v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2018-10-26, 18:46)Rychem28 Wrote: I had a question on multi disc albums and being able to display the individual disc images separately. I read the Artwork Beef Wiki and it had indicated that simply naming the files discart1.png/discart2.png...etc should suffice but I am unable to get the disc images to display using this naming scheme. Single disc albums are displayed correctly with disc art named discart.png.

My folder structure is artist/album/disc #. I have tried placing the discart png's in the root album folder, within the disc specific folders and even tried placing both mp3's and png's within the root album folder.

Is there anything that I am missing in getting the discart to be displayed?

Thanks,
Since I added the whitelist of local artwork to Artwork Beef, adding artwork from the file system requires very not-obvious configuration that I forgot to document. In the AB add-on setting, you'll need to add "discart1", "discart2", "discart3", and so on to "Additional art types for albums (comma separated)". Artwork Beef also currently expects this artwork in the root album folder rather than individual disc folders.

(2018-10-27, 16:58)black_eagle Wrote: if you use a skin that has $INFO[Player.FolderPath]cdart.png and multi disc albums are in (for example) '/artist/album/disc1',  'artist/album/disc2' then it should just work.
 Skins cobbling together paths directly to artwork files is exactly what we have been working to get us away from. It does generally work but it is a pain to work with compared to adding them into the database. This causes HDD "thrashing" that some folks have trouble with (if the file doesn't exist Kodi will still read the HDD every time looking for it), it's impossible for scrapers to add HTTP URLs for, it doesn't work for plugin provided media... all but the last three bullet points of my reasons for replacing extrafanart applies generally to cobbling together paths to artwork.

The suggestion in the Artwork Beef documentation to get these displayed in the skin is goofy, no doubt about that. Ideally discs would be a separate media item that can have artwork and a title and some other bits of info in the database (like TV show seasons), but we aren't there yet.

(2018-10-27, 14:05)DaveBlake Wrote: ... that mean you can get individual disc set cover images see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330961. There are also enhancements to what local art Kodi will automatically fetch during scanning see
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331555, that means with a little extra configuration (it is an advanced feature that needs a better GUI setup for v19) you can set local disc art without using Artwork Beef.  

Would it be possible to apply the local artwork whitelist from the second link to the disc set handling of the first link? That would do away with my goofy suggestion for skin display nicely.

Edit: Here is the discussion for art type names.

Messages In This Thread
Artwork Helper version 0.7.0 - by rmrector - 2016-10-11, 11:30
Extrafanart - by stephen147 - 2018-05-15, 20:59
RE: Artwork Beef Context Menu - by berkhornet - 2018-09-25, 11:49
RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - by rmrector - 2018-10-27, 23:11
Artwork changing by itself - by crazyhands911 - 2020-05-18, 00:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5