v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
Can't get local setart (movieset art) to add to library

I have locally created movie sets (so no TMDB or other ident) that I push to Kodi videodb using nfo files.  I have a central movieset art folder with subfolders for each set.  I add local art eg poster.jpg and moviesetname-poster.jpg to the collection subfolder.  I have setart enabled in AB with local only-do not download and my central setart folder set and use subfolders checked.  I tried with and without use alternate MSAA filenames.  When I run AB and try "scan for new local files for video library" it doesn't find anything, and also in the context/manage for the collection "AB: find missing artwork" finds nothing and the AB report says
Code:
== 2019-07-13 11:10:20: Processing list automatically
1 items in list - set: 1
== 2019-07-13 11:10:20: Processing set 'Test Collection'
Missing artwork: clearart, discart, fanart, poster, banner, landscape, clearlogo
No artwork updated.
  So I manually add the art using Kodi choose art facility.

Kodi 18.3
AB 0.24.0
Win 10 home
OS mounted ntfs volume for the library movies and movieset art central location

I did another test and moved the moviesetname-poster.jpg from the collectionsubfolder to the parent central location folder.  I unselected the "save new artwork to subdirectories" option and that worked.  It this per design?  I guess I assumed that the "save new artwork to subdirectories" would also allow AB to find local art in those subdirectories (your wiki seems to suggest this or maybe I didn't read closely enough).

scott s.

Messages In This Thread
Artwork Helper version 0.7.0 - by rmrector - 2016-10-11, 11:30
Extrafanart - by stephen147 - 2018-05-15, 20:59
RE: Artwork Beef Context Menu - by berkhornet - 2018-09-25, 11:49
RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - by scott967 - 2019-07-13, 23:23
Artwork changing by itself - by crazyhands911 - 2020-05-18, 00:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5