• 53(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
@rmrector 

There have ever been reports that excessive use of simultaneous multiimage via fadelabel control causes the "$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)] stops returning a value" bug?
This may be very important for future skinning, see here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2828134

I am very grateful for any information. thanks

_____

EDIT 1: Also some skinners experiencing the $INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)] stops returning a value" bug when implementing multiimage via fadelabel control.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2828088
I've never seen this happen. I don't have enough information to investigate now, but if you can come up with a debug log or straightforward instructions that I can use to reproduce the issue then I can take a look.

It's unlikely to have anything to do with the fadelabel or multiimage directly, but you've got an awful lot going on there so you may be pushing against some other limit.
I have a question.  I just setup Aeon MQ7 skin and installed the Artwork Beef Add-On andran it on my few movies I am testing with and it downloaded the disc art and other ones but did not put them in the movie folder where I have the other existing artwork.  Where does it download and store the new artwork and can it be configured to store in the individual folders with the movies and other artwork so I don't fill up the internal storage of my Firestick and my Nvidia Shield TV?

Thanks,

Scott
Two questions about AB:
- I have downloaded some artwork with a low image number limit (3 fanarts), and would add some more, but avoid duplicates. Is it enough to raise limit and run general artwork download for existing items?
- Is there a way to clean (also from disk, or at least from Kodi) all clear* types of artowrk?

TIA
(2019-03-01, 04:05)rmrector Wrote: I've never seen this happen. I don't have enough information to investigate now, but if you can come up with a debug log or straightforward instructions that I can use to reproduce the issue then I can take a look.

It's unlikely to have anything to do with the fadelabel or multiimage directly, but you've got an awful lot going on there so you may be pushing against some other limit.

I have tested it out for several weeks, in different skins in different variations, it does not work! After a while of use, the main fanart simply disappears. ->  $INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)] stops returning a value
Please test it out, you will see it. The entry in the wiki may be marked as broken.

My Example code in MyVideoNav.xml

Code:
        <control type="fadelabel" id="4420">
            <top>-2000</top>
            <width>2560</width>
            <height>0</height>
            <scrollspeed>0</scrollspeed>
            <scrollout>false</scrollout>
            <font>Font-LineLabel</font>
            <textcolor>white</textcolor>
            <randomize>false</randomize>
            <pauseatend>10000</pauseatend>
            <resetonlabelchange>true</resetonlabelchange>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart)]</label>            
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart1)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart2)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart3)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart4)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart5)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart6)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart7)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart8)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart9)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart10)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart11)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart12)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart13)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart14)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart15)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart16)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart17)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart18)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart19)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart20)]</label>
        </control>  

Link to the fanart value in IncludesVariables.xml:

Code:
    <variable name="value_videofanart">
        <value condition="Container.Content(movies) + String.Contains(Skin.String(moviesfanart),fallback)">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFallbackMoviesBG)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(movies) + String.Contains(Skin.String(moviesfanart),curtains)">special://skin/backgrounds/extras/curtains.jpg</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(movies) + String.Contains(Skin.String(moviesfanart),extra)">$INFO[ListItem.Path]extrafanart/</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(movies) + String.Contains(Skin.String(moviesfanart),artworkbeef)">$INFO[Control.Getlabel(4420)]</value>        
        <value condition="Container.Content(musicvideos) + String.Contains(Skin.String(musicvideosfanart),fallback)">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFallbackMusicVideosBG)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(musicvideos) + String.Contains(Skin.String(musicvideosfanart),curtains)">special://skin/backgrounds/extras/curtains.jpg</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(musicvideos) + String.Contains(Skin.String(musicvideosfanart),extra)">$INFO[ListItem.Path]extrafanart/</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(tvshows) + String.Contains(Skin.String(tvshowsfanart),fallback)">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFallbackTVShowsBG)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(tvshows) + String.Contains(Skin.String(tvshowsfanart),curtains)">special://skin/backgrounds/extras/curtains.jpg</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(tvshows) + String.Contains(Skin.String(tvshowsfanart),extra)">$INFO[ListItem.Path]extrafanart/</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(tvshows) + String.Contains(Skin.String(tvshowsfanart),artworkbeef)">$INFO[Control.Getlabel(4420)]</value>        
        <value condition="Container.Content(seasons) + String.Contains(Skin.String(seasonsfanart),fallback)">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFallbackSeasonsBG)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(seasons) + String.Contains(Skin.String(seasonsfanart),curtains)">special://skin/backgrounds/extras/curtains.jpg</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(seasons) + String.Contains(Skin.String(seasonsfanart),extra)">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,extrafanart/]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(seasons) + String.Contains(Skin.String(seasonsfanart),seasons)">$INFO[ListItem.Path]$INFO[ListItem.Label,,/fanart.jpg]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(episodes) + String.Contains(Skin.String(episodesfanart),fallback)">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFallbackEpisodesBG)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(episodes) + String.Contains(Skin.String(episodesfanart),curtains)">special://skin/backgrounds/extras/curtains.jpg</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(episodes) + String.Contains(Skin.String(episodesfanart),extra)">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,../extrafanart/]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(episodes) + String.Contains(Skin.String(episodesfanart),seasons)">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,fanart.jpg]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(sets) + String.Contains(Skin.String(setsfanart),fallback)">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFallbackSetsBG)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(sets) + String.Contains(Skin.String(setsfanart),curtains)">special://skin/backgrounds/extras/curtains.jpg</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(sets) + String.Contains(Skin.String(setsfanart),extra)">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.ExtraFanArt)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(sets) + String.Contains(Skin.String(setsfanart),artworkbeef)">$INFO[Control.Getlabel(4420)]</value>            
        <value condition="Container.Content(addons) + String.Contains(Skin.String(programsfanart),fanart)">$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(addons) + String.Contains(Skin.String(programsfanart),fallback)">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFallbackProgramsBG)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(addons) + String.Contains(Skin.String(programsfanart),curtains)">special://skin/backgrounds/extras/curtains.jpg</value>
        <!-- MULTI MOD -->
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value>
        <!-- MULTI MOD -->  

In addition: There is something wrong here with the random generation, it is usually but not always showing the first fanart, then random but always in the same order. Random work lot better in a regular (ListItem.Folder) multiimage or ArtworkHelper multiimage.
Also if only one backdrop is aviable it is "pulsing" it is not a static display .. there is a change animation, this behavior is not on regular (ListItem.Folder) multiimage or ArtworkHelper multiimage.

@latts9923  you also have it testet out in your skin, can you confirm this? $INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)] stops returning a value on use multiimage via fadelabel control
Quote:@chrissix 

Yes, I see the same behavior with the AB fadelabel code. I’ll take a look at the code you provided when I can. I’m going to be away from my modding PC for a few days. Thanks for the info!
_____

I then changed everything to ArtworkHelper codes, they work great.
(2019-03-02, 02:15)kinghtrider Wrote: I have a question.  I just setup Aeon MQ7 skin and installed the Artwork Beef Add-On andran it on my few movies I am testing with and it downloaded the disc art and other ones but did not put them in the movie folder where I have the other existing artwork.  Where does it download and store the new artwork and can it be configured to store in the individual folders with the movies and other artwork so I don't fill up the internal storage of my Firestick and my Nvidia Shield TV?

Thanks,

Scott

By default Artwork Beef doesn't download images, Kodi downloads it as part of its caching process. Artwork Beef can be configured to download artwork to your movie folder.
(2019-03-03, 16:37)baza_dwa Wrote: Two questions about AB:
- I have downloaded some artwork with a low image number limit (3 fanarts), and would add some more, but avoid duplicates. Is it enough to raise limit and run general artwork download for existing items?
- Is there a way to clean (also from disk, or at least from Kodi) all clear* types of artowrk?

TIA

1. No, if you have fanart downloaded locally for an item, Artwork Beef won't download more. It does this to avoid duplicates.
2. Artwork Beef can remove specific artwork types if run from Program Add-ons.
(2019-03-08, 22:08)chrissix Wrote: I have tested it out for several weeks, in different skins in different variations, it does not work!

Have you tried modifying the original Estuary just enough to include this? Try also on a clean install of Kodi with just your original database, no add-ons, does it still happen? Does it happen if you have the infolabels all display as individual labels instead of in a fadelabel?

(2019-03-08, 22:08)chrissix Wrote: Please test it out, you will see it. The entry in the wiki may be marked as broken.

I have used something very similar for a couple years now and have not had this problem. I can also guarantee there is a lot more in common with all your tests so far than just this. Narrow it down.
(2019-03-08, 22:08)chrissix Wrote: In addition: There is something wrong here with the random generation, it is usually but not always showing the first fanart, then random but always in the same order.

That randomization is up to Kodi.
(2019-03-08, 22:08)chrissix Wrote: Also if only one backdrop is aviable it is "pulsing" it is not a static display .. there is a change animation

Yup, Kodi does that.
(2019-03-09, 09:04)rmrector Wrote: I have used something very similar for a couple years now and have not had this problem.

I also used the code in different scenarios with fanart, poster, keyart, characterart.
It only occurs with fanart.
(2019-02-18, 22:50)chrissix Wrote: I use 4 thumbs in extrathumbs folder, they are named folliwing (It's the kodi naming convention) and want to copy it to parent folder nearby the other artwork types and rename it the following:
thumb0.jpg -> [media base file name]-[thumb].[jpg] -> not accepted
thumb1.jpg -> [media base file name]-[thumb1].[jpg] -> accepted
thumb2.jpg -> [media base file name]-[thumb2].[jpg] -> accepted
thumb3.jpg -> [media base file name]-[thumb3].[jpg] -> accepted

I've investigated this further and it worked for me once I added "thumb" to "Additional art types for movies". Double check that setting, and make sure to disable "Replace movie 'thumb' with Kodi generated thumb" on the "Advanced" tab.
(2019-02-20, 22:04)chrissix Wrote: and then click on add missing artwork for all videos (new, old, and all in between)
it's picking up all -> main fanart+fanart0-9 = in kodi main fanart+fanart1-10

all ok (but the counter is 10, but it's pickung up all fanart+fanart0-9=11?)

I can't reproduce this. When the counter is 10 Artwork Beef only adds 10 fanart added to the library, with either automated process.
Under the section "Media Tytpe\Download artwork to local files”,  I set the option "Artwork download configuration" to the choice "All configured above"
Then, I want the arts to store without the base file name as a prefix and additional movies fanarts to download into the extrafanart directory
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4dea9ri1i4dgc...7.png?dl=0

After having loaded from web services all the arts I need (action: “add missing artwork for …” for All movies), I expected to find arts locally stored but nothing happens
Even if I select “Save movies artwork with movie base file name” and “Save additional movie and TV show fanart to ‘extrafanart’ directory instead”, when I export the movie library, the arts are stored in the same folder of the media (and not in the extrafanart folder) with a file name having the base file name as prefix.

In any case, I don't understand why, if I disable the option “Save music video artwork with movie base file name”, the two below options disappear
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4of1c7norjy2j...6.png?dl=0

Thanks in advance
@Jumpy73 

You are confusing a few settings.
For what you want to do no -prefix settings are needed. Forget that. This only affects the movie main folder.

You have to activate all these 3 checkboxes for extrafanarts in extrafanarts folder.
https://i.ibb.co/Y3Qxbb7/Screenshot-276.png

Read the first half of post #778 and you become enlightened
(2019-03-10, 01:36)chrissix Wrote: @Jumpy73 

You are confusing a few settings.
For what you want to do no -prefix settings are needed. Forget that. This only affects the movie main folder.

You have to activate all these 3 checkboxes for extrafanarts in extrafanarts folder.
https://i.ibb.co/Y3Qxbb7/Screenshot-276.png

Read the first half of post #778 and you become enlightened
Just for the record, before writing the post I had carefully read the wiki page of addon. There all seemed to be understandable and intuitive.
Now I have read the post you mentioned (#778) and I have understood that the configuration is a bit buggy and, above all, those bugs will be addressed and hopefully solved for the next release upgrade.

Came back to us...

Needs:
 1) I have new movies to add to the library and I want Artwork beef to fill the library database and to download locally all the arts I choosed. Regarding the local downloading, I want all the before mentioned arts to be stored as follow (no more nor less than how it worked before, simply to not change anything done in the past):
     + single image arts in the main movie folder
     + multi images arts (ex. the extrafanarts) in the specific extrafanart folder, except for the first fanart to be stored in the main movie folder

2) I want the fanart and extrafanarts to be cycled properly when I select any skin view where extrafanart option menu is enabled

Questions...
 1) How do I have to configure Artwork beef settings in order to satisfy the two before mentioned needs? (probably how in https://i.ibb.co/Y3Qxbb7/Screenshot-276.png)
 2) Which Actions do I have to follow to do it?
     if I run " add missing artwork for all videos (new, old, and all in between)", I expected the library to be updated and new artworks, not yet available locally, downloaded from web services and stored locally, as per configuration settings of 1) point
 3) if I want to generate nfo files for future use, I export the movie library. When kody asks me for downloading artist, fanarts files and overwrite current files, What do I have to do?
     do these choices interfere in any way with a good final result (a clean movie folder organization and a right number of files with the choosen naming convention) or not?

I hope I have been understandable because I'm not native english

Many tks and regards
Artwork Beef updated to 0.23.2

With fixes.

- Fix: add debug context item "remove all art" to seasons
- Fix: limit image downloads on consistent web service errors
- Fix: don't hide "extrafanart" folder settings
- Fix: always find artwork from "extrafanart" folders
- Fix: check if folders exist before list to avoid Kodi error in log
Good Morning,

i have Long time the Beef together with Kodi 18 and ist running. Now I updated because I also want the fanart for Music and and filled with my api from fanart.tv and a projekt key for this. But now every time i get a fault message, that the api for fanart and theaudiodb.com Project api key isn't installed correct. I have to look in the log. First, I cannot find the log and second… what can it be? I also see, when AB is starting after Restart the Computer, it hangs with my first movie and after that, i don't have Connection to my weather from yahoo. After deactive AB the weather is shown again…

Hope you can help. I love AB

Gruß Uwe
KODI 20 - AEON MQ8 for NEXUS MOD
5 Clients Win11 Pro - WinServer 2016 Essentials - DVBViewer / MediaServer - 2 x DD Duoflex C2/T2 - Duoflex CI - Deltacam 2.0 Twin - Vodafone HD/Sky
@Holzfred

Read through this post, and it will tell you where to find the logs on Windows... Guide to Advanced Debug
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I was having issues with characterart for TV shows, I could see that they had been downloaded but were not showing up.
When I went to the Directory, the .png files were all in the root of the Directory for that TV show, as soon as I manually added in a Directory called characterart and moved all the relevant .png files they started working.
Would it possible in future updates that Artwork Beef creates a characterart Directory if not already there and places characterart.png files into that directory?
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5