• 60(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2019-05-17, 11:15)freddy_krueger Wrote: Thank you for this fantastic Addon
I have a question . I dont have a Big vidéo library
I use Netflix , Amazon and other streaming video addons . Is there a way to make AB grab from this addons ?
Thanks again
Artwork Beef only adds artwork for items in the Kodi library, so it can if media from those items are integrated in the library. I don't know how to go about that, though.

(2019-05-20, 16:51)ferdinand Wrote: Hi all, I've been getting this error lately along with a message in Kodi saying that Artwork Beef has got an error and I should check the logs. Here is the error:
kafobanaqo.kodi(paste)
Please, help, thanks!
There is some sort of network issue. The error handling didn't catch this one right so I can't tell what exactly. I'll fix the error handling in the next version, though it may be awhile.
Hi.

How should I handle situation, when I have more artwork of some type downloaded? Say I have configured downloading 1 movie poster, now I would like to have 2 posters. Is it enough to change to 2 posters in AB configuration and run adding artwork on library?
@rmrector Awesome tool..... and thanks for your valued contrubutions....

When can we expect to see " animated artworks"..... At minimum  "Animated Posters". I have seen to option to download extra type via command line within the settings and want to know what to use for "animated posters"
(2019-05-31, 01:50)sniferx1 Wrote: @rmrector Awesome tool..... and thanks for your valued contrubutions....

When can we expect to see " animated artworks"..... At minimum  "Animated Posters". I have seen to option to download extra type via command line within the settings and want to know what to use for "animated posters"
To scan animated artwork in your kodi is not a problem at all.
You have to use the "ADDITIONAL ART TYPES" section in the ArtworkBeef settings. Just type in there wich artwork types you so want to scan into kodi -> animatedposter, animatedfanart
Then run "add missing artwork for ..." all.
But before you have to put and name the artworks manually nearby you have storaged your other artworks dependent on wich system you have chosen.
If all your artwork has moviefilename prefix then "moviefilename-animatedposter.gif","moviefilename-animatedfanart.gif", if your other artwork is named without prefix just name "animatedposter.gif","animatedfanart.gif"

On all skins i tried supporting this only animatedposter is working clean on my testings, i experienced several problems with animatedfanart so i stopped using them.
___
But if you more meant not only the scan into kodi function but also a download function so the all in one stuff like the fanart.tv artwork types, this isn't possible in ArtworkBeef yet.
First of all we need a place were all animated artwork is collected together and second an API access to this collection.
But wait a second ... since about 1 month we already have:
the KyraDB API (free 2 use)
thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=343391

All collected animatedposter and animatedfanart collected on animated artwork main thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215727
...and more is accessable via the KyraDB API (free 2 use)

All to do is to implement it into ArtworkBeef the same way the fanart.tv stuff is implementent.

(BTW via this API support more "non-official" artwork types beside animatedposter and animatedfanart accessible there via API, also characterart for movies and actress png's can be requestes from API)
I forgot to post about the Artwork Beef update last month, so here is that info plus another one.

Artwork Beef updated to 0.23.4 0.23.5

0.23.4 better handles file access issues when working with central folders, like permission errors and non-existent files. It also reduces memory usage when running periodic updates. That first one will still be RAM heavy, though.

0.23.5 fixes the HTTP error handling error that @ferdinand encountered.

Artwork Helper updated to 0.9.1

This version is Kodi v19 Pyton 3 compatible and adds a mime type to the ListItems returned so Kodi identifies image URLs without extensions.
Hi,
I am using Titan Bingie Skin. I want to set different picture in Landscape and background. But it always shows the same picture in both. I tried to change using choose art option. When I tried to change in landscape option, nothing happens. But changing in fanart changes in both landscape and background picture. help me out
(2019-05-31, 02:51)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-05-31, 01:50)sniferx1 Wrote: @rmrector Awesome tool..... and thanks for your valued contrubutions....

To scan animated artwork in your kodi is not a problem at all.
You have to use the "ADDITIONAL ART TYPES" section in the ArtworkBeef settings. Just type in there wich artwork types you so want to scan into kodi -> animatedposter, animatedfanart
But before you have to put and name the artworks manually nearby you have storaged your other artworks dependent on wich system you have chosen.
If all your artwork has moviefilename prefix then "moviefilename-animatedposter.gif","moviefilename-animatedfanart.gif", if your other artwork is named without prefix just name "animatedposter.gif","animatedfanart.gif"

On all skins i tried supporting this only animatedposter is working clean on my testings, i experienced several problems with animatedfanart so i stopped using them.
___
But if you more meant not only the scan into kodi function but also a download function so the all in one stuff like the fanart.tv artwork types, this isn't possible in ArtworkBeef yet.
First of all we need a place were all animated artwork is collected together and second an API access to this collection.
But wait a second ... since about 1 month we already have:
the KyraDB API (free 2 use)
thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=343391

All collected animatedposter and animatedfanart collected on animated artwork main thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215727
...and more is accessable via the KyraDB API (free 2 use)

All to do is to implement it into ArtworkBeef the same way the fanart.tv stuff is implementent.

(BTW via this API support more "non-official" artwork types beside animatedposter and animatedfanart accessible there via API, also characterart for movies and actress png's can be requestes from API) 

@rmrector Any luck getting  KyraDB API integrated with Artwork Beef?
(2019-06-16, 09:14)karthikm Wrote: Hi,
I am using Titan Bingie Skin. I want to set different picture in Landscape and background. But it always shows the same picture in both. I tried to change using choose art option. When I tried to change in landscape option, nothing happens. But changing in fanart changes in both landscape and background picture. help me out
That's cause your Skin using the same InfoLabel for it, it's a skin problem ArtworkBeef could not help out. You have to change the InfoLabel in skin .xml if you want that changed.
(2019-05-31, 02:51)chrissix Wrote: To scan animated artwork in your kodi is not a problem at all.

@chrissix I did tried above with Artwork beef but not a single Animated poster got downloaded. Can you inform me a Movie that works for you?

Also what Skin you recommend for Animated Posters?
(2019-06-29, 18:50)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 09:14)karthikm Wrote: Hi,
That's cause your Skin using the same InfoLabel for it, it's a skin problem ArtworkBeef could not help out. You have to change the InfoLabel in skin .xml if you want that changed.
How to change that InfoLabel. Where can i find that skin.xml.
(2019-06-30, 10:26)sniferx1 Wrote:
(2019-05-31, 02:51)chrissix Wrote: To scan animated artwork in your kodi is not a problem at all.

@chrissix I did tried above with Artwork beef but not a single Animated poster got downloaded. Can you inform me a Movie that works for you?

ArtworkBeef does not download the .gif files for you. The skinhelperservice did this before. But unfortunately the .gif files have been moved to a different server and the skinhelperservice still tries to download the .gif files from the old empty server.

I have copies of my .gif files. I renamed them and copied them manuallly to my movie folders. Than I executed Artwork Beef. That worked fine.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

(2019-06-30, 10:26)sniferx1 Wrote:

...read a few lines afterwards...
Quote:But before you have to put and name the artworks manually nearby you have storaged your other artworks dependent on wich system you have chosen.
"Scanning" artwork into kodi is not the same like "Downloading"!
"Downloading+Scanning" is only possible with standard artwork types, Scanning is possible with whatever you want - that's what the "ADDITIONAL ART TYPES" settings are for.

BTW if you really want to know how animated stuff work currently read this whole post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2864578
Artwork Beef updated to 0.24.0

KyraDB is supported, and brings characterart and basic support for animated posters and fanart for movies. A User key from KyraDB is required for this artwork.

Animated artwork MUST BE downloaded. Kodi won't play animated artwork from web URLs nor "smb://" or "nfs://" mounted LAN shares, they must be stored on device-local storage or mounted at the OS level. Artwork Beef will only download animated artwork next to the media files like any other artwork, it doesn't copy them to device-local storage like Skin Helper Service would. I'm not a big fan of the current performance no matter where they are stored, but AB is doing its thing.
(2019-07-08, 03:38)rmrector Wrote: Artwork Beef updated to 0.24.0KyraDB is supported, and brings characterart and basic support for animated posters and fanart for movies. A User key from KyraDB is required for this artwork.

Animated artwork MUST BE downloaded. Kodi won't play animated artwork from web URLs nor "smb://" or "nfs://" mounted LAN shares, they must be stored on device-local storage or mounted at the OS level. Artwork Beef will only download animated artwork next to the media files like any other artwork, it doesn't copy them to device-local storage like Skin Helper Service would. I'm not a big fan of the current performance no matter where they are stored, but AB is doing its thing.

@rmrector  Thanks million for this feature. Want to check anyway just to scan for animated posters? Reason is I have done so many adhoc selections for 3000+ movies and I don't want all reset back to default when I scan for animated posters. If a way available it will he a huge help//// If not I will scan one by one just for missing ARTWORK..
(2019-07-08, 03:38)rmrector Wrote: Artwork Beef updated to 0.24.0KyraDB is supported, and brings characterart and basic support for animated posters and fanart for movies. A User key from KyraDB is required for this artwork.

@rmrector I can't get this feature to work.... . I have entered my API Key and User Key to AB Advance settings screen and tried it for X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Please help....

I have validated via CLI I got access to KyraDB and can confirm below
Sample API URL BELOW....

Request via CLI:
curl -i -H "Application/json" -H "Content-type: application/json" -H "Userkey: decXXXXXXXXXXXe" -H "Apikey: dXXXXXXXXXXXc" "https://www.kyradb.com/api10/movie/imdbid/tt1877832/images/animated"

Responce via CLI:
jason:
HTTP/2 200 
date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 08:20:54 GMT
server: Apache
vary: Accept-Encoding
content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

{"error":0,"message":"successful","number_of_posters":6,"posters":[{"name":"4a5188b9f6ab5ae34b705b4a4245ada45f3f9a47a6d946dbdffe25e28aa03f731.gif","resolution":"472 x 700","width":"472","height":"700","date_added":"2018-11-30 13:05:34"},{"name":"a36b17ad27d17142889fb236fddc1a1d868dc7826589673626758b7b02cdf6411.gif","resolution":"338 x 500","width":"338","height":"500","date_added":"2018-11-30 13:05:52"},{"name":"77437cd1f434fa8810c40977ecca35f6ec3cdf6e2478e96fb15cee3a88db42e31.gif","resolution":"500 x 713","width":"500","height":"713","date_added":"2019-06-25 18:39:10"},{"name":"3c14abfc08adeab5635c5edbcc6023ad2212a27d7ed24363014984d607e1ab5f1.gif","resolution":"500 x 713","width":"500","height":"713","date_added":"2019-06-25 18:39:32"},{"name":"0b259dbc7c7ea390648f3e5cf3a81b49f983249db3a9f84ab55ae7b06266ac841.gif","resolution":"500 x 713","width":"500","height":"713","date_added":"2019-06-25 18:45:52"},{"name":"a7353651cf751f78c78347b3b095abee81fa7ae8bf1e6b20e2bdd75f513f01681.gif","resolution":"500 x 713","width":"500","height":"713","date_added":"2019-06-25 18:46:03"}],"number_of_backgrounds":0,"backgrounds":[],"base_url_posters":"https:\/\/www.kyradb.com\/posters\/w342","base_url_backgrounds":"https:\/\/www.kyradb.com\/backgrounds\/original","base_url_character_art":"https:\/\/www.kyradb.com\/characters\/original","base_url_actor_art":"https:\/\/www.kyradb.com\/actors\/original","base_url_logos":"https:\/\/www.kyradb.com\/logos\/original","timezone_str":"Europe\/London","timezone":"GMT"}
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5