Kodi. 

Add "poster" to the "Movies" option under "Download these artwork types to the local file system". You must use Artwork Beef "AB: Select artwork ..." to change the artwork. Kodi may not show the changed image right away in its GUI, so check that the file has changed some other way.

If it still doesn't work then you are having problems, so read the bottom of the first post. Record a debug log while selecting new artwork that you expect to be downloaded (and post it), also post the artwork report.
(2018-09-06, 20:19)rmrector Wrote:
(2018-09-06, 05:48)pletopia Wrote: Hmmm, what setting did I miss because it did not update the locally stored file in the movie folder after I changed it in Kodi. 

Add "poster" to the "Movies" option under "Download these artwork types to the local file system". You must use Artwork Beef "AB: Select artwork ..." to change the artwork. Kodi may not show the changed image right away in its GUI, so check that the file has changed some other way.

If it still doesn't work then you are having problems, so read the bottom of the first post. Record a debug log while selecting new artwork that you expect to be downloaded (and post it), also post the artwork report. 
You are correct sir. It did update the local copy for me. The problem was I did "Change Artwork" from the movies info screen instead of using "AB: Select artwork ..." from the context menu.
(2018-09-06, 05:08)rmrector Wrote: @Alyy Detective Dee Collection works for me. Try running Artwork Beef from Program Add-ons and then "identify unmatched movie sets ...", then run "AB: add missing artwork" on that one set.

Stargate Origins works for me. Try "AB: add missing artwork" on that one TV show again.
Strange, today everything works. I noticed more content in the manual search.

Have they solved IDs in fanartv ?
First of all, I love this addon. It seems to have many more features that Artwork Downloader lacked. My only issue that I'm struggling with is that I can't figure out where it's saving the images to. I had Artwork Downloader configured to save my images locally. And by the documentation for Artwork Beef it seems that it's defaulted to download images this way. However, after running a scan and it doing it's download thing, when I go into a new movies folder, only the movie file is there, whereas with Artwork Downloader the new images would be saved along with the movie file. Is there something I'm missing or a default directory that the images are stored to?
@rmrector 
In the latest version is the option to save fanarts to the local file system has disappeared can this be? I used the feature very often.

Also KeyArt support has completely disappeared.
Hi Guys,

Hopefully you can help?

I have previously been using Artwork downloader to download my movies images to my movie folders but this has stopped working and as far as I can tell support for the application is no longer in place.

I have therefor used Artwork Beef which on the service appears to do the same thing?

I have installed the pre-requsite script then Artwork beef and subsequently configured the 'Beef'.

It appears to run without errors and actually reads my movie collection and downloads the artwork. However when I check the movie folder there are no new files within there so I presume the files are being downloaded to a central Kodi location.

Am I missing a hidden setting?

I would expect to find -: \movies\Moviename (Year)\*.Jpgs   etc.

Anyone else had this?

Thanks for you anticipated help.
I installed the rector repo but it doesn't do anything, I cant seem to get into it...click on it and it just thinks about it...thoughts?
Hi, I'm unable to retrieve artwork from fanart.tv lately. Looking at the kodi log it says that it's trying to retrieve the clearlogo for Capital Cities from:

https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/music/11...1b2e2b.png

...but that direction returns a 500 Internal Server Error most of the time, however when manually searching in fanart.tv I've found that...

https://fanart.tv/fanart/music/119a2c67-...1b2e2b.png

...works faultlessly. Maybe it's a recent change in fanart.tv?

Thanks.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Yes there is a problem with their secure certificate.

In mediacompanion I changed the URL for images from https to just http, and all images coming down nicely (and quick)

Not sure if that can be done with artwork beef, or what the implications are.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5