v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2018-10-08, 00:33)rmrector Wrote: Kodi has always imported artwork with both names "poster.jpg" and "movie name-poster.jpg", depending on source configuration; the short one doesn't work if your source isn't configured with "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title".

I've always understood poster and fanart needed the file name convention, which is what I prefer Makes it easy to sort, batch copy or otherwise deal with when each file has it's own unique name rather than hundreds all being the same. This is how I believe it would be awsome for Kodi to recognize any extra art as well.

(2018-10-08, 00:33)rmrector Wrote: Kodi 18 has had the ability to add the extra art from scrapers or NFO files for most video library items for most of the year. The work has been done for local files for months, but Team Kodi doesn't like the way it is configured and won't offer any suggestions or direction beyond "wrong approach".
[/quote]

As I've seen in many skins the use of 3 specific extra art items seems almost integrated into Kodi across a wide spread of installations. I'd love to make my life simpler by having these 3 arts automatically scraped by Kodi when I scrape a new movie or re-scrape and existing one. Settings within the artwork section of Kodi to specify how this is handled would allow those who don't use/care for the extra art to not have to worry about them. I manage all my art personally before I ever scrape into Kodi and currently create 2 versions of these 3 extra art so both Kodi and AD will recognize them in the manners in which they work. It always takes additional steps beyond just scraping the new or completely locale information media into my library. I feel this should be able to be accomplished easier.

thanks for your info. Once I'm donw my current library clean-up process I will look into how AB works and if that solves any of my concerns.

Messages In This Thread
Artwork Helper version 0.7.0 - by rmrector - 2016-10-11, 11:30
Extrafanart - by stephen147 - 2018-05-15, 20:59
RE: Artwork Beef Context Menu - by berkhornet - 2018-09-25, 11:49
RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - by K0D1User1138 - 2018-10-08, 05:27
Artwork changing by itself - by crazyhands911 - 2020-05-18, 00:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5