• 90(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2020-11-22, 00:02)rmrector Wrote: Alrighty, I've pushed my initial attempt at a cut-down add-on for Matrix that does only one thing - download artwork locally from links already in the Kodi library, provided by scrapers or JSON-RPC. Unfortunately CoreELEC still does not support Kodi 19 on my Odroid N2 so I can't yet eat my own dogfood, but it seems to work in narrower testing on my laptop. It is bare-bones at the moment but perhaps better than nothing. Direct download Artwork Dump, it is also available in my repo.
Thanks @rmrector

Movies scraped without issue. It did stumble on a movie set and took a manual run of the addon to get movie set artwork to download. Waiting to see if it was a once off with the next movie I scrape. Haven't scraped tv shows yet.

Would saving actors images to .actors also be a possibility? Maybe as an option?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm a little bit confused regards to the art types - what is the purpose of "animatedposter, animatedfanart, animatedkeyart" since the demise of Kyra?

What skins are you guys using that support he animated types?
(2020-11-24, 04:08)Karellen Wrote: Would saving actors images to .actors also be a possibility? Maybe as an option?

Kind of. It could download them but not change the paths in the library, so Kodi wouldn't use them until the item is refreshed in the library.
(2020-11-27, 03:57)rmrector Wrote: Kind of. It could download them but not change the paths in the library, so Kodi wouldn't use them until the item is refreshed in the library.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. This is for your new Matrix version. When you download the poster fanart clearlogo etc, does AB change the path in the library? But it can't for actors? I suppose that would be ok, as the next time the movie is scanned into the library it would use the local actors images and save hitting the remote servers.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi

Kodi auto updated "Artwork Beef" today to 28.5. It messed up EVERYTHING! Artwork will no longer download when I goto manually add a logo or fanart from "fanart.tv".... and much of the fanart and posters wont load and show too. All the "remote art" doesnt DL and stays blank.
it still DLs art from the MovieDB and others but why suddenly is nothing DLing from "Fanart.tv"? Ive added a personal API key and still nothing. Could this be a "fanart.tv" site issue?

This issue happens with movies and TV....everything was working perfectly yesterday until this auto update today.

Anyone else having issues like this? Anyone know how to fix this? Or anyone know where I can find an older version of artwork beef? Cant find old versions anywhere!

Thanks
(2020-11-27, 23:55)MrGonzo Wrote: Hi

Kodi auto updated "Artwork Beef" today to 28.5. It messed up EVERYTHING! Artwork will no longer download when I goto manually add a logo or fanart from "fanart.tv".... and much of the fanart and posters wont load and show too. All the "remote art" doesnt DL and stays blank.
it still DLs art from the MovieDB and others but why suddenly is nothing DLing from "Fanart.tv"? Ive added a personal API key and still nothing. Could this be a "fanart.tv" site issue?

This issue happens with movies and TV....everything was working perfectly yesterday until this auto update today.

Anyone else having issues like this? Anyone know how to fix this? Or anyone know where I can find an older version of artwork beef? Cant find old versions anywhere!

Thanks

Are you sure it's an artwork beef issue and not a Fanart TV issue? The TVDB and TMDB art is working fine. Fanart TV seems to be down at the moment.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
Hi

Oh ok well thats good to know, Was wondering if it might be a site issue...their site is working (but slow) but if others are seeing it down then maybe it is just a "fanart.tv" site issue. It will NOT display or DL logos right now from there at all!

Yes it does DL the art from the other sites (TVDB, MovieDB). Hopefully this fixes itself...soooo annoying when this kind of thing happens...Kodi did auto update AB today to v28.5. Wish I could rollback till this issue is fixed. AB was working perfectly yesterday.

Q: Is there somewhere I can go to see the status of these scrapper services ie "fanart.tv"?

Thanks
(2020-11-27, 23:55)MrGonzo Wrote: Hi

Thanks

I'm also having trouble with the add-on after updating. It takes several minutes to open when launched from the skin context menu and then appears to function fine, but then the downloads come through very slowly after that also taking several minutes to complete. Since the add-on runs in the background there's no way to monitor what it is doing.

I don't know if its a problem with fanart.tv, I can access and search the site just fine. Maybe API responses are delayed?
(2020-11-27, 04:28)Karellen Wrote: When you download the poster fanart clearlogo etc, does AB change the path in the library? But it can't for actors?

1 yes, 2 correct. There is no JSON-RPC interface to modify actors.
(2020-11-26, 21:17)twinpeaks Wrote: I'm a little bit confused regards to the art types - what is the purpose of "animatedposter, animatedfanart, animatedkeyart" since the demise of Kyra?

What skins are you guys using that support he animated types?
AeonMQ7 Leia Mod.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod

(2020-11-22, 00:02)rmrector Wrote: Alrighty, I've pushed my initial attempt at a cut-down add-on for Matrix that does only one thing - download artwork locally from links already in the Kodi library, provided by scrapers or JSON-RPC. Unfortunately CoreELEC still does not support Kodi 19 on my Odroid N2 so I can't yet eat my own dogfood, but it seems to work in narrower testing on my laptop. It is bare-bones at the moment but perhaps better than nothing. Direct download Artwork Dump, it is also available in my repo.

I tried to install these tonight on my machine and when I used the Artwork Dump zip I got a not compatible error. I then tried to install via the repo so installed the repo first but when I try to access it I get an error that it can't connect to the repo.

I'm using a customized x86 build based on v19 Beta 1 but I dont' see how that should matter.
@pletopia

I just downloaded and installed it on v19 beta and a nightly from two nights ago and all installed correctly.

Post a Debug Log and we might spot the problem.
My Signature
It installed now. I had an old v19 build that I just updated so I think there were some conflicts with my .kodi folder as it was a port from my v18 setup. After I wiped .kodi folder and rebooted Artwork Dump installed from zip.

I still can't access the repo though.

https://paste.kodi.tv/mukumehoyo.kodi
(2020-12-05, 02:33)pletopia Wrote: I still can't access the repo though.

https://paste.kodi.tv/mukumehoyo.kodi
Your log shows some fatal errors from line 348 onwards. I assume that is your problem.

Best to head over to LibreELEC forum to see if there is a known issue.
My Signature
Yeah, not sure what those are about but don't see why that would be stopping the repo from working but Artwork Dump did attempt to run after I scanned movies in. Only issue is I have my movies rar'ed and current build of script can't handle that like Artwork Beef was able to.
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5