• 56(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
Hi,

I have looked through the docs and searched this thread but I cant see if it is possible to run AB via the commandline with no user interaction?
I would like to run "add missing artwork for all items" periodically with no user interaction.
I have been mucking about with json-rpc and texture cache maintenance utility and while I am able to launch AB, a pop up displays asking what type of scan to complete.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Command line control is unknown to me, never heard about in AB.

But you can also control the most common ArtworkBeef functions through the skin, and provide the command with a time period or timestamp.

Or use a Media Manager and create a batch script from the Media Manager command to search for new artwork
Hello, I'm currently running Kodi 18.1 on a Shield TV and have artwork beef setup to download art for my movies/tv/music to storage (works great!), but I am running into some strange behavior with movie sets that I can't seem to figure out. I'm trying to setup movie set artwork to download to storage using the "central directory" and "subfolder" setting. When I turn this on and run artwork beef folders are created for each movie set, however only one piece of artwork is stored in the folder. The other files are placed in the root central directory. Using the example from the wiki it looks something like this: 

... /[central movie set info directory]/poster.jpg
... /[central movie set info directory]/Movie Collection Name/fanart.jpg
... /[central movie set info directory]/fanart1.jpg

This repeats resulting in these files getting written over many times and causing almost all the movie sets in my library to share the same artwork-- if for example the last set processed was xmen, and it overwrote [central movie set info directory]/poster.jpg, all the movie sets in my library would now have the xmen poster. It looks something like this:

... /[central movie set info directory]/Movie Collection 1 Name/fanart.jpg
... /[central movie set info directory]/Movie Collection 2 Name/banner.jpg
... /[central movie set info directory]/poster.jpg
... /[central movie set info directory]/fanart1.jpg
... /[central movie set info directory]/banner.jpg
... /[central movie set info directory]/fanart2.jpg 

I can post logs once I get home later but thought I'd go ahead and post this incase anyone had an idea-- perhaps I am just doing something wrong?

If you have any ideas it would be appreciated! Cheers
@teeedubb The documentation has all the actions that be triggered externally. 
This is a bad idea, it puts unnecessary load on the web services that make all this possible. Artwork Beef will look up artwork for old media items after a time on its own, designed to be nicer to the web services.

@Kokopelli13 That's an odd one. I will need a log.

@Eagle10PT 
(2016-02-05, 12:08)rmrector Wrote: READ THIS if you are having problems

Make sure you have the latest version of Artwork Beef (see the change log for the latest version available). Include (1) the exact version numbers of Kodi, Artwork Beef, and the OS you are using along with (2) a detailed description of the problem in a post here on the thread. I will need (3) the Kodi debug log file to fully understand your problem; while recording the debug log run the process that you are having trouble with. If there are relevant lines in the standard log then I might be able to work with those (for those intermittent problems that are difficult to catch in a debug log), and (4) the artwork report (userdata/addon_data/script.artwork.beef/artwork-report.txt) can also have some useful info. Configuration for Artwork Beef is can be complicated, so it may be helpful to post (5) your Artwork Beef "settings.xml" file (remove the lines that include "apikey" or "fanarttv_key" if you have set them in the configuration) - it can be found in "userdata" next to the artwork report. If your problem is with identifying local artwork, (6) a screenshot or listing from the file system for an affected media item and its artwork can also be helpful. The more items you include, the more likely it is I can help you.
@rmrector @"chrissix" Thanks, I didnt realise that AB can scan automatically on its own.
No doubt this has been brought up somewhere in the last 57 pages (although searched for 'orphaned' didn't reveal anything).

Would it be possible for this already awesome addon to be able to clean orphaned artwork for media that has been removed and deleted from the library. I often delete content after watching it once unless it has great replay value, and while I love all the fanart for backgrounds, all the old fanart from deleted content still continues to show up. It would be great to be able to have AB do a cleanup of all orphaned art and thumbs associated with content that is no longer in the library.

If I'm missing something and this functionality already exists then I'm eager to learn how to do this.

Thanks for one of the most useful addons in my system!!!
Texturecache does this job .
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=htt...are_type=t

Its command line, but very powerful
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2019-03-30, 00:06)griffindodd Wrote: Would it be possible for this already awesome addon to be able to clean orphaned artwork for media that has been removed and deleted from the library.

You can also erase completely the thumbnails folder and then make a pre-cache with ArtworkBeef - same effect as you wish - all orphaned artwork is gone.
I do this very often.
Please do this only when using local artwork, i don't know whats the behavior on deleting thumbnails folder when using only remote images. When using local artwork you're on safe side.
(2019-03-31, 03:04)chrissix Wrote: i don't know whats the behavior on deleting thumbnails folder when using only remote images
One of the problems when doing this for remote images, is the excess and unnecessary load placed on the servers of those sites providing the free service. So as @chrissix states, please only do this with local artwork.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@rmrector I've been trying to recreate the error I previously mentioned so that I could log it, however now I am getting a write error when it tries to write to the movie set directory. This is especially strange because it continues to write movie specific art on the same share without problems. I did a quick search and found that others received this error because of invalid characters in their path-- but that's not the case here.. I've included a log of this (https://pastebin.com/ixymu7C0) although it doesn't seem to be very telling (to me at least). You can see though that the path it tries to write to is the root of the movie collection info directory even though the subdir setting it checked. 

I think I'm going to try a fresh wipe of Kodi and see if that doesn't change anything.

Cheers
Hi, is there a way to make the addon centralize all the artwork it downloads to certain folder? I mean, I don't like the extra jpgs that the addon stores along the video files so I would like to point X folder for Artwork Beef to store all the images there. Is there a way I could do this?
I don't know if I'm blind or something but I haven't found any option, thanks.
Just wanted to follow up from my last post. Did a clean wipe of Kodi and installed artwork beef, but ran into the same write error.  Sad
Hello fellow Kodi friends. I just want to say I love AB and have a question. For the most part AB does a great job of pulling artwork for my Kodi library. I have noticed that some images are not pulled from Fanart TV Clearlogos for some TV shows for example I know they are in Fanart TV Britannia, Arm and Tacoma FD are a few that I downloaded manually from Fanart TV just curious why most items but not all are pulled?
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2019-04-03, 13:09)cscott1 Wrote: Hello fellow Kodi friends. I just want to say I love AB and have a question. For the most part AB does a great job of pulling artwork for my Kodi library. I have noticed that some images are not pulled from Fanart TV Clearlogos for some TV shows for example I know they are in Fanart TV Britannia, Arm and Tacoma FD are a few that I downloaded manually from Fanart TV just curious why most items but not all are pulled?

Your problem has nothing to do with ArtworkBeef, the problem with "Britania" is on Fanart.tv
The ID differs:
70484 on TMDB (Fanart.Tv always compares ID's with TMDB also on TvShows, Fanart.Tv do nothing with TVDB)
320827 on Fanart.Tv

Sometimes TMDB ID's are changing and on Fanart.Tv is no System to change that backwards, or the member who set the ID on Fanart.Tv was just tired.
Currently you have to download the arts manually, request it to Fanart.Tv to correct ID to get fanart over api access again.

Try the same comparison with other Media you have problems, just visit their websites and on the link adress bar you see the ID's
Hello friends, greetings from Greece.

I started using AB just yesterday and I would like to know if it's possible to place the downloaded artwork (in local file system) in separate folder than the one on the documentation.

Exaple:
Documentation says that we should place artwork in this location:
Artwork for //MRHOOD/TVShows/TV Show 1/ can generally be stored at //MRHOOD/TVShows/TV Show 1/[art type].[ext]

Is it possible to store artwork in this path: ... /TV Show 1/ARTWORK/[art type].[ext]  ?

Will AB pick the artwork from that location (from an extra separate folder but within the default location/path)??

Sorry if this question has been ansered...
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5