• 62(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
Can't get local setart (movieset art) to add to library

I have locally created movie sets (so no TMDB or other ident) that I push to Kodi videodb using nfo files.  I have a central movieset art folder with subfolders for each set.  I add local art eg poster.jpg and moviesetname-poster.jpg to the collection subfolder.  I have setart enabled in AB with local only-do not download and my central setart folder set and use subfolders checked.  I tried with and without use alternate MSAA filenames.  When I run AB and try "scan for new local files for video library" it doesn't find anything, and also in the context/manage for the collection "AB: find missing artwork" finds nothing and the AB report says
Code:
== 2019-07-13 11:10:20: Processing list automatically
1 items in list - set: 1
== 2019-07-13 11:10:20: Processing set 'Test Collection'
Missing artwork: clearart, discart, fanart, poster, banner, landscape, clearlogo
No artwork updated.
  So I manually add the art using Kodi choose art facility.

Kodi 18.3
AB 0.24.0
Win 10 home
OS mounted ntfs volume for the library movies and movieset art central location

I did another test and moved the moviesetname-poster.jpg from the collectionsubfolder to the parent central location folder.  I unselected the "save new artwork to subdirectories" option and that worked.  It this per design?  I guess I assumed that the "save new artwork to subdirectories" would also allow AB to find local art in those subdirectories (your wiki seems to suggest this or maybe I didn't read closely enough).

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
What settings do I need to make it so artwork beef only adds the clear logo and disc art to movies that do not have them already?  I already have the poster / background / logos / disc set for some of my library and I do not want them replaced.
(2019-07-14, 09:33)willburstyle06 Wrote: What settings do I need to make it so artwork beef only adds the clear logo and disc art to movies that do not have them already?  I already have the poster / background / logos / disc set for some of my library and I do not want them replaced.
Nothing will be exchanged!

Disable everything you do not need and leave only the things you need activated.
(2019-07-14, 09:37)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-07-14, 09:33)willburstyle06 Wrote: What settings do I need to make it so artwork beef only adds the clear logo and disc art to movies that do not have them already?  I already have the poster / background / logos / disc set for some of my library and I do not want them replaced.
Nothing will be exchanged!

Disable everything you do not need and leave only the things you need activated. 
Okay so basically I just want to add the Disc art and HD Clear Logo to the movies that do not have them yet. I went through and tried to turn basically everything off but those two settings. Will it try and replace the Disc art and Logo I have set already though for some of my movies? There were specific settings I had set in artwork downloader (wish that was still working) to make sure it didn't replace anything.
(2019-07-13, 04:25)rmrector Wrote: Right, so posters are missing. KyraDB doesn't provide a language field so I naively picked 'unknown' as a placeholder, but Artwork Beef wants to match languages for most images.

I can default them to English, but it turns out KyraDB does have 'No language' animated posters as well, so it would be nice if Artwork Beef were able to tell the difference between the two - 'animatedkeyart' is so close!

I need more details on the fanart problem. Can you list a few movies with multiple fanart that I can experiment with?
For now you can default everything to English. If you want to I can add a language key and value to the json output (it will always be English, but it's possible).

If a textless animated poster is a different art type, why not treat it as such?
It won’t be a problem to mark it differently in the database. I don’t think a language tag should be used for it.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2019-07-13, 23:23)scott967 Wrote: I did another test and moved the moviesetname-poster.jpg from the collectionsubfolder to the parent central location folder.
When movie set artwork is in sub directories the artwork name is just "poster.jpg", the short name.

(2019-07-15, 20:51)rschiks Wrote: If a textless animated poster is a different art type, why not treat it as such?
It won’t be a problem to mark it differently in the database. I don’t think a language tag should be used for it.
In the general case, a poster is a poster whether it has text / title / logo on it or not. Language metadata on a poster that describes the text on that poster works just fine, as does "null" or similar when there is no text thus no meaningful language to specify.

We have a more specific use case here in Kodi front-end land - it is helpful to have the static images available separately as keyart (posters without text) can be used nicely as a background object while posters (with text) in the background can be distracting, and animated versions will have similar distinctions.

But the point of that was "it would be nice if Artwork Beef were able to tell the difference between the two" in the API results, however you want to do it.
So i ran the program with everything turned off  except clear logo and disc art and it still replaced a lot of my poster and fan art somehow. Good job artwork beef, now I have to go back through and fix the art for like 200 movies
Hi All
I have a small issue/quastio, sorry if it has been asked before but in many occasions artwork beef is prefered to download a picture from the movie as Fanart rather than the official fanart which is also included in moviedb, is there a flag i can check in the settings so that i will get the official's movies fanart as priority one?

I'm using Titan Bingie. with Kodi 18.

cheers.
Was anyone able to provisionally solve the animated poster problem until the @rmrector release a fix?
My python knowledge is limited.
I know the right place is -> addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\providers -> kyradb.py in the middle section.
All own attempts to work around the problem have failed so far  No
I am having an issue with artbeef finding art for my movies in my library I keep getting an error and it says it needs some animated file thisonly happens for movies tv show works fine is this a new issue or is there a fix for this I am on an adroid box version of Kodi
(2019-07-16, 08:03)willburstyle06 Wrote: So i ran the program with everything turned off  except clear logo and disc art and it still replaced a lot of my poster and fan art somehow. Good job artwork beef, now I have to go back through and fix the art for like 200 movies

Artwork Beef is designed not to replace image files and there haven't been any reports of such a thing for some time. Did you get this number from the popup message or artwork-report.txt, or have you noticed many of your posters changing? I do intend for this not to happen, and while I can't really undo anything that happened to your library, with some more detail from you I may be able to fix AB so it doesn't happen to others.

Note that I mean it won't replace artwork files that already exist locally, but there are a couple of cases where artwork that is linked by a URL to the web service can change. Local artwork is preferred, so if you had a URL in the Kodi library and an image file next to your media it will replace the URL. AB can also "clean up" a few URLs to account for URL changes the web services have made since AB was created, but URLs changed this way should still point to the same image.
(2019-07-16, 08:21)jonsnow30 Wrote: Hi All
I have a small issue/quastio, sorry if it has been asked before but in many occasions artwork beef is prefered to download a picture from the movie as Fanart rather than the official fanart which is also included in moviedb, is there a flag i can check in the settings so that i will get the official's movies fanart as priority one?

I'm using Titan Bingie. with Kodi 18.

cheers.

No, there is no way to differentiate between them automatically.

(2019-07-20, 04:53)Crimsondragon72 Wrote: I am having an issue with artbeef finding art for my movies in my library I keep getting an error and it says it needs some animated file thisonly happens for movies tv show works fine is this a new issue or is there a fix for this I am on an adroid box version of Kodi

If you are seeing this message when running Artwork Beef automatically then this is happening because animated artwork or characterart is selected in settings but no KyraDB user key is entered in the Advanced tab. This message popping up when running manually with no KyraDB user key is a bug I will fix in the next version.
@rmrector need you assistance with how to use this awesome utility to remove old Download artwork and replace with new artworks?

Problem I got is I got old artwork for around 2000+ movies that downloaded with the format of
- poster.jpg
- fanart1.jpg
And so forth.....

My AB settings are for all new movies is that - - basefilename-poster.jpg
- basefilename-xxxxxx

Using the AB remove artwork feature I tried to remove all artworks and rescan them all but AB not removing the old downloaded artwork and only removing files with the base file name artworks.

I got 4000+ movies and 1/2 of them correct and other 1/2 need a refresh.

Kindly help with this request as otherwise I need to manually navigate to 2000 folders and remove old artworks.
@sniferx1 You made a mess of naming conventions. I struggled to fix that with ArtworkBeef without deleting all artworks.
I got it best with using "Bulk Rename Utility" you can set there specific file search filter and delete all out you don't need.
I cannot get movie set art to work the the life of me. I believe I'm doing everything correctly but maybe I'm missing something.

I've tried everything I can possibly think of

m:/moviesets/moviesetname-poster.png

m:/moviesets/moviesetname/poster.png

m:/movie thats in set/movieset-poster.png

Ive changed the options in artwork beef pertaining to movie sets to all the different options and done a local file search in artwork beef each time and it never seems to find my sets.... Is there something im just missing and will feel like a total moron when you tell me?
(2019-07-27, 05:22)homelessbrian Wrote: I cannot get movie set art to work the the life of me.
Have you set the location of the central artwork folder in Artwork Beef?

Also, use simple names for movie set artwork. ie, poster.jpg, fanart.jpg, clearlogo.png etc... see... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets_artwor...al_Artwork

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5