• 46(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
I had a question on multi disc albums and being able to display the individual disc images separately. I read the Artwork Beef Wiki and it had indicated that simply naming the files discart1.png/discart2.png...etc should suffice but I am unable to get the disc images to display using this naming scheme. Single disc albums are displayed correctly with disc art named discart.png.

My folder structure is artist/album/disc #. I have tried placing the discart png's in the root album folder, within the disc specific folders and even tried placing both mp3's and png's within the root album folder.

Is there anything that I am missing in getting the discart to be displayed?

Thanks,
(2018-10-26, 18:46)Rychem28 Wrote: I had a question on multi disc albums and being able to display the individual disc images separately. I read the Artwork Beef Wiki and it had indicated that simply naming the files discart1.png/discart2.png...etc should suffice but I am unable to get the disc images to display using this naming scheme. Single disc albums are displayed correctly with disc art named discart.png.

My folder structure is artist/album/disc #. I have tried placing the discart png's in the root album folder, within the disc specific folders and even tried placing both mp3's and png's within the root album folder.

I don't think there is any skin that can handle discart1, discart2, etc.  The more fundamental problem is that as of Kodi 18, multi-disc releases aren't handled with as much detail as users would like.  Currently, Kodi attempts to group songs that are scanned into a collection called "album" (though "release" may be a better term).  Mostly this is done by reading the "album" tag in each song file during scanning.  Scraping (and most art management) is tied to "albums" and "artists" (performers) in the music database.  While track and discnumber is recorded as attributes of individual songs, the physical layout of the "album" (multiple discs or vinyl "sides") isn't really available, so skins can't easily identify when multiple art related to the actual medium should be displayed.  I haven't looked deeply at it, but I guess it should be possible to link specific art, in this case discart, to individual songs for display within skins.  I will give it a try and report back.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Let me know how you make out, I am going to try a few other things. The mutli-disc art used to work fine with Kodi 17 and lower. All that would need to be done was to put the corresponding cdart in each of the disc folders and it would be displayed as tracks were played. It would seem that with Artwork Beef this is not possible. In the wiki it outlines how to do this but I am having trouble getting it to display in the skin.

Cheers.
(2018-10-26, 18:46)Rychem28 Wrote: I had a question on multi disc albums and being able to display the individual disc images separately. I read the Artwork Beef Wiki and it had indicated that simply naming the files discart1.png/discart2.png...etc should suffice but I am unable to get the disc images to display using this naming scheme. Single disc albums are displayed correctly with disc art named discart.png.

@Rychem28 there have been improvements to multi disc set art handling for v18 that mean you can get individual disc set cover images see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330961. There are also enhancements to what local art Kodi will automatically fetch during scanning see
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331555, that means with a little extra configuration (it is an advanced feature that needs a better GUI setup for v19) you can set local disc art without using Artwork Beef.  Of course to see this art you will need to use a suitable skin that also looks for disc art to be named appropriately, and maybe Scott is right that does not exist yet?

Sorry to not have a friendlier user guide to this stuff yet - volunteer authors welcome
(2018-10-27, 02:24)Rychem28 Wrote: The mutli-disc art used to work fine with Kodi 17 and lower. All that would need to be done was to put the corresponding cdart in each of the disc folders and it would be displayed as tracks were played.
Since there was no native support in those versions of Kodi for that (nor the default skin) it means that you were using an addon to achieve this. The issue is probably just a matter of using the naming that Artwork Beef and skin now expect (or the new native features of v18).

(2018-10-27, 02:24)Rychem28 Wrote: It would seem that with Artwork Beef this is not possible. In the wiki it outlines how to do this but I am having trouble getting it to display in the skin.
Don't prejudge this, give @rmrector a chance to respond. The wiki is out of date in many places, especialy for v18, so it may be a matter of helping us to write the new guide. Smile
@DaveBlake if you use a skin that has $INFO[Player.FolderPath]cdart.png and multi disc albums are in (for example) '/artist/album/disc1',  'artist/album/disc2' then it should just work. Default skin is great for many things (live tv support is brilliant) but it always seems to me to be woefully inadequate for music - I understand why this is but there is so much more info available to display (thanks mostly to your good self) that I just can't use it as it is for music.

@Rychem28 - latts9923 has modded Aeon MQ7 to work with Leia (V18) and with the file structure that you have, it should display the correct disc (naming should just be cdart.png in each directory).  You can find his modded skin here.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2018-10-27, 16:58)black_eagle Wrote: @DaveBlake if you use a skin that has $INFO[Player.FolderPath]cdart.png and multi disc albums are in (for example) '/artist/album/disc1',  'artist/album/disc2' then it should just work.
Always happy to be corrected, but is that really true? I thought that something has to fetch cdart.png and put it in cache, otherwise $INFO[Player.FolderPath]anything.png in skins would work with a local anything.png. Maybe it is a player feature, so more generally what about during browsing too? I'm no art expert, but I have doubts.

(2018-10-27, 16:58)black_eagle Wrote: Default skin is great for many things (live tv support is brilliant) but it always seems to me to be woefully inadequate for music - I understand why this is but there is so much more info available to display (thanks mostly to your good self) that I just can't use it as it is for music.
Agreed, IMO Estuary is particularly lacking in facts let alone art. But there are many alternative art rich skins

(2018-10-27, 16:58)black_eagle Wrote: latts9923 has modded Aeon MQ7 to work with Leia (V18) and with the file structure that you have, it should display the correct disc (naming should just be cdart.png in each directory). 
Just like to point at the discussion about consistent art naming that I hoped we could get addon authors and skinners to come to a consenus i.e. using "discart" rather than "cdart" for music discs just like video discs, but I have momentarily lost it

Thanks,
Since I added the whitelist of local artwork to Artwork Beef, adding artwork from the file system requires very not-obvious configuration that I forgot to document. In the AB add-on setting, you'll need to add "discart1", "discart2", "discart3", and so on to "Additional art types for albums (comma separated)". Artwork Beef also currently expects this artwork in the root album folder rather than individual disc folders.

(2018-10-27, 16:58)black_eagle Wrote: if you use a skin that has $INFO[Player.FolderPath]cdart.png and multi disc albums are in (for example) '/artist/album/disc1',  'artist/album/disc2' then it should just work.
 Skins cobbling together paths directly to artwork files is exactly what we have been working to get us away from. It does generally work but it is a pain to work with compared to adding them into the database. This causes HDD "thrashing" that some folks have trouble with (if the file doesn't exist Kodi will still read the HDD every time looking for it), it's impossible for scrapers to add HTTP URLs for, it doesn't work for plugin provided media... all but the last three bullet points of my reasons for replacing extrafanart applies generally to cobbling together paths to artwork.

The suggestion in the Artwork Beef documentation to get these displayed in the skin is goofy, no doubt about that. Ideally discs would be a separate media item that can have artwork and a title and some other bits of info in the database (like TV show seasons), but we aren't there yet.

(2018-10-27, 14:05)DaveBlake Wrote: ... that mean you can get individual disc set cover images see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330961. There are also enhancements to what local art Kodi will automatically fetch during scanning see
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331555, that means with a little extra configuration (it is an advanced feature that needs a better GUI setup for v19) you can set local disc art without using Artwork Beef.  

Would it be possible to apply the local artwork whitelist from the second link to the disc set handling of the first link? That would do away with my goofy suggestion for skin display nicely.

Edit: Here is the discussion for art type names.
@DaveBlake @rmrector 

Thanks for the insight into this, I was not aware of the changes to scrapping capability of the Kodi core with the udpate to V18. 

I had a read on the other thread and I think I understand more, I have gone and setup my advancedsettings.xml files to match the suggestions there. It hasn't fixed the issue with multidisc images but I do like relying on the Kodi core capability for scraping as a back up to Artwork Beef.

Cheers/
@DaveBlake @rmrector 

Wanted to give you a heads up that I got everything working with disc specific (CD) images for both player and in the info page. I don't know why it works but it does and it is a combination of a couple of things (this is with using just the Kodi core capabilities not Artwork Beef, but thought it might be interesting (I am using Aeon Nox Silvo skin):

1) I created a new artwork item as decribed above. discart1 and discart2. All my CD images are labelled discart.png and in the case of multi CD's these are placed in the disc specific folder.
2) In the skin, I changed the variable for the disc image display to:  <value condition="Integer.IsEqual(ListItem.DiscNumber,1)">$INFO[ListItem.Art(album.discart1)]</value>: change all the 1's to 2's for the second CD image.
3) In the skin, for the player CD image:   <value condition="Integer.IsEqual(MusicPlayer.DiscNumber,1)">$INFO[Player.Art(album.discart1)]</value>, again change the 1's to 2's on a second line for the second CD image.

For whatever reason, Kodi scrapes the disc specific CD images into discart1 and discart2 headings. 

CD images change in both info and player as the disc # changes (which needs to be set in the tags).

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.
@rmrector
When you have free tiime, one thing going on my nerve.None of all maded script for xbmc/kodi cant change art for Actors.
Can you make AB to be first addons, for this progress.

hate, when I have different dimenssion for thumb.......

I want to look like this

This is much better, but need to image download manual and set path.With your magic - AB.......it will be simlple.
Just from context menu user choose "AB: select artwork..", with select dialog chose image from TMDB and press "OK" Smile
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
@Rychem28 wonderful, thanks.
(2018-10-29, 03:16)Rychem28 Wrote: Kodi scrapes the disc specific CD images into discart1 and discart2 headings. 

@DaveBlake So the whitelist for that is already set up, would it be possible to do the GUI bit of splitting other numbered album artwork (like "discart1", "discart2") to the individual songs based on tagged disc number like it does with "thumb#"?

@Angelinas This will require changes to Kodi core. I would like to expand the JSON-RPC interface to cover missing bits like this, but that's a future-version-of-Kodi thing.
(2018-11-01, 05:59)rmrector Wrote: @DaveBlake So the whitelist for that is already set up, would it be possible to do the GUI bit of splitting other numbered album artwork (like "discart1", "discart2") to the individual songs based on tagged disc number like it does with "thumb#"? 
Yes that makes good sense, something for v19 - apply disc number tag numbers in to any album or song art type
@rmrector 

Just recently started using Artwork Beef and am very impressed with it's ease of use and speed!  Quick question about Movie Sets.  For some reason the movie set poster is being assigned to movies where an Animated Poster cannot be found in my library.  I'm using the Aeon MQ 7 skin on Krypton.  I stored the files locally and took a look at the movies in the collection and they all have the same poster...so, I know that it's the skin that's pulling the Animated posters and displaying those in place of what AB is downloading but I don't understand why it's not getting individual movie posters for those particular movies. It seems like AB is seeing that a movie belongs in a collection and just grabbing the same collection poster for each of the movies within that collection.  Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide!
(2018-11-03, 20:58)pantherts Wrote: Just recently started using Artwork Beef and am very impressed with it's ease of use and speed!  Quick question about Movie Sets.  For some reason the movie set poster is being assigned to movies where an Animated Poster cannot be found in my library.  I'm using the Aeon MQ 7 skin on Krypton.  I stored the files locally and took a look at the movies in the collection and they all have the same poster...so, I know that it's the skin that's pulling the Animated posters and displaying those in place of what AB is downloading but I don't understand why it's not getting individual movie posters for those particular movies. It seems like AB is seeing that a movie belongs in a collection and just grabbing the same collection poster for each of the movies within that collection.  Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide!
 I'll need more information to narrow this down. If you open the standard Kodi "Choose art" dialog on an affected movie, is the correct image shown as the "Poster" list item? How are your movie files, their artwork, and the movie set artwork arranged on your disk? A couple of screenshots of the file listing should cover it, and include an affected movie.
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5