• 78(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2016-02-05, 12:08)rmrector Wrote: It is developed for Kodi 17 Krypton and 18 Leia, and should also work for 16 Jarvis. 15 Isengard should mostly still work, but it's really time to update. 19 Matrix is not supported.
(2019-12-16, 13:49)Son_Of_Diablo Wrote: Hello,

I'm having an issue where TV Episode thumbs isn't extracted/generated until I actively browse the Video Library to a location that would show that specific episode (like the season that contains it or a view like Recently Added).
This leads to a situation where the episodes doesn't have a thumb on the Home Menu until I browse to some place that would trigger this event.

I'm using Artwork Beef to download artwork for my movies and TV Shows, and I have enabled the option "Replace  episode 'thumb' with Kodi generated thumb" in Artwork Beef.
Could my issue be related to the use of Artwork Beef or would it be more plausible that it's a Theme related issue? (I'm currently using Estuary MOD V2).
Or is this simply just how Kodi works?

This is how Kodi works.

(2019-12-21, 03:20)leejk Wrote: Hi,

There seems to be problem with setting central info directory for move set artwork in advanced settings. It seems that once the network location is set, you can’t change it to another location outside of that root file system. I was wanting to change it from an nfs location to a Windows mapped drive, and could not.

Also I noticed that even though in advanced settings I have the save artwork with movie file base name turned off, new artwork is named that way anyways.

Both work for me, I need more info to help you. Start with items 2, 4, and 5 at the bottom of the first post.
(2019-12-25, 19:51)rmrector Wrote:
(2019-12-16, 13:49)Son_Of_Diablo Wrote: Hi,

There seems to be problem with setting central info directory for move set artwork in advanced settings. It seems that once the network location is set, you can’t change it to another location outside of that root file system. I was wanting to change it from an nfs location to a Windows mapped drive, and could not.

Also I noticed that even though in advanced settings I have the save artwork with movie file base name turned off, new artwork is named that way anyways.

Both work for me, I need more info to help you. Start with items 2, 4, and 5 at the bottom of the first post.  
Yes, the Central Info Directory partially works. Initially on first setup I selected an NFS location. Now when I try and change it, in the dialog that opens I can only navigate to the top of the file system of that NFS share. It will not let you select any other source location. As a work around I have to manually change it in the add on settings file.

On the other advanced option, SAVE MOVIE ARTWORK WITH MOVIE BASE FILE NAME, this may be just happening with character art and animated posters. Tonight though I ran on it on 2 new movies, and it worked as expected, so not sure what happened before.

thx
Where does the posters and fanart go?
Does AB work with kcleaner and profilecleaner or they remove everything?
(2019-12-28, 01:18)snyft Wrote: Where does the posters and fanart go? I don't find them next to my files.
How do I fix thumbnails for some episodes?
Some newer shows don't have thumbnails.

This may help: https://rmrector.github.io/script.artwor...fromfiles/
I have a number of TV Show folders that I created myself in order to manage certain types of one-off programming (e.g. Space Documentaries, Interviews, Miscellaneous, etc). How do I assign a poster image for such folders using a local file contained within each folder? I could do it in regular Kodi, as one of the Manage options was to choose a local artwork file, but Artwork Beef just tells me there is no remote online info for that particular folder name (which is to be expected as they are my own named folders) but it does not then present me with an option to manually choose a local artwork.jpg or poster.jpg file instead. Is there some kind of magic naming protocol, or even hard-coded tvshow.nfo content I should use? (I did try putting a simple <thumb>folder.jpg</thumb> line into the tvshow.info files, but that didn't seem to do anything)

[Edit: Ah, I did a bit of experimenting and found that using the in-folder filename poster.jpg rather than folder.jpg (which I usually use for other apps) worked fine and allowed the image to be selected. Problem solved] 

Andre
Um I need help I have artwork beef installed and I'm not seeing any new clear art or logos or posters? I'm new to this and I'm wondering what can I do... basically I'm seeing a lot of old stuff fanart, posters, and etc... Can anyone help?
in my case i have all my movies in a main pc, so kodi access to movies through network.
I know animated gif cant´be used under this conditions..

so, it´s possible config artwork beef  to download the images on the pc where kodi is installed?
Can I please get some help please... artwork beef is not doing anything for me and I have the settings configured correctly.. help
(2020-01-06, 13:46)Butta97 Wrote: Can I please get some help please... artwork beef is not doing anything for me and I have the settings configured correctly.. help
You can start off by describing what the actual problem is, instead of making generic, non-helpful comments. Also provide Debug Log that capture the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-01-06, 20:37)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-01-06, 13:46)Butta97 Wrote: Can I please get some help please... artwork beef is not doing anything for me and I have the settings configured correctly.. help
You can start off by describing what the actual problem is, instead of making generic, non-helpful comments. Also provide Debug Log that capture the problem.

Wait before I reply maybe I'm getting it wrong does artwork beef update artwork in videos add-ons or specifically stuff that I add to my library? I'm a generic Kodi user
As far as I am aware, it is for local library items.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
can anyone explain to me how exactly to get animated artwork populated?  i pull the majority of artwork from my local files.  I also have the required API's for KyraDB to get animated artwork.  i can see Artwork Beef does find animated art and save it, but even if i select the animated art it does not show up.

i have read in some threads that any animated artwork must be saved do the internal memory of the device (saved on my shield's sd card in my case) is that correct?

any tips would be much appreciated
Question about Artwork Beef behaviour - this show has an HD clearlogo: https://fanart.tv/series/336845/the-letdown/

...but for some reason, Artwork Beef has never downloaded it as a clearlogo.  I just tried with Tiny Media Manager and it went off and grabbed it straight away.  What might account for the difference here?  Does AB only look for normal clearlogos (which I don't think they let you upload anymore - the idea being the HD ones are better and can be down converted, presumably).

Or is there some other reason it would not download it that is less obvious?
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
First, Thanks for the work on this!

Two Questions:
1.  Is there a way to have AB add new scraper based artwork to a library that already has local art?   Ex:   I have a movie or show that has fanart.jpg through fanart4.jpg.   If I run an add missing artwork from the context menu, nothing is added; however, if I select artwork, i see that 44 fanart options are available.  it would be great to have AB download additional art from these sources up to the configured limits.  is this possible?

2.  I believe the answer is yes, but is a python 3 version planned at some point in the future?

Thanks
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5