• 49(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2018-12-16, 10:41)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: folder.jpg vs thumb.jpg
After switching from Krypton to Leia i noticed that a lot of artists in my music library have no picture displayed anymore, even though i have a folder.jpg for each one.
I now have to click on an artist -> information -> and chose the local one, then it gets displayed again.

Artwork beef uses thumb.jpg instead of folder.jpg, could that be the cause of that issue?
Has this changed in general for Leia?
No you don't need to call local artist art thumb.jpg, folder.jpg is still the deafult name.

Also @VelvetKevorkian I don't think the missing art is an Artwork Beef issue, but could be caused by imporvements to the way local art for artists is handled in Leia.

Previous versions of Kodi were too casual in the way they identified the folder for an artist, and there were numerous problems with the wrong art being picked up from unexpected places. Leia is much more careful - all the music by an album artist must be under a common folder, and that folder much be unique for that artist. If it can't find such a folder it does not just take the one above the album folders and grab art from there.

Leia also offers an "artist information folder" setting that let's the user nominate a specific folder that will have subfolders for each artist containing local art and NFO files. This liberates users from having to have all the music by an artist in one place, it means it can handle collaborations (more than one album artist e.g. orchesta + conductor), or can divide music by folder for some other category e.g. wife's music, party stuff etc. More on that here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=319284

So the missing art could be down to the way the music is arranged in folders. Perhaps you would like to start a thread in Music Support giving examles of folder layout for the missing artist art and PM me with a link to your MyMusic72.db.

But of course @rmrector if you know how AB could be involved please jump in
@VelvetKevorkian And Artwork Beef just doesn't support artist artwork in artist folders, only Kodi's central artist info directory, so it won't add them either way. You'll have to use Kodi's built in file scanner.
Okay, thx for the info.
Hm, maybe it was due to the DB migration from Krypton to Leia.
Can't rule anything out since that DB has been through alot, including two migrations and manual sql adjustments
(manually rated ~ 25000 songs, so i'm not scanning in a new one, nu-uh).
For now i manually chose the correct local thumbs again for the artists without one, they weren't that many and i could not see a pattern why some were without one suddenly.

My general folder setup is
Music\Artist\Year - Album
That Music folder is also pointed to in Kodi settings for artwork.
All tagged using MusicBrainz Picard (+ Mp3tag for missing genres/covers).

If i can optimise that in any way/set specific settings in KODI/Artwoork beef...
i'm all ears.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
(2018-12-22, 11:17)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Hm, maybe it was due to the DB migration from Krypton to Leia. Can't rule anything out since that DB has been through alot, including two migrations and manual sql adjustments
(manually rated ~ 25000 songs, so i'm not scanning in a new one, nu-uh).
@VelvetKevorkian I hope to add facility to export/import the dynamic song data e.g. last played, playcount and ratings in v19. I didn't get the time in v18, but I am aware it is a lack. Meanwhile if you are up for "manual sql adjustments" then I can suggest SQL needed to repopulate a newly scanned library with the song playback history data from a previous one.

(2018-12-22, 11:17)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: For now i manually chose the correct local thumbs again for the artists without one, they weren't that many and i could not see a pattern why some were without one suddenly.
I understand why you would just fix manually, but I am interested to know why some local artist art was not picked up. Was the Wildhearts one of those artists, and do you have any other music involving them that isn't in folder under that folder? Or music by other artists in that folder? Don't worry that you can't see a pattern just dig into an example. I can also give you some SQL queries to explore what Kodi thinks about folder path uniqueness, or perhaps simpler just let me have your music db.
Hello, Kodi hasn't been able to scrape extrathumbs for some time.
However, my skin needs this for the pictures.

In Artworkbeef I have set the API Key of fanart.tv

Anybody got an idea?

Old structure:

(2018-12-28, 13:38)Slipass Wrote: Hello, Kodi hasn't been able to scrape extrathumbs for some time.

Anybody got an idea?

ImageImage

Old structure:

Might be wrong here, but, I don't believe Kodi or AB download extrathumbs.  You need some third party media manager like Media Companion, etc.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2018-12-28, 17:02)bobrap Wrote:
(2018-12-28, 13:38)Slipass Wrote: Hello, Kodi hasn't been able to scrape extrathumbs for some time.

Anybody got an idea?

ImageImage

Old structure:

Might be wrong here, but, I don't believe Kodi or AB download extrathumbs.  You need some third party media manager like Media Companion, etc. 
 A third software solution is not a solution for me because of the effort involved.

Before Kodi and Artworkbeef downloaded the folders and extrathumbs.
Only since about 2 weeks it doesn't work anymore. ;(
I just noticed that today

It used to download up 4 extra fanart# images but it looks like it's been about a month since the last time it actually added some

Edit: It has still been adding movieset fanart# images just not movie/tv images like it used too. The last fanart# image it added as on the 17th Nov i think there's been one? update since then maybe that caused it
@Slipass Neither Kodi nor Artwork Beef have ever added extrathumbs from web services, @bobrap is correct.

@komplex Multiple fanart works here. If you have "Prefer artwork from specific web service" set to a specific web service, then that web service may only have one image to download for some movies. Make sure Artwork Beef is configured to add and download more than one fanart. If that's not it, I'll need more info to troubleshoot further. Enable Kodi debug logging, then remove the local fanart for a movie that definitely has more than one fanart on your preferred web service (like Blade Runner 2049), and then run "AB: Add missing artwork" on that one movie. Then post the debug log.
@rmrector 

Thanks for the feedback.

Maybe I have expressed myself a little wrong.  I just suspect that the standard scrapers of Kodi TVDB and The Movie Database created these folders. Or just the artworkbeef.

Which tool could it have been that created the folder "extrathumbs"?
Since the beginning of November these folders are no longer created.

Otherwise I only use the standard scrapers of Kodi (TVDB and The Movie Database) and the Artworkbeef.

Thank you
I uninstalled the addon and installed it again, without entering any API keys, the addon works flawlessly now on Kodi 18 and Estuary MOD V2 skin. No more failure messages.
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
@Slipass The only tools I know of that adds extrathumbs is the old Artwork Downloader and some of the media manager apps.
@rmrector  Thanks for your effort.
That's the solution. In November I completely redesigned my UserData and deleted Artwork Downloader, because it is no longer supported by Kodi 18 - at least Kodi shows the message.

I just installed the old version (14.40) again and did a scan of the database and it works. The folders are created.
Is there a way/chance that other scrapers can create the folder or does the skin (Aeon Madnox) have to be reprogrammed?

The old Artwork Downloader version is certainly no solution in the long run.

Without thumbs

With Thumbs
(2018-12-29, 21:08)rmrector Wrote: @komplex Multiple fanart works here. If you have "Prefer artwork from specific web service" set to a specific web service, then that web service may only have one image to download for some movies. Make sure Artwork Beef is configured to add and download more than one fanart. If that's not it, I'll need more info to troubleshoot further. Enable Kodi debug logging, then remove the local fanart for a movie that definitely has more than one fanart on your preferred web service (like Blade Runner 2049), and then run "AB: Add missing artwork" on that one movie. Then post the debug log.
debug log ran AB: Add missing artwork on Blade Runner 2049 after deleting the extra fanart that was there
Settings didn't change from the last time it worked
It still adds movieset extra fanart just not movies
@Slipass Here is a development item tracking this idea for Artwork Beef, but it's a low priority. I can't speak for any other development, but it's all software so one thing or another can be changed, it requires someone to work on it.

It is outside of the scope of "scrapers" to download artwork locally, and adding this to Kodi would take some design consideration and then significant coding changes. A media manager that supports extrathumbs is the solution here.

Edit: @komplex Make sure you delete all of the local fanart, including the main fanart image, not just the extra fanart. Run another debug log, but this time enable the Artwork Beef setting Enable Artwork Beef debug context items on the "Advanced" tab and then run "AB: log debug info" from the "Manage ..." context menu of the movie before running "AB: Add missing artwork". Then post a new debug log if the fanart still isn't added.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5